cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Time to the New Year

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Re: 2017 NEWS SNIPPETS
Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 11:15
Maybe I am desperately out of touch, but I played and watched cricket throughout my childhood but did not live in a house with a television until I was thirty-three. I might even venture that not having cricket to watch indoors, I was all the more interested in it out of doors.

LoL

Sixty-nine Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Grockle (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 11:20
You are desperately out of touch I'm afraid. Even with the youth of Oman nothing exists unless it is on TV because unless it is on TV it is not on social media and therefore they never hear of it.

They don't know what 'outside' is because when they are 'outside' they are only looking at the screen of their Smartphone most of the time anyway.

(Sm72)

30 June, 2017 11:46
Good to have it confirmed that I am desperately out of touch, thus confirming my full membership of old fogeydom. Twas ever thus...

LoL

Grockle (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 12:42
Thus twas ever indubitably sir.

(Sm72)

Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
29 August, 2017 09:39
Pembroke County cricket clubs Carew and Cresselly have fallen out over an early declaration that decided the Division One title. [www.bbc.co.uk]

Now that does sound familiar. The declaration I mean.

Shepton Paul 2 (IP Logged)
29 August, 2017 09:49
I saw that - would've posted it, but wasn't sure how, and I knew somebody would. I guess they'll be kicked out of the competition, precedent and all that...though I doubt they went to the trouble of calling the authorities first and checking it would be ok...

#stillbitter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/08/2017 09:50 by Shepton Paul 2.

30 August, 2017 10:22
Some will be pleased to note that Australia lost to Bangladesh earlier today. Others will assume that this will make them so angry that England will face a hammering in the next few months.

LoL

AGod (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 10:40
Still others may assume that the most likely eventuality is that it will have no material effect whatsoever on the Ashes series. Australia are accustomed to losing in Asia so I don't imagine that they will have been particularly surprised or enfuriated. They usually play spin well in their own backyard, though, and so I don't think that Mo should be especially encouraged. Mason Crane certainly shouldn't be.

Clarence Parker (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 13:06
BUY YOUR OWN COUNTY CRICKET GROUND WITH FIRST-CLASS FACILITIES!

Any offers?

[www.thecricketer.com]

AGod (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 13:20
It looks very nice, though I like the ground at Ventnor better.

Bagpuss (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 21:45
If we all put £1 in the pot for every post we make on here we'll have enough to fund the Grockles County Cricket Ground by the end of the season

Roger ivanhoe (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 22:04
Bagpuss, but would that not give AGod have a majority shareholding of around 75%.

wsm fan (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 22:04
I hope AGod is a very wealthy man if that policy comes in.....

Scrumper (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 23:19
Could be a giant stadium if we get relegated.

Bagpuss (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 04:53
Ireland's ODI v the West Indies abandoned without a ball being bowled despite bright sunshine from well before the start of play and much of the morning. Couldn't fault the groundstaff who had been working from 4.30am to try to dry the Stormont outfield after Aileen had dumped a fair amount of rain the previous night.

Ireland may have been granted Test status but they won't receive enhanced ICC funding to reflect that for another six months. Cart before the horse? If they don't have funding in place to improve drainage over the winter then an inaugural Test next summer could prove a washout.

Bagpuss (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 08:59
JP Duminy has announced his retirement, with immediate effect, from Test and first class cricket.

So y'all can put your Kolpak cheque books away

cricketjerry-mouse (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 09:12
JP Duminy had strong West Country connections, playing for Devon and top scoring against Lancashire when when Minor Counties were still allowed into the 50 overs cup competition (whatever it was called in those days).

Somerset might just have been interested in a Kolpak signing.

16 September, 2017 10:07
... the 50 overs cup competition (whatever it was called in those days ...

Isn't it still called the Gillette Cup? It is as far as I am concerned - and most people know what I mean.

LoL

Clarence Parker (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 13:19
And when J P Duminy played in that one game for Devon (2003) there were no less than 4 players in the same side who had played for neighbours Somerset.

AGod (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 15:01
I met an ex of his (Duminy) in the pub the other week. Lovely girl - spoke very highly of him. Shame he's retired from all cricket.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net