cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Time to the start of CC1 2018

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Current Page: 25 of 26

Re: What is going on?
Grockle (IP Logged)
22 July, 2017 15:03
Kirsty doesn't go with you guys. She waves from the ship as it steams away.

(Sm72)

Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
22 July, 2017 15:39
... then she remembers she's failed to give me a device on which to play my eight disks and so pops back...

LoL

Sixty-nine Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Farmer White (IP Logged)
22 July, 2017 16:52
If you go this week LoL you will be sharing the Island with John McEnroe. Yes I am being serious. And no Kirsty won't let you take my birdbath as a second luxury. Your birdfolk will have to fend for themselves. Enjoy! You and our John. (Sm48) (Sm60)

N.B. His luxury is a guitar on which he plays heavy metal and punk rock. Badly apparently.

Did no-one ever tell you to be careful what you wish for?

22 July, 2017 20:40
While I enjoyed listening to McEnroe, I certainly shan't be taking any of his records.

LoL

Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 15:29
I am still alive, just.

I have had no internet for the last six day's, my router decided to drop dead after ten years. (I long life for a router).

Sky sent me a new one, it arrived today (they call it a hub) for free. (yippee)

who said good things don't come out of bad! While I was on the phone to sky she said they could do my sky packages cheaper, she transferred me to another department and I ended up getting my monthly bill down by twenty pounds on a 18 month contract.

30 November, 2017 15:35
Always good to hear good news from you, Mike. I trust the onset of winter is not bothering you too much. It snowed here in South London for a few minutes. I told it to stop and it did.

LoL

geordie moonraker (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 10:05
I told it to stop in Newcastle and it got heavier.

Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 09:06
Bobstan, are you trying to send me a PM?

Twice I have had an email saying I have a PM, after clicking on the message heading there is no message just a blank box.

I will tell you what, I will send you a PM and if you get it you can reply to it.

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 09:21
You can read your PM's by going via Indian cricket Fever site.

MTWD and Grockles just show a blank box (both sent and received)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/12/2017 09:24 by chunkyinargyll.

Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 09:27
Thanks chunkyinargyll, this is one reason you need to keep post on here.

Edit - That worked chunky, thanks. I suggest others do the same.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/12/2017 09:42 by Mike TA1.

Grockle (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 09:41
Anyone reported it?

(Sm72)

24 December, 2017 10:30
Yes.

To Dave Picken four days ago.

Looking in to it.

At least Indian Cricket Fever gives a work around solution. Everyone is already automatically logged in to all sportnetwork cricket sites.

Bobstan (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 13:40
Thanks, Mike and chunky. An odd situation. Hopefully it will be sorted this year rather than next.

Grockle (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 14:29
It is usually the work around option but as long as Dave is on the case.

(Sm72)

Angell Face (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 10:04
I thought it was me. Pleased to know that I'm not as dim as I feared.

01 January, 2018 11:33
I have had two pms from one of the people I like best on this site, but when I go to the pm window the messages are listed but no text appears. I can, however, access them by clicking on the link quoted in the email that alerts me to the presence of these messages. But, then when I want to reply, I am told I have to register with an Indian site, which I am not prepared to do, as I can see no reason why I should have to do so. Is this to be a permanent problem?

LoL

01 January, 2018 13:33
Loyal- I would send you a PM, but that would be fairly pointless.

Go to Indian cricket Fever site (either by googling it to find link- OR- the bit near the top of the page were it just says 'Somerset' click on that, and you get drop down menu of other sportnetwork cricket sites. Click on 'Indian cricket' (because the line isn't long enough to include 'fever'

It looks like their mod has chosen to put in a 'need to register' comment on the site, BUT YOU SHOULD BE AUTOMATICALLY LOGGED IN. The obvious way to tell is if you have new by every thread (indicating you haven't read them) I think you have just been put off by a message that appears for everyone. Once on site click 'messages' in normal way.

If you want to remind them abuse@sportnetwork.net is the email to tell John Stern and Dave Picken it isn't working. If EVERYONE did that, rather than sitting back, they might fix it.

I can't be bothered to be a busy body and email them again, plus I can get PM's anyway, using the method described above.

Grockle (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 19:07
I'll see what's happening on the editors forum. I got 2 from Farmer about a new story publishing glitch. Just assumed it was part of the glitch. Then remembered.

(Sm72)

03 January, 2018 13:33
PM's now working again.

03 January, 2018 15:32
Chunky: Many thanks for the good news and, more importantly, the trouble you took to show me how I might deal with the earlier problem. I was away from my computer for quite a while and so did not get round to following your instructions, but it was very good of you to be so helpful.

LoL

Current Page: 25 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net