Latest News:
Welcome to ICF, folks!
Please register to become part of the Indian Cricket Fever family.

20 Mar, 2012 00:46 Report
Spirit of Cricket (IP Logged)
Date Joined: May, 2007
Ajmal chucking reports
While Ajmal seems to be a chucker, I don't understand the point of leaking that the Indian team complained to the ICC after winning the match against Pak.

You have to wonder who leaked this to the media - ICC or someone in the team.

It makes sense to pursue such things behind the scenes.

Meanwhile Bedi is having a field day, calling Ajmal the worst chucker in the world.

ReplyQuote

20 Mar, 2012 15:08 Report
round rock (IP Logged)
Re: Ajmal chucking reports
if ajmal's name was some john or david then bedhi wouldnt have criticised

ReplyQuote

20 Mar, 2012 15:46 Report
Spirit of Cricket (IP Logged)
Agreed on that. Bedi is a bakwaas character.

Incidentally, Ajmal's name is the same as the Pakistani terrorist who is on death row in an Indian jail.

ReplyQuote

20 Mar, 2012 16:32 Report
audioman (IP Logged)
How is Bedi wrong? Ajmal is easily easily the worst of the chuckers to have ever played the game. The only ones that even come close are Jermaine Lawson from WI and James Kirtley from England. But even they pale in comparison.

ReplyQuote

21 Mar, 2012 01:59 Report
grok (IP Logged)
Date Joined: Dec, 2009
murli was the biggest chucker. and ajmal now is.

ReplyQuote

21 Mar, 2012 09:11 Report
Slow Left Chinaman (IP Logged)
I thought Bob Willis was racist for suggesting this two months ago?

ReplyQuote

21 Mar, 2012 09:25 Report
choor (IP Logged)
And to be honest - Willis did not even suggest that. He merely said the English coaching system was not encouraging this kind of bowling / action and as a result they were at a disadvantage.

So in a way he was merely being pragmatic.

ReplyQuote

21 Mar, 2012 14:46 Report
audioman (IP Logged)
And Willis is right. All teams should get on board now. Why be left out of the race... I am glad the WI are producing chuckers like Narine too. Why be left out.....

ReplyQuote

21 Mar, 2012 20:41 Report
Meet_New_Mr_India (IP Logged)
If Shane Warne was from subcontinent he would be labeled as chucker too. ;-)

ReplyQuote

22 Mar, 2012 06:51 Report
choor (IP Logged)
In the end it boils down to whether the ICC say he is legal or not. The ICC have cleared him and unless someone can prove he has changed his action, I am not sure how anyone can stop him from playing.

ReplyQuote

22 Mar, 2012 09:13 Report
shilpa (IP Logged)
Date Joined: Jun, 2011
once the gate was opened was Murali.....many will pass throuhg.

as for Bob Willis......he is crying sour grapes........because the art of doosra is not merely about bending arm.......there is a lot more spinning skills required and they just don't have the culture in their country to produce such quality.

Swann has punched above his weight over performed for a resasonable length of time....but now reality is catching up with him

ReplyQuote

22 Mar, 2012 09:59 Report
choor (IP Logged)
Please. If reverse swing can be taught so can everything else.

I would have a biomechanics expert in the academy, they already have the cameras and the other machinery to monitor it - and then they just work on making sure you the bowler has a a sufficient bend in the arm to stay within the limit. Heck they could even hire Ajmal as a consultant / coach.

If you have the money and you are willing to invest it into the right areas, then it should be easy to achieve.

ReplyQuote

22 Mar, 2012 10:47 Report
grok (IP Logged)
Date Joined: Dec, 2009
^ .. I would like to believe in that, for it sounds logical and makes sense. But then .... if that was the case, the super power US, should have produced the best soccer team and best soccer players ....

that didn;t happen and most likely wont in the future too. But the south american slum boys seem to be having it in their blood and with minimal resources, they produce some of the finest.

ReplyQuote

22 Mar, 2012 12:36 Report
shilpa (IP Logged)
Date Joined: Jun, 2011
Quote:
choor
Please. If reverse swing can be taught so can everything else.
I would have a biomechanics expert in the academy, they already have the cameras and the other machinery to monitor it - and then they just work on making sure you the bowler has a a sufficient bend in the arm to stay within the limit. Heck they could even hire Ajmal as a consultant / coach.

If you have the money and you are willing to invest it into the right areas, then it should be easy to achieve.

X-factors, talent, geniuses are not produced in coaching academies or taught in schools or bio-mecahnical labs.
They are born in countries where there is a culture for such as Pakistan, SA and India....

eng does get the beenfit of such talent from SA largely and those with asian descent living in UK

ReplyQuote

22 Mar, 2012 13:14 Report
Max (IP Logged)
ICC has cleared the guy...end of story. I won't be surprised if the rumour that Indian team brought up Ajmal's action with the ICC is true. Indian players have a stupid habit of whining over minor things like this and remaining silent over far more important issues that actually affect their team.

India - World Cup winners 2011!!!
Champions Trophy winners 2013!!!
Congrats to Indian team and all Indian fans!

ReplyQuote

22 Mar, 2012 14:11 Report
audioman (IP Logged)
^ No Max, this time I think India is right on the money. It is such a saddening sight to watch Ajmal bowl, really. I know the likes of Ojha, Harbhajan, Narine now all chuck with a bent elbow. But Ajmal is just unbelievably bad in comparison. The day Murali was reinstated to bowl was the day good spin bowling died.

You can never bowl a doosra without chucking. And it is not about the Indians, or the English for that matter, whining about a bowler that troubles them. Neither team complained about a certain Saqlain. And he troubled both India and England regularly. It was because his action was not even half as bad as Ajmal's. I don't think Ajmal even needs a run-up. Just stand there and pelt. Its just ridiculous. Thank for small mercies like Swann and Ashwin. So, they don't bowl doosras. Big deal, at least they don't hurt my eyes.

ReplyQuote

22 Mar, 2012 15:50 Report
round rock (IP Logged)
he came only 2 years back, he is already 34 years old (by pak standards 34 years is like 37 years in real)

ReplyQuote
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListLog In

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net