cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Time to the New Year

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Re: 2017 WOMEN'S CRICKET
Bobstan (IP Logged)
20 August, 2017 16:25
Quite remarkable. (The John Motson voice is optional.)

Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
20 August, 2017 16:52
Winning by ten wickets with three overs to spare sound almost Somersetesque.

LoL

Sixty-nine Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Bagpuss (IP Logged)
20 August, 2017 17:47
As does being bowled out for 70 in their first match of the season LoL

20 August, 2017 19:12
Can't deny it, Bagpuss. Mercurial is the middle name of both teams.

LoL

Wickham (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 11:34
Excellent interview of the admirable Sarah Taylor Sarah Taylor interview

Bagpuss (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 07:15
Western Storm play Surrey Stars in the first match of the KSL finals day tomorrow. The winner plays Southern Vipers in the final.

Meanwhile congratulations to Somerset's women's team on gaining promotion to Division 1.

Roger ivanhoe (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 19:50
Well done to Western Storm in their 7 wicket win tonight in the Super League final.

Great innings of 72 by Rachel Priest.

Grockle (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 04:59
Excellent news from the Storm overnight well done to everyone involved in a hard fought but satisfying campaign

(Sm72)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2017 05:00 by Grockle.

Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 17:34
After losing their first two matches it was good to see England winning the third 50 over match.

Australia now lead by 4 points to 2, the test match win will be important because it carries more points for a win.

29 October, 2017 19:20
It's a real pity England didn't bat first on winning the toss in the previous match. I can reliably say that England would have won that match had they done so - and nobody can prove me wrong.

LoL

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 30/10/2017 15:03 by Loyal of Lhasa.

Shepton Paul 2 (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 11:22
I agree LoL - I think England look the better overall side, just underprepared in the first match after warm-ups were rained off, then bad toss decision in the second.

nelliec (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 12:21
Four women's T20 games over 2 days at Taunton next summer (20th and 23rd June),three including England. Intestingly free to club and both club and T20 members,but T20 only members will have to pay.

cricketharris (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 13:45
Free with Club membership, not for T20 member#hip.

nelliec (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 13:52
You would have thought this would have provided a bit more incentive to people considering buying a T20 membership

21 November, 2017 13:36
That was a thoroughly brilliant win by the England Women today and they end the drawn series on a high, having lost only one of the last five matches in the series. In my view they could well have won the Test Match, had there been a fifth day.

LoL

21 November, 2017 14:05
Agree LoL, tho I think the game that got away was the first ODI when they could still easily have won it despite going in under-prepared after their warm-up games were rain-ruined. Anyway, virtually nothing between the two teams.

Grockle (IP Logged)
21 November, 2017 15:12
The Aussie Channel 9 team are getting huge stick after stating there are no women commentators in the Ashes series because they only use people who have been in the competition they are commentating on

Seems Mark Nicholas got a bye from that rule and it didn"t seem to stop Ian Healey commentating in the Women's version. Typical Aussie media is the comment. They may have misinterpreted the backlash from those who now follow Women's cricket at the top level.

(Sm72)

21 November, 2017 15:37
I have been immensely impressed by the quality of commentary and entertainment provided by the handful of female commentators we are now privileged to listen to. Ebony R-B is a joy, Alison Mitchell thoroughly professional, Isa Guha insightful and amusing, as are the various Australians we have heard recently. Isa Sthalekar is paAnrticularly pleasing on the ear and Mel Jones is another serious professional. Charlotte Edwards always has a light and friendly touch, though the art of summarising appears not to come easily to her. However, she improves from match to match (reminding me of how Lineker matured into a seriously good broadcaster after a rather tentative start).

And there is not a curmudgeon among them (it takes one to know one, according to Bobstan).

LoL

21 November, 2017 18:05
My favourite sports broadcasters (commentators, summarisers, whatever) have long been John Arlott, Peter Alliss and Eleanor Oldroyd. Aside from her being an Arsenal supporter, Ms Oldroyd knows a heck of a lot more about our game than the majority of male commentators (many of whom have played a lot of Tests, though you'd never know it).

Bagpuss (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 20:10
Anya Shrubsole is one of the 12 nominees for BBC Sports Personality of the Year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/11/2017 20:30 by Bagpuss.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net