cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Time to the New Year

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Anyone found a decent archives site?
Grockle (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 09:12
Now that Cricket Archive seems to have priced itself out of its own market in the short term has anyone got suggestions as to where you can find those important little things about cricket without bankruptcy?

I'm looking for a replacement for the lefthand menu item 'Archive'

We do have the Ceefax link but that isn't enough for the stats guru and the "Stats Guru" is useless.

(Sm72)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2017 18:41 by Grockle.

Re: Anyone found a decent archives site?
Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 09:22
I can't help regarding match reports and scorecards of past matches.

For those who don't know of this link for stats of all Somerset past and present players. [en.wikipedia.org]

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 10:06
Well, there's always espncricinfo for an individuals stats- eg

[www.espncricinfo.com]

but no good for finding old scorecards, which was fascinating.

There are enough cricket writers out there who must have cricket archive to do their jobs properly that I can't see them going out of business because fans won't pay for the privilege.

Grockle (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 11:58
I can see where Cricket Archive are coming from but there are even some Cricket journo's (for whom it must be an almost irreplaceable resource) bleating about the pricing.

I just think they've got the pricing wrong for the bogstandard, semi interested cricket geek but when you start looking for substitutes it may be that I have misread the market and not them.

(Sm72)

Following on (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 14:55
Somewhat disappointingly the statistics on the main Somerset site for the players are correct to the end of the 2015 season!! 2016 must have been a figment of my imagination.

Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 15:34
Quote:
Following on
Somewhat disappointingly the statistics on the main Somerset site for the players are correct to the end of the 2015 season!! 2016 must have been a figment of my imagination.
tf
Does Jack Leach actually exist? Divide into groups and discuss.

Not very long ago Clarence Parker identified an alternative site to Cricket Archive, but I can't remember what thread it was on. Perhaps he would be kind enough to tell us again.

mikeindex (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 15:48
Actually Cricinfo has a pretty useful match scorecard archive too:
[www.espncricinfo.com].
A bit sketchy in the early years of the CC but pretty comprehensive from about 1900 on.

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 15:52
Thanks, MikeIndex. I didn't know that before.

That makes the loss of cricket archive more bearable.

Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 15:59
I know a person that contributed to the archive site, even that person can't access the site without paying. (waiting for a reply from an email sent to them)

old boy! (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 07:16
The pricing probably due to the "bedroom tax!!!"
Old Boy!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net