cricket
Latest News:
Welcome to ICF, folks!
Please register to become part of the Indian Cricket Fever family.

shilpa
Tendulkar denies even considering retirement
shilpa (IP Logged)
10 March, 2012 19:54
Zee News is reporting he denied any such considerations......by sending a sms to them.

Well good news for sachin lovers smiling smiley

MESSAGES->author
Re: Tendulkar denies even considering retirement
Spirit of Cricket (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 02:41
Good, why feed the speculation?

Makes little sense for a guy to retire who happens to be among the best 2 or 3 batsmen in India. This article brings up some good points: [blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.com]

thirdman
thirdman (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 05:21
SRT is still India's number 1 batsman.

Next to go VVS then V Sehwag. Pls retire fast.

MESSAGES->author
round rock (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 08:09
sachin may announce retirement from ODI cricket after this asia cup (provided he reaches that milestone)

shilpa
shilpa (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 10:04
Quote:
round rock
sachin may announce retirement from ODI cricket after this asia cup (provided he reaches that milestone)

that is exactly what he has denied here:
[zeenews.india.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2012 10:05 by shilpa.

MESSAGES->author
Birbal (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 16:23
Of course he will DENY it... but I bet he gets "injured" or some such if he gets the 100 and stops playing ODIs...smiling smiley

Indian well wisher
Indian Well Wisher (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 16:31
Tendu does not need to "retire" like dravid.just stop playing meaningless ODI..

He is forced to do that due to this monkey of 100th 100, and will stop playing ODI w/o retirement post this meaningless landmark..

MESSAGES->author
Birbal (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 16:35
If it is truly meaningless why the obessive pursuit of it?

thirdman
thirdman (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 19:55
Quote:
Birbal
If it is truly meaningless why the obessive pursuit of it?

Cuz SRT is a primarily a record gatherer. Also, the Indian public places a huge premium on meaningless individual records over team performance.

I couldnt see an Indian captain declaring like Clarke did when he was on 329*, ever.

audioman
audioman (IP Logged)
12 March, 2012 14:28
^ Well, Dravid did leave Tendulkar stranded on 196 and I still remember the furore. I find it really funny to hear that he has not even thought about it. A lot of people think it is already time for him to call it quits, and he has not even THOUGHT about it?? Un-frickin-believable.

MESSAGES->author
Meet_New_Mr_India (IP Logged)
12 March, 2012 21:01
guess they know nothing about cricket or are just plain jealous..

MESSAGES->author
Birbal (IP Logged)
13 March, 2012 22:04
Sachin may be the ONLY person in the world who has not considered his retirement...smiling smiley

Atul
Atul (IP Logged)
13 March, 2012 22:08
His name bring such love (90%) and strong hate for non cricket reasons is very entertaining.

MESSAGES->author
14 March, 2012 01:08
Greatest batsman ever, deserves some down time.

When he's back, as he will be, the last couple months will be a distant memory.

MESSAGES->author
Birbal (IP Logged)
14 March, 2012 15:33
Spirit you may be right... but why is he putting himself through this? Surely it is for the sake of that elusive 100th 100...

audioman
audioman (IP Logged)
14 March, 2012 17:30
Highly debatable whether he is even the greatest bat of his generation. But I will let that slide. Anyway, even if he was considered by many as the greatest, surely that has got to be even more reason for him to not tarnish that legacy and subject himself to such ridicule. I mean, if you get out of that cocoon, you will notice how many followers world-wide have started to mock at him these days. Of course, the Indians in that bunch will swing the other way immediately after a couple of good knocks. But not with the rest of the world.

MESSAGES->author
14 March, 2012 22:38
Nah, Birbal. The answer is much simpler: his complete and utter love for and dedication to the game.

The great man has no desire to dwell on his life past retirement.

He certainly has no interest in being a coach, commentator, ICC referee, BCCI administrator, or IPL team owner. After retirement, he won't have much to look forward to. Cricket has been his life since he was 15.

Besides he still thinks he's good enough to play. And is probably right.

choor
choor (IP Logged)
15 March, 2012 03:22
I recall an interview I saw on Australian tv with an Indian commentator / professor (or something like that). He mentioned he interviewed Tendulkar once and asked the question about 'life after cricket' and he said Sachin stopped him half away and said 'it is not something he has thought about, and has no idea what he would do once he finishes.'

So for once I agree with Anil (the world may end tomorrow), I think the man knows nothing else.

Still he could always retire and just tour the world playing T20 tournaments. He would still be a draw everywhere.

shilpa
shilpa (IP Logged)
15 March, 2012 07:53
I believe once he is past is 100th hundred...he will blossom again.

he has ONE More world cup left in him

MESSAGES->author
16 March, 2012 11:53
Quote:
choor
I recall an interview I saw on Australian tv with an Indian commentator / professor (or something like that). He mentioned he interviewed Tendulkar once and asked the question about 'life after cricket' and he said Sachin stopped him half away and said 'it is not something he has thought about, and has no idea what he would do once he finishes.'
So for once I agree with Anil (the world may end tomorrow), I think the man knows nothing else.

Check this out, choor- from yesterday's nets session, courtesy cr**info:

There had been a few laughs but the training had been mostly business-like, bearing the hallmarks of a batsman short of runs trying to iron out problems. He rarely bowls these days, and his practice for the day could have ended there, and he could have retired to the shade.

Instead, he stuck around and immensely enjoyed himself with a cat-and-mouse spell of legspin bowling to Rahul Sharma. First, he tested each of the bats Rahul had carried out, and picked out the best one for Rahul to use. He sent down a ripping legbreak that Rahul tried to clobber from the nets to the main Shere Bangla ground, only to be beaten by a long way, to Tendulkar's amusement. The next legbreak was solidly defended, prompting Tendulkar to jokingly ask why he didn't try to slam that one as well. There were googlies that thudded into Rahul's thigh, a straighter one which fizzed on to middle stump, and many times when the batsman struck the ball, Tendulkar would signal that it would have been caught at mid-on or midwicket. The session ended with Tendulkar giving Rahul some batting tips.

Tendulkar has already played more Tests and one-day matches than anybody else. Surely the relentless grind of international cricket would have bored him by now? Whenever asked why he continues to play, Tendulkar invariably says he does because he still loves the game and enjoys it.

It may sound like a pat cliché but in that brief spell against Rahul, it was clear that even after all these years, he still relishes playing the game and derives much delight from it. Add to that the rigorous preparation and the craving for improvement he showed while batting, and it suggests he is in no hurry to join fellow batting legend Rahul Dravid in retirement.

choor
choor (IP Logged)
16 March, 2012 15:00
I agree. Let the man play till he can't play anymore or you find someone better. He wants to keep playing and clearly he enjoys it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net