cricket
Latest News:
Welcome to ICF, folks!
Please register to become part of the Indian Cricket Fever family.

MESSAGES->author
Ashwin's Mankading of Butler
Birbal (IP Logged)
27 March, 2019 18:17
Despite the hue and cry from commenters...especially English ones... Ashwin was fully within the rules and his rights in running out Butler...

The idea that he waited for Butler to leave the crease before running him out seems true but is actually just a result of his general hesitation to do what he was fully in his rights to do...If you look at it closely... at the point he begins his delivery Butler's bat is already on the line (on the line is out, btw) and he could have just followed through and whipped the bails off in one motion...and Butler would have been a goner...

Instead Ashwin stopped and gave Butler a chance to come back... Butler was oblivious...and kept advancing down the pitch...he then ran him out...

MESSAGES->author
Re: Ashwin's Mankading of Butler
ananthd (IP Logged)
31 March, 2019 10:20
Hue and cry by some of the English and some Aussies such as Shane Warned over nothing! Warned is getting paid as 'mentor'?! I think, some of the easiest money these guys make and his character assassination of Ashwin on Twitter was a bit much given that he got a doping ban, was rumored to be close with bookies and had family issues as well!

I hope this spurs more unexpected mankad's in the future, this is a change that will add a nice element to the game....

24 needed with a bunny coming in at 11? No problem!

Akbar
Akbar (IP Logged)
07 April, 2019 01:24
I like Ashwin's statement : if it does not fit into cricket, change the rule.
Fact is that it is part of rule. So it needs to be honoured and not frowned upon.

MESSAGES->author
Birbal (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 00:26
I would like to see under-arm bowling of the last ball rolled along the ground if six is needed off last ball... called "chappelled"...smiling smiley Btw, ICC made that illegal AFTER Greg Chappell did that to NZ in an ODI... but they haven't made "mankading" illegal...have they?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net