cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Time to the start of CC1 2018

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11

Re: And so it all starts with Essex
Grockle (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 12:04
I'm confused about why Mr Seymour has a problem with Gimblett's.

It's the old Ridley and Straggler's crew who have stayed where they were while they've built something around them.

Not sure what his issue is except that maybe his kind of 'cricket realism' was never really accepted in those old footholds in the ground. The misery's arrived complained and were generally told to sling their hook..... and seem to have congregated around the Botham it seems.

I only remember the enclave that inhabited the back rows of the white seats near the covers in front of the Old Pavilion.

I suppose the great part of the ground is wherever young Tom sticks his posterior as far as he is concerned. Where else can anyone be talking with conviction about the game except within earshot of the pearls before swine that he is dishing out.

Whole place seem much of a muchness when I wander about the place these days - though I suppose people still have favourites - the Trescothick seems to have a clientele particularly.

(Sm72)

Tom Seymour (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 20:44
Quote:
RadstockRob

I've had my biggest laugh for ages this morning reading Tom Seymour's comments.He describes people's posts as "SIMPLY PATHETIC"

IF you really want to see something "SIMPLY PATHETIC" Tom try looking in a mirror!

I was instructed by my parents, from a very young age, that if I hadn't got anything nice to say then say don't say anything.

You should have heeded your parents' advice then Rob before spewing out the above for example.

A glass half - empty or a glass half - full?
Regardless, both glasses need filling up.

Clarence Parker (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 21:37
Several days ago, Grockle asked people to discuss their differences of opinion via the PM system.

I twice invited Mark Overton to contact me to this effect, and as I anticipated he hasn’t and furthermore I am not expecting him to do so.

I shuffle walk slowly around the ground with the assistance of a stick, so he adds insult to injury by saying “if you need any help moving around the ground I am also happy to give you hand”. Old age coupled with watching Somerset for over 60 years do not come alone Mr. Overton.

However, in case he was not aware of my mobility, I am prepared to give him the benefit of doubt.

The Overtons are not the first set of twins to have represented Somerset; in fact I believe that they are the third. Some years ago the Parsons twins joined the staff at Somerset at the same time. Their father understandably was very proud. Then came the announcement that Somerset had retained the services of Keith but were willing to let Kevin go.

One can imagine how the whole family must have felt. Two boys born on the same day, raised together, educated together and set out together on a career in cricket were now to be separated. Some local pundits of cricket in Taunton felt that the wrong decision had been made by the club’s coach and cricket committee. But what does it matter what members and supporters think? Their decision is final.

Perhaps Craig and Jamie’s careers will follow a similar route. They may do, and then again on the other hand they may not. Good luck to the twins – may they continue to improve. Good luck to Somerset. Good luck to their father in monitoring and supporting their progress and good luck to me.

Clarence Parker – Not “Clarence the Cross Eyed Lion” as I appear to have been referred to on Twitter postings under the name of Mark Overton.

I will not waste any more of my time on this.

RadstockRob (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 21:47
Tom your posts crack me up. I've never laughed so much since Tractor Drivert suggested Charl Willoughby would be a decent night watchman.

Do your wise cracks come naturally or have you been reading tractors book on diplomacy!
I'll probably be sat in the vicinity of the old scoreboard for the 5o over Benson And Hedges game verses the Murali Kartik All Stars.I'll let you share a packet of crisps and half a pickled egg.

I'll also supply Pondlands best coffee. You'll have to supply your own mug and sugar if required!

If you let me know which flavour crisps you prefer I'll make sure I don't get them.

PS If you require assistance getting around the ground you could Text a Steward!

I'm looking forward to seeing you Tom.

Don't be shy we don't bite.

Some suck hard though!

I could arrange a half hour slot for you to sit on the other end of the Tractor Drivers Memorial Bench while he's gone to lunch.

If for any reason I can't make it pop up to the see Anthony Gibson and he'll pass any message to me over the air.

See you soon Tom!

Tom Seymour (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 22:02
One things for sure, Radstock Rob and that is you are beyond help. The NHS's budget is simply not big enough.

Naaah, I don't want to see you.

A glass half - empty or a glass half - full?
Regardless, both glasses need filling up.

RadstockRob (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 22:04
Clarence how would Mr Overton know who you are?

I'd be very careful as Mark does have a wife and two strapping lads!

I'm not aware of who you are or where you sit.

If you inform me by private message ,so nobody else can see, I'll catch up for a chat with you.
By the way Clarence if you are not aware who I am i'm the handsome one in the vicinity of the Old Scoreboard.

I haven't frequented Gimblett's Hill at all the games I've attended this season because the scrub planted between the rows is a H&S trip Hazzard.

