cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Somerset will or won't be Champions of the CC1 in

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Wickham
Re: CB40 Durham Sunday!!
Wickham (IP Logged)
04 September, 2011 15:42
I agree, Norwich. Particular credit to the inexperienced Meschede, who might not have expected to bowl so much, for bowling 7 pretty tight overs.

Wickham
Wickham (IP Logged)
04 September, 2011 16:26
I'm enjoying this!

LordHester
LordHester (IP Logged)
04 September, 2011 16:32
Ah Wickham - you just had to tempt fate!

MESSAGES->author
Grockle (IP Logged)
04 September, 2011 16:54
So proud of Chris Jones and so happy to see Arul doing something significant when given the option in a one day game.

Ain't it good to see us start so well without the usual line-up?

(Sm72)

LordHester
LordHester (IP Logged)
04 September, 2011 16:57
Fantastic to see. I get the sense that one or two of the senior batsmen have become a little complacent in how secure their places are. Hopefully this might give them a shot in the arm - may well be some interesting selection decisions should we make the final.

Grizzzly
Grizzzly (IP Logged)
04 September, 2011 17:18
Can't bear to check in, so will wait for another 45 minutes before doing so again.

Now, back behind the sofa.....

Grizzzly

MESSAGES->author
Grockle (IP Logged)
04 September, 2011 17:29
165 for 3 and I have about 30 mins left before they close down the school computer room. What is the forecast? Will they get on again or are we on our way to Lord's?

(Sm72)

Wickham
Wickham (IP Logged)
04 September, 2011 17:30
Get yourself an umbrella, Grizzz - it's raining and Sky reckon that they may well not get back on.

MESSAGES->author
Grockle (IP Logged)
04 September, 2011 17:36
Good news from SKY that Craig K will be available should we reach the final.

(Sm72)

Norwich SCCC
Norwich SCCC (IP Logged)
04 September, 2011 17:38
I would be surprised if they got back on, Grockle.

We are so far ahead on D/L it would only be a small target to chase. Surrey look like being our opponents.

RobboG
RobboG (IP Logged)
04 September, 2011 17:38
on the way to Lords Grockle, rain now for the evening I would think...

So, Suppiah at the top did the trick.... some excellent bowling by the seamers today and all in all an impressive performance (by the underdogs) ...well played lads.

Looking forward to my second trip to Lords this year..

MESSAGES->author
Grockle (IP Logged)
04 September, 2011 17:42
Chokran guys talk to ya all before then!! Grockles lives on from the new HQ at Grockle Minarets in Seeb

:-)

(Sm72)

marky
Mark (IP Logged)
04 September, 2011 17:55
Congratulations to Somerset, a thoroughly deserved win.

See what I mean about Durham being an erratic one day side? I said they could be absolutely brilliant or really awful.A really jittery start with the bat and they seemed to panic when the boundaries weren't immediately flowing, suicidal running from Stoneman to start the clatter of wickets, Muchall perhaps a bit unlucky, he made a great start to the season but was then dropped for poor form, always a mistake imo to bring him back for a semi final. Will Smith has just made a Championship hundred, and he's just the sort of calm, unflappable player we needed in that top order.

I thought we might just have made a competitive total thanks to the great man Benks with Blackie & Scotty supporting him nicely but the bowling from Claydon(apart from his first over) and Onions was almost unbelievably bad.

That though takes nothing away from the Somerset performance with bat and ball. Best of luck for the final.

Streeter
Streeter (IP Logged)
04 September, 2011 17:55
Allelujah ! Finally the performance we've been waiting for, authoritative , focussed and highly skillful. Take a recording of this ,boys.This is what you're capable of and this is the way to succeed. Well done everyone

Bobstan
Bobstan (IP Logged)
04 September, 2011 17:58
Thanks, Mark. You are a gentleman.

mikeindex
mikeindex (IP Logged)
04 September, 2011 18:00
Chucking it down in Galmington.
Would rather our boys had knocked off the runs properly but there can be no doubt that this is one case where D/L has got it unequivocally right.
Interesting to hear the Durham commentators (who seemed much more sensible this time around) talking about how THEIR team tends to choke on the big occasion! (Though none of them is saying they need to get Ponting in as captain.)

