cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Time to the New Year

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Re: Polls 2017
Grizzzly (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 19:17
Stumpy ?

Grizzzly

Poll: Player of the Month for July 2017
Grockle (IP Logged)
03 August, 2017 16:02

Who was the Player of the Month for July 2017

Eddie Byrom
James Hildreth
Roelof van der Merwe
Steve Davies
Johann Myburgh
Adam Hose
Peter Trego
Lewis Gregory
Jim Allenby
Craig Overton
Tim Groenewald
Jack Leach
Max Waller
Dom Bess
Corey Anderson

You must be logged in to vote.

32 Votes

Show results

I may have run out of spaces. If there is someone not here - Peter Leask if anyone wants him. Can you let me know and who he should replace.

This is from Scarborough CC1 to the T20 against Sussex at Taunton.

Remember at the end of the season we will ask for player of the format as well after LoL's request last year.

(Sm72)

Re: Poll: Player of the Month for July 2017
AGod (IP Logged)
03 August, 2017 18:26
This one could be very tight.

Scrumper (IP Logged)
03 August, 2017 22:12
Vote out.

Grizzzly (IP Logged)
03 August, 2017 23:38
Would have voted for Adam, but can't bring myself to do so, given his departure.

I'm sure he'll still be able to sleep at night !

Grizzzly

Farmer White (IP Logged)
04 August, 2017 00:09
No doubt in my mind. Lewis Gregory for his walking into the captaincy with such aplomb, as far as could be judged from a distance and commentary, at Scarborough and on his transformation of the opening of our T20 innings which, in the matches I have seen, has probably been key to the transformation of our fortunes to date in that competition. Impact player of the month.

Interesting to note though the form and quiet impact of a couple of experienced players after the start to the season both had. James Hildreth and Stephen Davies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2017 00:10 by Farmer White.

Scrumper (IP Logged)
04 August, 2017 00:36
Hildreth.

Should be on 10000 runs for England by now.

AGod (IP Logged)
04 August, 2017 07:27
I voted for Craig Overton, who in my view, should pip Lewis to this. He's improved out of all recognition in the T20, after the first game and often been our most economical seamer, by a distance. And I highly doubt that we'd have won the North Marine Road game without his pace, bounce and hostility, which was too much for the Yorkies on their trampoline.

Lewis certainly deserves a lot of credit for having bowled extremely well at North Marine Road, himself, sans luck. And, of course, also for two or three very good knocks at the top of the T20 order. And for playing through this back complaint to a decent standard. Had he been less expensive with the ball in the T20, he may have got my vote. But T20 is such a batsman's game that I tend to come down in favour of those who manage to bowl to great effect, more so than those who manage to bat well.

If this were being judged only on the T20, then Roelof, having been very consistent again, could count himself extremely unlucky to currently have 'null points.' I guess his absence from NMR has certainly hurt him in this vote.

Had Myburgh been fit for more T20 games, then he may have been a runner here with the way he's been hitting it and, ditto, Corey.

Grockle - I don't imagine that it would make an earth-shattering difference but I think that, to be fair to him, Tim Rouse should replace Dom Bess in this poll. Rouse played and scored well at North Marine Road. Bess has played zero games at first team level in the period under review.

Grockle (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 17:15
I'll give this to the end of the week (sunday T20 games) so if you haven't voted then please do - very close at the moment.

(Sm72)

Grockle (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 17:23
So

LEWIS GREGORY

pipped Craig O for this months.

Can't help thinking that Adam hose would have been more prominent had he not jumped ship for Warwickshire but well done LG. Decent performances and the burden of captaincy at the same time.

(Sm72)

Poll: Whoops. August Player of the month
Grockle (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 11:47

Who is the Somerset Player of the Month for August

Eddie Byrom
Marcus Trescothick
Tom Abell
Steve Davies
Jack Leach
James Hildreth
Dom Bess
Craig Overton
Johann Myburgh
Pete Trego
Tim Groenewald
Jim Allenby
Max Waller
Tim Rouse
George Bartlett

You must be logged in to vote.

26 Votes

Show results

Apologies people

A few things going on at the start of September as I remain in the UK past 100 days. Lost in all that was the PoM.

This goes from the 6th of August Surrey T20 to the Essex Somerset game in Chelmsford CC1 against Essex. Don't get carried away with this week...that will be covered in the September PoM and the different format votes after the Middlesex game.

(Sm72)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 29/09/2017 09:42 by Grockle.

Re: Poll: Whoops. August Player of the month
Shepton Paul 2 (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 09:05
Van Der Merwe should be on the list.

AGod (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 09:31
Bartlett shouldn't be as did not appear until the game after Essex.

Grockle (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 20:32
Are either in with a relevant chance of making a difference? Should have included RvdM and only added George because I had space.

(Sm72)

Shepton Paul 2 (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 21:49
For me, it was between Cove, Myburgh and RvdM. Prob too late now, tho...

Grockle (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 22:13
OK simple.

Those who wish to vote for RvdM please vote for George Bartlett!!

(Sm72)

Scrumper (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 22:48
How do I vote for George?

Grockle (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 22:50
He wasn't involved in these games.

(Sm72)

adelaide (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 00:09
I loved it when West Ham fans voted the goalpost as their man of the match. In a similar vein, perhaps the mad archer should be in your list.

Adelaide

Grockle (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 09:04
But we weren't involved in that Adelaide. Why would he be eligible for our PoM vote?

(Sm72)

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net