cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Time until I see some live home cricket. Bring on 2017!!!

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

2017 CLUB CRICKET
Grockle (IP Logged)
24 January, 2017 05:06
Another season and more interesting articles I hope.

(Sm72)

Re: 2017 CLUB CRICKET
Clarence Parker (IP Logged)
29 June, 2017 10:53
For the past few seasons I have really enjoyed and appreciated the match reports submitted on here by Stockwood Keith.

Even if he feels unable to write any further accounts this year, I hope that you are keeping well Keith.

It is always interesting to know what takes place at grass roots level, and to keep a watchful eye on some who may progress to a higher level within the game.

Grockle (IP Logged)
29 June, 2017 14:12
Thanks for pointing that out Clarence.

Yes we have missed the weekend summaries of Stockwood this first half of the summer and I'm sure everyone hopes it is not for any other reason than the time hasn't been available because of other things.

Keith's contributions have been greatly valued by many who keep abreast of what is happening in the leagues and villages - part of Somerset's cricket culture that many are unaware of.

They were however totally voluntary and provided off Keith's back and not because he was requested to do so. So if that has now become something that can no longer be provided then on the behalf of the posting and reading members of the site I would like to thank Keith and others for their posts in this area over a number of years and send our heartfelt best wishes for continued enjoyment in watching the comings and goings on the many little grounds around the county and beyond.

(Sm72)

Scrumper (IP Logged)
01 July, 2017 20:46
Lots of Somerset names in action today WSM v North Petherton scorecard.

Ton for Davies jnr and 5 wickets for Trego. This is the 3rd tier of league cricket though.

Bobstan (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 07:30
I like the idea of Charl batting at number 10.

AG on apple (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 12:22
Yes, Scrumper, one wonders how somebody like Trego can possibly motivate himself for something that is, effectively, four levels below CC1 (and even then only if one regards the top league as being only one rung below CC2)

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 13:48
I'm not sure why he is allowed to do it.

Middlesex insist all players are affiliated to an ECB Div 1 club side. If a player was developed by a club- fine, they can keep him, provided they are in Division one. Otherwise Gus Fraser allocates two players per club (including first teamers, who are unlikely to ever play, but are expected to show their faces two or three times a year at club events as 'goodwill'.) The players representing the two teams that are relegated then become part of the promoted teams. I don't think any team has ever objected (why would you object to being given a pro standard player?)

Grockle (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 15:33
Maybe he likes playing cricket for his home town? Just a suggestion.

(Sm72)

Nailsea_Fizz (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 16:10
or he just like playing cricket full stop.

Grockle (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 16:15
Could be. Seems to have enjoyed it anyway.

(Sm72)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net