Despite numerous complaints and suggestions it still remains there.

I have been contemplating taking legal action as they are denying me as a disabled person the chance to sit with my long term friends on Gimblett's Hill.

Hope to see you soon CP!

Don't be a Stranger!

RadstockRob (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 22:15
Quite right there Tom and I've got certificates to prove it.

Would you like to see them next game or I could meet you in the Plough for a quiet drink
tomorrow morning about 10.30!

I'll have the commentary of Lancs game on my iPhone.

We could share my earphones.

Clarence Parker (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 22:15
That's for Mr. Overton to tell me by PM - not you.

I know who you are Rob. I even had a chat with you once whilst you were finishing lunch.

And please don't tell me to "be very careful."

Grockle (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 04:26
Well most of us are off to the Old Trafford thread so we'll leave you three here to banter yourselves away. Try not to get too personal but if you do don't get too upset if I close the thread in a short while. It's the season snd we can only take so much of this 'my shining wit is better than yours stuff'.

I do have to mention though..... Clarence.... the tweat.... inappropriate.... did it upset you a little? Well sometimes that kind of thing happens when you dish it out... people who you upset tend to give it back. Maybe the two of you ought to have a chat and get some sense back into your conversations wherever they take plsce.

(Sm72)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/04/2017 04:36 by Grockle.

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 06:32
Quote:
Clarence Parker

Clarence Parker – Not “Clarence the Cross Eyed Lion” as I appear to have been referred to on Twitter postings under the name of Mark Overton.

There are about half a dozen Mark Overton's on twitter- and, of course, anyone can set up a fake account. The one I think is genuine is in 'Tweets are protected' mode. (I'm using the theory that many people stick their year of birth on the end of their twitter name) Also set up in 2011, and photo looks like he could well be their dad.

If it's genuine then all I can say is there are faults on both sides. IF (Big IF) it is genuine Overton senior isn't doing his boys any favours by getting in to a scrap with a member of the public. Maybe explains why his boys can be hot headed.

Maybe Clarence should complain direct to Somerset CCC if he feels this situation is getting out of hand.

RadstockRob (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 07:18
Do it now Grockle with my blessing.

I was only responding to stuff thrown my way.

I'm quitting this thread now.

Grockle (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 08:08
Seems sensible to me Rob. I may do that later today when other things become a little more important than who called who what.

(Sm72)

Mark O (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 08:22
Dear Clarence

I do believe I have said on several occasions I will not be responding to you on the PM service, I do not feel I have to hide behind a false name, and yes I do believe your views are cross-eyed! However I want to establish why you think what you do as I can only assume it's based on years of watching and experience. My invitation to lunch, to chat still stands and will continue to stand. I also do not understand why your posts come across so aggressively, it makes no sense and only alienates you from others. You could have much to bring to the table however you choose to post in such negative ways.

Chunky I do believe like you Clarence has failed your litmus test and if he feels he needs to report anyone to Somerset CCC then good luck. I suspect Grockle would be asked to provide all of CP's posts in the last few years not months. CP has already been banned from this site given the way he writes.

For all posters and sometimes it worth remembering the boys like, trego, tres etc are employees, they do what they are told. Sometimes the tactic or the players role may not suit those on here or those watching but its often what they have been told or the team has agreed and its not very often that we cross our employer. Players also make mistakes, my staff make mistakes and you work with them, CP has made mistakes, i have made mistakes we are human.

I have tried to be reasonable over the last few days, I do not need to hide. I am, along with my wife, my sister in law , my niece, my best friend, my business partner are fully paid up members of SCCC, and have been for several years. We support and promote SCCC at all times. we do not ask the boys for tickets to watch them play at Taunton, so therefore I am one of those that keep this club afloat.

My family whether on the pitch or off will do our utmost for the team. If the boys are picked we are delighted as a family, if they are not they are asked to try harder, train harder and practice harder if that's possible and not to sulk or hide!

I hope today brings success for SCCC at OT, I expect to be there tomorrow and CP i would be delighted to buy you Lancy beer or an Italian Coffee.

I bid you farewell as i need to to do some work so i can afford to come and watch!

Grockle (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 12:22
I hadn't seen any suggestion of reporting whatever to Somerset. Please do. I"ll happily talk to the guys there. I'll pass them nothing from this site - it's open, they can find what they want on the forum if they need to find it

If they are unhappy I'll listen to their issues BUT I will decide what happens. I don't answer to the club and if they asked me to take action I'd ask you lot first. We aren't connected in any way to the club.... that's what the word 'Independent' means. We decide Grockles policy and answer to no one else for it unless it infringes the law.

(Sm72)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 21/04/2017 16:25 by Grockle.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11

This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net