cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Somerset will or won't be Champions of the CC1 in

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sloop John B
Re: CB40 Durham Sunday!!
Sloop John B (IP Logged)
05 September, 2011 12:51
A very fine performance with very few flaws. Privilege to be there!

Our seamers were excellent and I can't recall a better spell of bowling from Trigger. Tango and Alf were also (apart from odd wide!) excellent.

A joy to see Arul and Chris Jones get us off to a brilliant start despite a maiden over first up from Claydon. Mark was right about there being two Durhams! Unfortunately for him the wrong one turned up. Their bowling apart from Borthwick was poor and our lads treated their bad deliveries with the disdain they deserved!

Jones' fielding was quite superb esp. with the run out. Later Lewis took on the fielding mantle with some superb work ending with another run out.

Trigger with the bat was totally focussed and played the ball on the ground almost exclusively. It was a well earned MOM altought Arul could count himself a little unlucky after his own fine innings (perhaps his dropped catch and complete misfield led to the award going to Trigger).

A Somerset day to savour - only tarnish was the fact that we couldn't finish it off on the field because of the persistent rain.

MESSAGES->author
Grockle (IP Logged)
05 September, 2011 13:04
Mike - thanks for the reminder to people.

I don't actually mind people editing their posts before anyone has replied to it. I do think that after someone has added to the thread it is only common courtesy to identify why there is an edit after that time.

We've only ever had to deal with one poster who edited his posts in retrospect to change meaning and he no longer posts here..regularly so it isn't really an issue.

(Sm72)

Grizzzly
Grizzzly (IP Logged)
05 September, 2011 15:48
I'm seven hours behind you over there Rodders, which is why some of my posts appear somewhat nocturnal !

Grizzzly

rodders12
rodders (IP Logged)
05 September, 2011 19:22
Thanks Grizzly - are you in Canada ?

Grizzzly
Grizzzly (IP Logged)
05 September, 2011 19:26
Yes Rodders, in a place called Bragg Creek,near Calgary.

Great place to live, apart from no cricket !

Still, will be over next week, so hope to see some of the Lancs game.

Cheers.

Grizzzly

Chinaman
Chinaman (IP Logged)
05 September, 2011 22:52
Highlights of the game here:

">Somerset v Durham

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net