cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Somerset will or won't be Champions of the CC1 in

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Current Page: 1 of 20
MESSAGES->author
What is going on?
Grockle (IP Logged)
13 September, 2011 09:12
having been off the radar for a while in terms of full access I finally got back on to the main admin site of SN today.....

We have been busy.

Not only is Grockles the 9th most viewed site on the whole network for this month (we are already pushing the quarter of a million views for September) but yesterday we hit a few hundred below 30,000 views in a day and in August we were a mere 34,000 views from passing the half a million in a month boundary.

add to that the fact that in the last year our unique users has almost double to just under 7500 and that we have almost doubled our regular monthly traffic in the last half a year.

As I said a little while ago I thought we had found our plateau...seems the mountain has a few more surprises yet.

(Sm72)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/09/2011 11:38 by Grockle.

Sloop John B
Re: What is going on?
Sloop John B (IP Logged)
13 September, 2011 09:26
Shows it is all worthwhile.

Keep up the good (overseas) work Grockle!

MESSAGES->author
Big Jim (IP Logged)
13 September, 2011 09:49
Looks like Durham have bailed out for a while as well.

Grizzzly
Grizzzly (IP Logged)
13 September, 2011 10:36
See what happens when you leave the country Grockle !

Continued great stuff.

Grizzzly

Chinaman
Chinaman (IP Logged)
13 September, 2011 10:42
I must say I at first misinterpreted the title of this thread as commenting on some new disaster or problem, along the lines of "What the hell is going on?" Of course I immediately clicked to find out the latest gossip, only to find Grockle's good news.

But perhaps the intriguingly ambiguous title was intentional after all?

MESSAGES->author
Grockle (IP Logged)
13 September, 2011 11:13
You credit me with far too much skill in social engineering China...the numbers really were a bit of a surprise!

(Sm72)

Mike BOS
Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
13 September, 2011 17:51
I thought it was heading that way, on the up.

Not so long ago this site hardly had any posts over a weekend yet last weekend there were a lot of people posting.

bob andrews
old boy! (IP Logged)
13 September, 2011 18:03
Due to our excellent moderator the site is full of friendly banter and devoid of gratuitous profanities.

Grizzzly
Grizzzly (IP Logged)
13 September, 2011 19:55
Bl*@#dy creep !smiling bouncing smiley

Grizzzly

MESSAGES->author
Grockle (IP Logged)
14 September, 2011 03:21
That situation only occurs when I'm not posting OB :-) Maybe that is the solution. Keep your hands away from the keyboard Bird!!

(Sm72)

Bobstan
Bobstan (IP Logged)
14 September, 2011 07:01
Is this your new Username? Keyboard Bird?

geordie moonraker
geordie moonraker (IP Logged)
14 September, 2011 07:49
Notwithstanding the odd spat this is a civilised site. I lurk on a rugby site where the exchange of views is less than gentlemanly, which is why I lurk. Keep it up chaps (and chapessess)

MESSAGES->author
Grockle (IP Logged)
24 September, 2011 15:59
Well it is very difficult to actually believe but after only 2 months since I repoerted that Grockles had passed 400,000 hits in a calendar month for the first time ever I'm back on to announce that we have hit half a million hits in a calendar month for September! Presently, with 6 days of the month to go we have 506,060 hits and are averaging about 20,000 a day pretty regularly. I don't think I'll be announcing 600,000 but if the trend continues that could be nearere than I ever thought.

If I take March's figure of 260 thousand then we have doubled the monthly readership of this site in 6 months and have been over 350,000 per month since the end of April...

Onward and upward.

Present total for a calendar year is;

4,096,000 give or take.

Over 4 million for the first time as well..... hush my mouth!

(Sm72)

bob andrews
old boy! (IP Logged)
24 September, 2011 18:16
Living up to my description donated by GRIZZLY

"B$%&!£Y CREEP"

it is due to the excellent leadership provided on this site.

