cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Time to the New Year

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Current Page: 20 of 25

Re: Adam Hose joining Warwickshire
AGod (IP Logged)
03 August, 2017 16:11
The point of my post, Railboy, was to suggest that the group seems extremely unpredictable and so it is anyone's guess as to whether our guys will manage to qualify from the group (especially as one may be able to do by winning only one game than one loses). Corey Anderson going home seems unlikely to assist matters, however.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2017 16:12 by AGod.

AGod (IP Logged)
03 August, 2017 16:16
Perhaps what I should have said, rather that one can qualify with only one more win than defeat, was that - this year - in our group, it is far from unlikely that a side could go through with a .500 record.

Nailsea_Fizz (IP Logged)
03 August, 2017 19:24
Good that clears that up then. I might wait until the group games are over and see where we finish.

Grizzzly (IP Logged)
06 August, 2017 17:03
How come AH isn't playing for Warwicks in their Championship match ?

I thought he was just not allowed to play against us, as part of the loan arrangement ?

Grizzzly

Grockle (IP Logged)
06 August, 2017 17:23
He's not allowed to play in any game that might affect us I thnk. Not sure how that works but it's a bit more restrictive than just us.

(Sm72)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2017 17:23 by Grockle.

Grizzzly (IP Logged)
06 August, 2017 17:31
Hmmm, a bit of a puzzle, as one would pretty much every game (until we are safe, or relegated) would impact our chances one way or another.

So, AH's chances in the four day format may be few indeed for the rest of the season. You make your bed I guess....

Grizzzly

AGod (IP Logged)
06 August, 2017 17:32
WSM posted to say that he's not allowed to play until relegation issues have been decided.

That's far more sensible than the arrangement that I feared that we would have agreed to - simply that he could not play vs Somerset.

The precise arrangement was never spelled out in print (that I saw) but Hose's non selection would appear to support the interpretation that WSM made.

Re: 2017 SCCC PLAYERS OLD AND NEW
Grizzzly (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 15:04
Some pleasant reading for fans of 'Herbie' Dredge & IDB here:

[www.theguardian.com]

Grizzzly

Grockle (IP Logged)
25 August, 2017 18:51
Remember this guy? Making a come back it seems

Cullen

(Sm72)

Grizzzly (IP Logged)
25 August, 2017 21:00
So Adam Hose gets to T20 Final's day.

Unfortunately not with Somerset....

Grizzzly

Shepton Paul 2 (IP Logged)
25 August, 2017 21:45
...and he did a lot to ensure Birmingham got there.

Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
25 August, 2017 22:16
Yep, Adam Hose gave the momentum Warwickshire needed.

Adam Hose came into bat when Warwickshire were 29 for 1 after 2.3 overs, when he was out after 7.3 overs the score was 84 for 3. (he scored 36 off 15 balls)

AGod (IP Logged)
26 August, 2017 04:34
Some of the reason for Dan Cullen's failure can probably be found in the seemingly whiny way in which he explains it away - 'Nathan Lyon has done well but then he's been treated well - brought on to bowl at the tail, taken off if getting tap etc.'

What sort of mentality is that for a bowler? Put me on against weak batsmen and hide me if good players get after me? Awful.

Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
26 August, 2017 14:02
Great article about some of the lesser widely knowns from Grizzzly showing the love and nostalgia in county cricket. Interesting to learn IDB made his test debut at the same time as Cook and Panesar, how fortunes differ

Wickham (IP Logged)
08 September, 2017 15:17
Brief interview with Fred Rumsey regarding the establishment of the PCA:
FER

Clarence Parker (IP Logged)
08 September, 2017 16:06
Fred was the quickest bowler for years that Somerset had, but even I was surprised to learn that he was timed as bowling at 93 mph, although I suspect that technology in the 1960's did not match that which is available today.

He was not only a very fine bowler, but also a very amiable man. Certainly one of my Somerset 'greats'.

Wickham (IP Logged)
08 September, 2017 16:45
in 1966, he dived full length to catch Conrad Hunte (who had made a double-century) at slip off the bowling of Colin Atkinson. I swear that the earth shook as he hit the ground.

Clarence Parker (IP Logged)
08 September, 2017 17:17
Conrad played twice against Somerset for the West Indians, so by the process of elimination the game in which he scored a double hundred against us in 1966, must have been the game in which he hooked the first ball of the game for six into the St. James Street churchyard.

I recall being amazed by the audacity of it, and by referring to the scorecard the opening bowler who received such treatment was none other than our much loved Fred Rumsey.

Tumbles (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 16:00
Myburgh signs a new white ball deal for next year. Lee Cooper certainly seems to be getting priorities right..

AGod (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 13:38
A spectacular effort from Richard Levi - 115 off about 105 balls in a low-scoring top of the table match in CC2. I didn't really think he had that in him in the red ball stuff, to be honest.

Rory Kleinveldt has eleven wickets in the match, with seven Notts wickets still potentially to fall.

Current Page: 20 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net