cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Time to the New Year

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Current Page: 41 of 86

Re: 2017 SOMERSET RELATED NEWS
AGod (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 12:34
Perish the thought.

Would be foolish in the extreme to sign a Captain who would be unavailable on multiple occasions.

Why would we want to do it? To increase our smugness quotient in the dressing room?

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 13:02
Cricketharris.

You can have him.

His priorities are-

IPL
England
Caribbean bash (or whatever its called)
County cricket (if he can't get out of it by needing a rest after doing one of the above three)

cricketharris (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 13:07
I was joking because of his duck today!

Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 08:05
Funny how these rumours end up to be true.

See Maynard thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2017 08:38 by Mike TA1.

Monkey Butler (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 09:40
Sorry if this was clear already, but Roelof tweeted this;

'Big thanks to all that supported us during the @SomersetCCC season!A memorable one and looking forward to silverware next year!#FTDT'

So looks like he's on the books. I was worried at one point that we may lose Johann, Max and Roelof (who would be the first 3 names on my one day team sheet) but it looks like we have all three! Although Roelof can also be an asset in the 4 day stuff.

Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 10:02
A lot of interest in the first winters members lunch tomorrow.

It is fully booked with 72 having shown an interest by notifying Brian Lee that they are attending.

The ground staff have been busy trying to solve the area in front of the Somerset Pavilion that caused a problem with it being too damp to play on once or twice this season.

They have removed a big patch of turf. (not the net area) it looks like they are reseeding it.

Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 09:21
Apart from the members package there isn't a lot going on a this moment in time at the club.

The only visual work going on at the ground is the groundsmen working on the outfield in two places, (they may have just finished) some of that wet area that gave trouble in several of the matches in front of the Somerset Pavilion has had the turf removed and reseeded, an area over the other side where the storage water tanks were buried for the drainage system, I understand the ground had settled and needed levelling off to improve the level of the outfield.

No sign of the scoreboard on N/E side being put in a different place and made bigger, there is time for that to be done.

Roger ivanhoe (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 11:33
Are the c/A scoreboard changes taking place this winter? Mike TA1.

Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 11:43
I thought so Roger, I even thought they said after the International match, although there was no rush for it to happen before the end of the season.

I am wondering if they are having a rethink regarding what type/style of stand is going there now we have a new CEO!

Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 11:48
Added to the above, for me the scoreboard was hard to read for my old eyes at times, the font would be larger and easier to read on a bigger scoreboard.

Bobstan (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 11:51
Yes, I've heard a few Gimblett Hill folk complain about that, Mike.

Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 12:06
Please write bigger, Bobstan. I can't read your latest posting.

LoL

Sixty-nine Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Roger ivanhoe (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 13:30
Scoreboard upgrade was on Guy Lavender's list for this winter, but got the impression from what Lee Cooper said that there would be no structural changes until 2019.

Might need to use the Lens Mike!.

Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 13:44
Lee did say that Roger.

And I did use the lens a lot in the summer rather than turning around to the other scoreboard.

What I did hear a few weeks ago when I asked about the scoreboard, I was told they were having a meeting in two weeks, that two weeks are now gone.

Watch this/that space I suppose.

Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 16:11
One thing we do know for sure is that we are getting that bigger scoreboard we were told we would get.

Today the scoreboard was removed from the CA pavilion side of the ground, so we should be getting that bigger scoreboard before next season.

RadstockRob (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 18:53
Today's members lunch ,with Jason Kerr, was again shown live on Facebook.

It's on the club Facebook page to be viewed.

Grockle (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 04:54
Did he have interesting things to say?

(Sm72)

Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 22:40
Charles Colville was in the Stragglers today talking to Marcus and Jamie Overton.

Tom Seymour (IP Logged)
17 November, 2017 10:30
Club on course for a profit of some £400,000 for this year. Figure to be officially announced in about a week.

More good housekeeping.

A glass half - empty or a glass half - full?
Regardless, both glasses need filling up.

Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 13:19
I went to the recent Taunton area AGM, for no other reason than to show my interest.

Lee Cooper once again outlined why there is an increase in membership for some members, some members obviously still didn't understand why there is an increase.

One very upset gentleman tried to give an alternative way of filling the empty seats for T20 without existing members having to pay the increase (I think that was what he was trying to do), those around me couldn't understand what he was getting at!

Lee replied politely to him outlining the financial side of running the club, the gentleman then said that Somerset Cricket Club was not a business, from the reaction from the rest of the room nobody seem to agree with him. He finished off by saying so much for loyalty.

Lee Cooper often gives us information at the AGM's that is not for the public because it has not been officially announced yet, such as the dates and teams and where we will be playing the first and last match of the season.

Current Page: 41 of 86

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net