Norwich SCCC
Norwich SCCC (IP Logged)
04 September, 2011 18:01
Quote:
Grockle

Presumably Kevin Pietersen will be available for Surrey - has he played for them this season?

Grizzzly
Grizzzly (IP Logged)
04 September, 2011 18:03
Just checked back in !

Is it match over yet then ?

If so, terrific stuff. Really pleased that we can win without Marcus etc.

Well done to Chris Jones, Arul & Trigger especially (not forgetting SK's three wickets).

Grizzzly

marky
Mark (IP Logged)
04 September, 2011 18:06
Quote:
Norwich SCCC
Quote:
Grockle

Presumably Kevin Pietersen will be available for Surrey - has he played for them this season?

Not sure if he has turned out for them this year but he won't be playing in the final if a report in the Daily Mail from last week is correct. Apparently he will not be available to Surrey for the rest of the season.
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2011 18:08 by Mark.

Norwich SCCC
Norwich SCCC (IP Logged)
04 September, 2011 18:10
Thanks, Mark. I don't think he has been over-burdened with cricket this year though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2011 18:33 by Norwich SCCC.

Grizzzly
Grizzzly (IP Logged)
04 September, 2011 18:15
Wonder if Marcus will have any chance of playing in the Final.

Grizzzly

mikeindex
mikeindex (IP Logged)
04 September, 2011 18:16
I'm sure the Daily Mail's adherence to factual accuracy will be well up to their usual standard.
Mark, I second Bobstan - you're the kind of supporter cricket needs. Are you also a member of a Durham supporters' forum? I'd think about joining if you're typical. (I do hope they don't say the kind of things about Trescothick that certain posters here delight in saying about Collingwood).
Victory officially confirmed!

Wickham
Wickham (IP Logged)
04 September, 2011 18:16
Not abandoned yet, Grizzz. But Sky have just shown pictures of the covers in place and rain falling.

Grizzzly
Grizzzly (IP Logged)
04 September, 2011 18:17
Yes ! Just heard the official announcement via Radio Bristol.

Congratulations SCCC on getting to another Lord's Final.

Grizzzly

Norwich SCCC
Norwich SCCC (IP Logged)
04 September, 2011 18:22
Well played to the young team.

Thats an astonishing NINE consecutive semi-final wins since 1999.

ronnies
ronnies (IP Logged)
04 September, 2011 18:26
Ithink we've saved our best for Durham all this season.

In a way thats a back handed compliment to them as they are a good side.

A great win for the boys. Compo and CK back for the final at least.

edinburghbil
edinburghbil (IP Logged)
04 September, 2011 18:31
Brilliant win! Would have been easy to use the two recent defeats and injury list as an excuse not to turn up!

Well done Jones, Suppiah, Trego, Alf and Tango in particular for doing it when it mattered. An honorable mention to Craig on his bowling stint too.

The only worry was that our spinners were outdone by theirs (Blackie apart) pretty comprehensively on the day.

LordHester
LordHester (IP Logged)
04 September, 2011 18:41
Not sure their spinners looked that good. Kartik was very disappointing but Blackwell, Breese and Borthwick bowled at a time when Somerset didn't need to force the pace. Breese was fortunate, shall we say, to have Hildreth given out.

The Cake Taster
Botham (IP Logged)
04 September, 2011 18:44
Well done guys, just got in after a hectic weekend and phone reception was so bad, I had to keep leaving my exhibition to check on the score. I did manage a half of cider to toast the lads.

mikeindex
mikeindex (IP Logged)
04 September, 2011 18:48
Well, Sussex have definitely had it now. Us v Surrey in the final.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net