cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Time to the New Year

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Re: 2017 NEWS SNIPPETS
Streeter (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 16:21
So , Agod , I'm intrigued . What is your opening chat-up line ?

Shepton Paul 2 (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 17:33
Whatever it is, if she says no, it'll be MM's fault.

If anyone says anything about bowling a maiden over, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will, er, be extremely disappointed in you.

AGod (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 19:02
It was neither that kind of situation (there with her kids) nor, indeed, that kind of pub.

Clarence Parker (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 09:58
Heard last evening that Myburgh had been offered a one - year deal for next year. Don't know if it is solely for white - ball games or if indeed it is correct, but the source is usually very reliable.

Wait to see I suppose.

Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 10:15
He is one of those players that supporters don't want to see him go!

There was talk on the last day of the Lancs match he was staying (nothing definite).

Roger ivanhoe (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 11:24
Johann was at the 1875/Longroom dinner on Friday evening.
None of those announced as leaving (to date) were in attendance.

Chris Roger attended but I did not spot Josh Davey, but he may well have been there.

Grockle (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 11:36
I mentioned in the comments during the Lancs game that JM's only option for next year would be a white ball deal. It seems daft that he would be so involved at the end of the season IF he was leaving

It would be good news

(Sm72)

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 13:44
So, if it is true Myburgh is staying, the 'mole' (and I think we've all sussed who that was) was well wide of the mark- only being 50% right, which confirms the conversations near the end of July were merely 'indicative' and not definite.

And a bit of a troublemaker to go to the press with what turned out to be mostly duff gen.

AGod (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 14:08
What it probably demonstrates is that he assumed that he was being released because he's mainly a white ball player but that the club had other reasons for not wanting to retain him such as, perhaps, the not unreasonable view that he isn't really good enough.

17 September, 2017 14:10
I never thought Myburgh was the mole- did you, AGod.

Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 14:52
I didn't and that's for sure.

Grockle (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 16:30
Or he simply waited until the end of the season to see what was happening like many many other professional cricketers.

So much intrigue and speculation... so little end product other than that which is not at all surprising.

(Sm72)

AGod (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 22:47
Wasn't talking about Mybs, Chunky

18 September, 2017 07:05
I think we can assume one person was given a very very very very clear indication they were unlikely to get a new deal, and assummed other conversations had gone the same way.

AGod (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 09:33
Yes. It seems unlikely that other 'indicative conversations,' were had in which people were told 'you're probably going,' only for the club to perform a volte-face a few weeks later.

Grockle (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 20:41
Not the opinion at the time though. Belief in the report far outweighed the assumption that the club had not acted in this way for a pretty long time.

(Sm72)

Nailsea_Fizz (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 23:06
Don't tell me that the view from certain quarters of the club's actions in the first instance without knowing the facts is looking a little foolish. Surely not.???

Grockle (IP Logged)
19 September, 2017 00:22
Those who "poo poo" the concept of evidence being important because it usually shows that their theories came out the back of a bull should now understand why we ask for proof before we create the alternative facts that fit a pet theory.

You may laugh at the request for evidence but the only way something can be proved is with it. The rest is smoke and mirrors and nothing else.

(Sm72)

Bagpuss (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 10:17
Piece in Telegraph today that ECB looking to shorten Tests to 4 days.

Of course, if they weren't trying to shoehorn two T20 competitions into the middle of the summer...

Grockle (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 10:35
Average Test is 330 odd overs it seems.

(Sm72)

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net