cricket
Latest News:
Welcome to ICF, folks!
Please register to become part of the Indian Cricket Fever family.

MESSAGES->author
Bad ODI bowling + captaincy
Spirit of Cricket (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 00:41
The exit of Zaheer and Bhajji from the ODI team has led to a disastrously poor ODI attack, besides Dhoni's handling of bowlers has bordered on bizarre.

All this leads to a side that cannot defend 300 against Bangladesh. Good article below.

India urgently need to shore up ODI bowling attack

shilpa
Re: Bad ODI bowling + captaincy
shilpa (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 08:11
It's more captaincy than bowling that is the problem.

I have remrked upon it as India's biggest ODI weakness...that Dhoni is a defensive captain.......doesn;t try to take wickets when bowling with close in catchers or attcaking bowling.....hopes to choke/ cut runs and take the match into the last 10 overs with a huge asking rate.

also when chasing same mindset....take the game into the last 10 overs and blast your way out.

with this defensive approach and esepcially on bowling helpful ptiches outside sub continent, India is not going to be very successful

MESSAGES->author
Spirit of Cricket (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 12:00
When Dhoni gets a poor bowling attack, he turns into a gambler. He unpredictably rotates bowlers and part timers like there's no tomorrow.

MESSAGES->author
round rock (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 15:22
dhoni's mind is always on completing the 5th bowlers quota without much damage, plus some insurance against a poor bowler(s) (each day you will have 1 or 2)

MESSAGES->author
Birbal (IP Logged)
22 March, 2012 17:27
We make Zaheer Khan out to be some sort of SUPER bowler...but Ajit Agarkar has better ODI bowling figures than him by far...

MESSAGES->author
Meet_New_Mr_India (IP Logged)
22 March, 2012 18:09
Why Aggy is much maligned is because of his RPO.. At that time he had higher economy(5.07) than most of his contemporaries.. if i am not mistaken..

MESSAGES->author
Birbal (IP Logged)
22 March, 2012 19:08
Yet his strike rate was better by far than any of his contemporaries

In the end you need both types containers...and wicket takers... Aggy was a very deadly bowler for batsmen...especially the big hitters of the opposition...his most frequent victims were guys like

Jayasurya, Gilchrist, Ponting, etc...

MESSAGES->author
Meet_New_Mr_India (IP Logged)
22 March, 2012 21:50
^ don't get me wrong.. I am the biggest fan of Aggy's bowling if u can ever find.. i m just stating why he was discarded.. after performing brilliantly.. heck even today he can bowl faster than PK and PaSHIThan..

shilpa
shilpa (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 07:22
agarkar should have been persisted in limited over formats....he had a lot to offer........pace, wkt taking abilities, good outfielding

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net