cricket
Latest News:
Welcome to ICF, folks!
Please register to become part of the Indian Cricket Fever family.

MESSAGES->author
England v. India 1st Test Birmingham
Birbal (IP Logged)
01 August, 2018 21:54
India do well after losing the toss and being asked to bowl first. Things didn't look too good at 216-3 but then Virat Kohli produced a fielding gem to runout his opposite number and India pushed through the open door, with not too much resistance from the rest.

Ashwin was MAGNIFICENT... Shami very good... Ishant and Umesh were initially not too threatening... especially Umesh who rarely topped 85 mph...not sure what the issue is... Is he carrying an injury?...

Pandya may yet help out with bat...but he seems superfluous with the ball.

MESSAGES->author
Re: England v. India 1st Test Birmingham
Birbal (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 19:37
My apprehensions came true... Indian batting crumbled... only Virat stood tall...

Shame on Dhawan, KL, Rahane, only Vijay was out to a difficult ball...

Max_Admin
Max (IP Logged)
03 August, 2018 12:11
India roars back into the match thanks to Kohli, Ashwin, and Shame/Ishant. If only the others also stand up and perform, India can easily win this series.

Max_Admin
Max (IP Logged)
03 August, 2018 14:06
BTW, Hi Birbal...how are you doing? Been a very long time since I visited here. Good to know that you have been keeping ICF alive smiling smiley Is Anil still around here?

Max_Admin
Max (IP Logged)
03 August, 2018 14:13
England's lead is now 161 with 2 wickets in hand. Can't help feeling that India have let the match slip away. Dhawan's 2 dropped catches after lunch have proved costly. Took one good catch and got carried away as usual and lost focus. If Dhawan fails in 2nd innings, please drop the guy from Tests forever, like done to Rohit Sharma.

MESSAGES->author
Birbal (IP Logged)
03 August, 2018 18:43
Max... great to see you around.... Yeah I have kept the board alive, but posting an article every few weeks... takes a bit of work...but hey, I think it's worth it.

Haven't heard from Anil in ages, and the only others who post semi-regularly are ananthd and Akbar...

As for Dhawan, agree... he is just not Test match material because his defense is so iffy... Sehwag and Warner are both like him in their attacking mindsets as openers...but both can keep the good balls out... which he struggles to do.

MESSAGES->author
Birbal (IP Logged)
03 August, 2018 18:56
Quote:
Birbal
My apprehensions came true... Indian batting crumbled... only Virat stood tall...
Shame on Dhawan, KL, Rahane, only Vijay was out to a difficult ball...

And in the second innings it is deja vu all over again... all the top batsmen failed...sad smiley

I am afraid India will end up losing this one...though once again the bowlers took 20 wickets...

Akbar
Akbar (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 14:11
Humiliating defeat in 2nd Test. All that talk of winning series has now gone out of the window.

MESSAGES->author
Birbal (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 19:46
Quote:
Akbar
Humiliating defeat in 2nd Test. All that talk of winning series has now gone out of the window.

Well India did have the WORST of the conditions... at Lord's but they compounded it by stupid selection and gutless batting...

Why was Kuldeep picked...? Jadeja would have been much better... and Umesh should have been retained and Pandya dropped.

Also, now Dinesh Karthik has scored 21 runs in 4 innings with 2 ducks, a single, and one inning of 20... time to replace him with Rishab Pant.

I was saying Parthiv Patel with his close to the body batting technique and fiery determination would have been a better bat... but Pant with his devil may care hit out or get out may also prove useful down the order... Only good thing about DK is that he has looked decent behind the stumps...

Of course if India had Bhuvi and Bumrah available the story could have been totally different... but they fell victims to IPL... need to keep our top bowlers in cotton wool for the BIG TEST SERIES... if we are to win them overseas...

Less said about IPL and Indian batsmen's techniques the better...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net