IMO!!! ALLEGEDLY!!!! I'm told the cheque is in the post -

ALLEGEDLY AGAIN!!!!

MESSAGES->author
Grockle (IP Logged)
25 September, 2011 09:32
You'd have trouble cashing it OB if my experiences with the Omani banking sector are anything to go by!!

I would have said it was probably more bnecause of my lack of presence as it has happened during a time when I've been travelling or distracted by other things.

Nowt to do with me mate - as my students have now learned to say!!

(Sm72)

Mike BOS
Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
25 September, 2011 10:00
You crafty B you have got your students to log on.

Joking apart have you shown them how you run the web site if you have what do they think of it?

They say cricket is being played in more countries now Grockles.com has spread even wider

Sloop John B
Sloop John B (IP Logged)
25 September, 2011 13:09
Superb Grockle - keep up the excellent work! (again).

Do we know where the majority of hits come from? Just wondering if the Indian sub-continent is tuning in big-time?!

bob andrews
old boy! (IP Logged)
25 September, 2011 18:06
I think some GROCKLE.COM sun hats at around a tenner with profits to our 2012 sponsoree fund would be appropriate.

MESSAGES->author
Grockle (IP Logged)
26 September, 2011 11:01
While I'm here I might have a look at the mechandising deals. There is no money in internet advertising I'm afraid boys and girls or we'd be able to pay for any player we wanted.

(Sm72)

Mike BOS
Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
29 September, 2011 20:46
I see we have a new site on this network "England Cricket" [www.cricketnetwork.co.uk]
Give them a few post to help them get going.

MESSAGES->author
Grockle (IP Logged)
01 October, 2011 08:35
So, the end of September and the figures for this last month blow any other records into dust.

A total of 656,059 pages were viewed on the site in the last 30 days by 7204 unique users (now some of those might be more than one computer used by a single individual).

The last time we passed 7,000 unique addresses was May 2008 so that is promising because it means more people are accessing the material - or you've all become 2 and 3 computer owning log ons!!

We have passed 4 million views in one calendar year for the first time this month and are moving towards 4.5 million if October is anything like September.

What this massive increase is down to I couldn't tell you. Maybe it's the fact that the site is now available on Smartphones using

m.sportnetwork.co .uk

Maybe it's the Twitter or the Facebook presence though the numbers ideintifying with that are not huge.

Maybe it's the sides' success - though that is nothing new and the numbers weren't this big last year.

But the good thing seems to be that once someone finds us they tend to stay around the place and that is down to the quality of what you people put on this site.

So thanks one and all and here's to a solid winter of stuff to keep people reading.

Onwards and Upwards.

(Sm72)

MESSAGES->author
Scrumper (IP Logged)
23 October, 2011 21:40
I wonder what's up with this site at the moment?

It's so slow it's almost unusable, my Browser is using CPU at 100% here, I guess it's one (or more) of the adverts.

Mike BOS
Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
23 October, 2011 21:57
They have been on about it on the Middlesex site, one of their Mods have e/mail Sportnetwork they are blaming the ads.

SheptonPaul
SheptonPaul (IP Logged)
24 October, 2011 06:40
Mine's fine...

MESSAGES->author
Grockle (IP Logged)
24 October, 2011 10:46
Is anyone else getting an automatic reset to the message list screen if they leave the forum page to its own devices?

(Sm72)

Bagpuss
Bagpuss (IP Logged)
24 October, 2011 10:51
Mine is frustratingly slow - have spent the last few days cursing and thinking its down to my mobile broadband so in a way a relief to know its probably the site.

Mike BOS
Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
24 October, 2011 11:08
To answer your Question Grockle I haven't notice that happening.

SheptonPaul
SheptonPaul (IP Logged)
24 October, 2011 14:59
Neither have I...

samaithai2
samaithai2 (IP Logged)
24 October, 2011 19:20
working ok is south east asia

Bobstan
Bobstan (IP Logged)
24 October, 2011 19:34
The recession not reached there yet, Sam?

Current Page: 1 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net