cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Time until I see some live home cricket. Bring on 2017!!!

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

A little bit of women's cricket in my life. England v SL
Grockles.com (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 11:17
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2017 11:27 by Grockle.

Re: A little bit of women's cricket in my life. England v SL
Wickham (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 12:37
I've just turned on the television to hear Charlotte Edwards say that there is no better ground in the country to be playing cricket.

Bobstan (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 12:45
As we always knew, Charlotte is a person of taste and distinction. This is further confirmatory evidence.

mikeindex (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 15:26
Since Ms Edwards is so partial to the cider county maybe we could call her Apple Charlotte.
I totally agree with both her and Bobstan.
Not there myself today as would only have had to leave early and miss the climax if any, but I see the all the car parks and street parking round James Street, Church Square and points in between are packed solid. Is this down to the ladies? Is the crowd really that good? If so, excellent news for Taunton and for women's cricket.

Grockle (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 15:35
Over 3000 in gents and they are having a good time as Taylor and Knight set up a probable England win. Presently 137/2 in the 24th needing 205 with Taylor on 47 and Knight on 42

(Sm72)

Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 17:58
3000 in gents at a women;s match? All very bizarre.

LoL

Sixty-nine Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Sloop John B (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 18:08
An excellent performance from the England ladies . Noticeable from the last time I saw them was a fitter more professional team. Boundary fielders didn't need a relay to each the keeper and Wilson took a diving catch that would have graced any match.

wsm fan (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 18:29
The boundaries were in 30 yards!
BBC radio suggesting 4000, cant argue, it was buzzing.
Sun made it but queues for beer & food all day (Guys dream!) loads of women & kids but 95% proper supporters not bussed in school partys.
Somerset showing itself to be a fantastic venue once more.....

cricketharris (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 18:44
But we will, no doubt, have to rely on the bussed in school children for the rest of the games when England aren't playing. Hopefully some of the 95% will come back next Saturday - but I doubt it.

Cleavo (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 19:52
Excellent crowd, fantastic weather and a great performance by the England ladies.

Only grumble was that the refreshment outlet in the top tier of Somerset Pavilion was not open, which was poor from the club given that it was well populated up there. This meant supporters had to go back downstairs to buy any refreshments resulting in bigger queues at the other outlets including the Stragglers.

Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 22:03
A very good days cricket today, England's catching needs improving apart from that a good performance from the ladies.

The attendance I think was even more than four thousand we judged it to be a small t20 crowd.

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p490/cricketphotos1/Cricket%20Photos/2017%20Cricket%20Photos/Not%20Cricket%20Matches/Crowds%201.jpg

The Somerset stand.

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p490/cricketphotos1/Cricket%20Photos/2017%20Cricket%20Photos/Not%20Cricket%20Matches/Crowds%202.jpg

The rest of the Somerset stand plus the Trescothick stand.

You can see that I have been stopped from posting photos the way I have always done. I will have to look into what I can do to correct this problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2017 08:11 by Mike TA1.

Grockle (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 22:08
A number of people were asking for an update on the crowd after the break in innings I think you are right Mike in that it increased towards the second half of the game. It was certainly a healthy size and the people involved in the women's game seemed very pleased. Someone said it was the largest crowd at any of the venues so far but I have no idea about that.

(Sm72)

Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 22:09
The England team are playing some splendid cricket these days and I am particularly pleased that the brilliant Sarah Taylor is back to her very best on both sides of the stumps.

LoL

Sixty-nine Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 22:19
I could be wrong though, the ECB are being very precise saying it was 3,426???

Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 23:07
Brilliant to watch, fantastic atmosphere and perfect weather. The game showed that cricket is the best sport whoever plays it. Yes the boundaries were further away than the tide goes out at Weston and some of bowling was too slow for my liking, but seeing Taylor and Knight keep up with eachother almost run for run beat any Somerset first team batting performance this season. They could probably have chased 300, the Sri Lankan total always looked way short

Sloop John B (IP Logged)
03 July, 2017 08:56
MikeTA links not working for me Mike.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net