cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Time to the New Year

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Current Page: 19 of 24

Re: 2017 OTHER COUNTY NEWS
AGod (IP Logged)
19 September, 2017 13:40
As for us, we may find ourselves in that situation as soon as next season if we don't turn this shambolic first innings in this match around.

Second division teams are mainly just feeders for the first division clubs, I'm afraid.

Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 21:50
Graham Onions: Durham bowler to leave at end of 2017 season [www.bbc.co.uk]

Will the last man please close the door.

It never rains!

Grockle (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 03:12
Well in this case Durham aren't prepared to keep him by the look of it.

(Sm72)

nelliec (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 08:48
Keaton Jennings to leave Durham at the end of the season.A perfect replacement for Tres me thinks!,

nelliec (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 08:53
Although he wants to play 1st division cricket.All the more reason to beat Middlesex

AGod (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 08:58
He'll go to the Oval, almost inevitably (Borthwick will go back to Durham as homesick, I have heard).

That's unless he, too, fears homesickness, in which case he'll probably take the offer that Notts will make (I doubt Yorkshire will make an offer). Yeah, I know Nottingham is nowhere near CLS, but it would be the best he could do, really, if no offer from Yorks.

nelliec (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 09:07
Gone to Lancs as I speak.4 year deal

AGod (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 09:14
All just goes to show - again - though how vital beating Middx truly is. Every chance that we would lose valuable players to CC1 predators if we go down. Players with ambitions to play at a higher level do not want to operate in the wasteland of Div Two, where neither runs nor wickets are considered serious currency.

If we lose key bowlers, our utterly inept batting group will be to blame. If only we operated some sort of performance related pay scheme in which we could deduct money from the pay-packets of the batsmen and could re-allocate said salary to our bowlers as an incentive to stay for at least one season of CC2 stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/09/2017 09:15 by AGod.

Shepton Paul 2 (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 09:22
I don't think CC2 is Durham's only problem - they don't have any money to offer the players. I think it unlikely we would lose anyone if we had a year in Div Two - longer term may be an issue, but probably not straight away.

AGod (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 09:40
Certainly they have two problems, yes.

Bagpuss (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 14:11
Azharullah leaving Northamptonshire at the end of the season. Tbh I think he'd be a better signing than Onions

AGod (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 15:07
He's a super white ball bowler.

Awful fielder mind - Tufnell standard.

Bagpuss (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 16:20
Kyle Jarvis is leaving Lancashire to return to Zimbabwe and international cricket.

AGod (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 16:26
Sizeable blow for them - good bowler.

Roger ivanhoe (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 18:19
I am beginning to lose faith in the predictions on here.

Nailsea_Fizz (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 18:41
You mean wild guesses surely

AGod (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 08:10
One of the stories doing the rounds in the wake of the disgraceful performance and result with which Yorkshire ended their season, is that Alex Lees has allegedly had a huge falling out with Andrew Gale (their HC).

So, IF the story has any legs then, unless Gale gets fired (and he must be a strong candidate to be axed) then one wonders whether Lees might become available.

With an average, thus far, of 36 in a young career I'm sure he would have takers on the market, were that to happen. And for a team in clear need of top three reinforcement, then I think that we would have to be interested.

Tom Seymour (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 09:17
Congratulations AGod. Alex Lees is by my reckoning the 249th. name you have suggested this season as a possible future signing for Somerset.

One more for No. 250, when you will be due a standing ovation.

(Sm125)

A glass half - empty or a glass half - full?
Regardless, both glasses need filling up.

AGod (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 09:28
Jolly good. I'm sure another name will come to mind presently.

Grockle (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 13:40
Wouldn't we need most of them if we sacked everyone you want to get rid of Tom?

(Sm72)

Current Page: 19 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net