cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Somerset will or won't be Champions of the CC1 in

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Current Page: 21 of 30

That Bloke With The Dog
Re: Overton over there
18 November, 2017 10:38
Oh. Sorry about the broadband speed problem. We had fibre installed as far a Bishops Hull village, a mile down the lane, a while back, so I can get 4 or 5 mbps here now. But I definitely recall watching the 2013 Ashes on the Sky Sports app in bed off the old pre-fibre broadband, and that worked OK.

Sorry if this comes over as patronizing, but are you aware that if your Home Broadband is also with EE, you're eligible for a free 5GB monthly boost to your mobile data allowance? They certainly don't give you this boost automatically, but do so immediately if you ask for it.

[ee.co.uk]

Somerset LaLaLa
Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 16:41
Craig didn't seem to be bowling on his normal line and length, not sure what were the tactics but it didn't seem to work. Unless someone wanted Ball to be in the test side...

Bagpuss
Bagpuss (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 20:43
Cheers tbwtd, think I might try upgrading my phone to windows10 and giving it a go to see if it works. Don't have home broadband, just a mobile broadband device which I can carry around with me to link other devices to. But I can top up my data allowance if the signal is good enough and the app works. Will need to be careful I don't fall asleep!

AGod
AGod (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 13:15
My understanding is that it's highlights only that are available on the BT sports app that comes free with EE (for three months). I got this deal last month before I had even clocked that this series was going to be on BT Sport, so will be thrilled if my understanding is wrong.

MESSAGES->author
JuliaW (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 18:07
I am with EE and signed up for the free 3 month deal last week.

From the EE site
The BT Sport offer gives you three monthsโ€™ free BT Sport, on your EE pay monthly phone or connected tablet.

The BT Sport app is only available to watch on smartphones and connected tablets that contain an EE SIM using the latest iOS, Android and Windows operating systems.

The BT Sport app features all the content from BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2, BT Sport 3 and ESPN on BT Sport.

It's a real bonus for those of us who only wanted access for three months for the Ashes with no hassle even if it's just on a phone.

Grizzzly
Grizzzly (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 20:08
I'll be subscribing to the Asian TV Network channel for two months. Cost $25 p.m. = approx GBP 15 p.m..

Not too bad I guess, and the adverts for Indian breakfast cereal & washing powder are pretty funny !

Grizzzly

hantssabre
hantssabre (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 08:41
Craig's latest Times article today

[www.thetimes.co.uk]

Mike BOS
Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 08:11
So no Craig.

England team: Alastair Cook, Mark Stoneman, James Vince, Joe Root (capt), Dawid Malan, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Stuart Broad, Jake Ball, James Anderson.

Somerset LaLaLa
Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 09:07
That's 7 match winners in the side when it could have been 8. The Adelaide game goes longer into the morning so better, from this part of the world, to follow his debut there. Don't blow it boys

Shepton Paul 2
Shepton Paul 2 (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 09:21
Shame about Overs, but he'll get in eventually.

I'd have gone for Ballance (or even Foakes) ahead of Vince, on the basis that we'll be happy to draw this Test, and I'd see GB bat longer than JV; similarly, I'd have had Craig ahead of either Ball or Broad. Anyhow, I don't think England are as bad as some say, and reckon we can do well.

Loyal of Lhasa
Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 10:55
... and I don't think Australia are as good as they usually think they are.

LoL

Seventy Seasons a Somerset Supporter

MESSAGES->author
Scrumper (IP Logged)
23 November, 2017 00:10
2-1. I'm sure a Vince double century will swing this.

Grizzzly
Grizzzly (IP Logged)
23 November, 2017 00:39
Looks like a packed ground & a cracking atmosphere.

Good news is I can get to watch it as it happens, live on Asian TV !

Bad news it's the feed from Aus. so I get all the hideous Aussie commentary. Worse still, Test Match Special on Radio 5 is blocked due to 'broadcasting rights'. Hmmmm.....

Here's hoping for a decent recovery from a dodgy start.

Grizzzly

Bagpuss
Bagpuss (IP Logged)
23 November, 2017 03:26
Decent enough Grizz, I'd have taken 59-1 at lunch when Cook was out, even when we chose to bat first.

And now rain. We need an app which you can set when it rains so you can sleep, and TMS automatically triggers an alarm 10 minutes before resumption of play

Shepton Paul 2
23 November, 2017 09:16
196-4 at close. Bit slow, maybe one wicket more than we'd have liked - but would've taken that at the start. And I told you Vince was no good...๐Ÿ˜‰

Bobstan
Bobstan (IP Logged)
23 November, 2017 10:56
Shepton Paul the original would never have made that mistake.

Seriously, good for Vince. That Bedfordshire farmer didn't last very long, though.

Shepton Paul 2
23 November, 2017 11:41
Bobs... ๐Ÿ˜Š

Grizzzly
Grizzzly (IP Logged)
23 November, 2017 16:11
Can't help feeling that Jack would do well on that wicket.

Grizzzly

MESSAGES->author
Grockle (IP Logged)
23 November, 2017 17:47
Well if Lyons is the most dangerous bowler on show one would believe so. Damn they didn't pick him because he only gets wickets on pitches like Taunton - which it seems this is.

(Sm72)

MESSAGES->author
Scrumper (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 00:38
This pitch is disgrace, get the inspectors in.

MESSAGES->author
Grockle (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 02:59
I think somebody from Middlesex has already called them Scrumper along with Angus who might pop over to see if it's the worst he has seen in his international career.

They might wait until the Ashes are seemingly lost before complaining though. (TiC)

(Sm150)

(Sm72)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 24/11/2017 09:41 by Grockle.

Loyal of Lhasa
24 November, 2017 12:44
As far as I know this English side consists only of English-born players. When did that last happen?

LoL

Loyal of Lhasa
25 November, 2017 15:50
I can't believe that Cove would have been less effective than Woakes or Ball - or Leach than Ali.

LoL

Bagpuss
Bagpuss (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 16:02
LoL - I was going to try to find your old post when they mentioned this during the night on TMS. They told us the answer before I did - Galle in Sri Lanka 2003. This match only the 4 th occasion since 1989.

Australia fielding at least two non-native born players in Handscomb and Kawaja.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/11/2017 16:04 by Bagpuss.

Wickham
Wickham (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 04:30
Although Cove has not scored runs so far on this tour, I would fancy his chances to stick around with Bairstow - and to score some runs of his own. As things stand (with Woakes just having been dismissed)the end of the innings could come very soon.

Grizzzly
Grizzzly (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 04:47
Pretty putrid performance from our lower end batsmen.

Agree with Wickham's assessment re Cove. Can't help thinking also that Jack would have contributed more with both bat & ball than Messrs Woakes & Ball.

Herculean effort now needed for England to have any chance of winning this.

Grizzzly

Ajay
Ajay (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 10:15
Note to MJ Leach.
Please make your way to Adelaide

Loyal of Lhasa
26 November, 2017 10:19
... and don't forget your kit.

LoL

KentWyvern
KentWyvern (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 13:45
LoL, apparently the answer is 2003.

wsm fan
wsm fan (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 17:03
From a Craig point of view he has been done no harm from this test.
Ball done very little with the Ball and looked petrified with the bat.
Wood, Stokes & Curran arent near ready for Adelaide but possibly may be by Perth so next 5 days is his chance......

Current Page: 21 of 30

This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net