cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Time to the New Year

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10
Glamorgan plus one T20
Grockles.com (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 12:36
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/08/2017 13:28 by Grockle.

Re: Glamorgan plus one T20
Grockle (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 13:04
Trigger is in for this one - bit of a surprise given news this morning of probably using a second spinner (what RvdM is I'm not sure).

He's in for Timmy G though which seems a little strange.

I'm going to run this as the thread simply because the other thread has already hit 100 posts and that is when the mobile version starts to clog up.

So any comments on this game on here please. Fanx

(Sm72)

Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 13:33
I can log into the commentary site and learn that commentary is now happening, but no sound is coming through. Is this ,y fault or is there a wider problem?

I now find I can get the BBC Wales commentary but not the Somerset one.

LoL

Sixty-nine Seasons a Somerset Supporter

cricketharris (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 13:37
As the second richest man in England I have paid to. Put a spanner in the BBC's works. For goodness sake LoL find something more worthwhile to listen to on a Sunday afternoon.

Rod1883 (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 13:42
Why is Lewis being asked to bowl (or to a degree play at all) in these games?
Surely, if he has a serious back problem, he should have had treatment as soon as it was known.
This way he might have been able to come back fro the last one or two CC1 games?

AGod (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 13:47
Apparently he needs a major op to bolt his back together. I agree better he gets it fixed straight away. But he'd have no chance of being back this season, either way.

AGod (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 13:47
Going to have to chase 185+ at this rate...

Rod1883 (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 13:50
Thanks AG.
If he needs a major op, what on earth is he doing playing, and Somerset management allowing/picking him?
Get it fixed, even if he doesn't play again this season - that must be better than risking more damage?

Rod1883 (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 13:54
Quote:
AGod
Going to have to chase 185+ at this rate...

210 plus!

Grockle (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 14:03
We were told that this back injury was not going to get any worse earlier in the season. We are now being told that the painkilling injections aren't lasting as long as they hoped so he can't play long duration games. If the back is saying 'I hurt' it means 'I need fixing'.

Get the bloody tools out and bolt the fella back together rather than asking him to bowl in a lost cause or in longer games if he can't do it.

100 up at 10.4 overs.

(Sm72)

DeanSwift (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 14:10
So very Somerset to let rubbish like Nick Selman smash his highest T20 score in a must-win game

RadstockRob (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 14:23
BBC Somerset is now on air!

Clarence Parker (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 14:27
Don't despair - all is going to form.

Somerset will win this, so get behind the team.

(Sm3)

Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 14:29
a bit previous to say "rubbish like Nick Selman" given that today was only his second T20 innings.

LoL

Sixty-nine Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Tom Seymour (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 14:37
Both Gregory and Jamie Overton have chronic back problems at a comparatively young age, and this season is not the first it has happened.

With a thin playing staff the club cannot tolerate 2 players missing months off each season through a repeated injury.

Sadly the only option is for the club to offload them both on health and fitness grounds.

If they temporarily recover it will be the same again next year and so on.

I await the abuse.

A glass half - empty or a glass half - full?
Regardless, both glasses need filling up.

AGod (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 14:57
Well done, Max Waller.

AGod (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 15:02
Power plays could scarcely be more different here - they made loads and we've started sluggishly.

Grockle (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 15:07
They aren't going to do it Tom so saying they should is pretty pointless and abusing you for saying it makes as much sense.

It seems to be a career characteristic of most young bowlers. Jamie or Lewis are not the only ones. They aren't the first and they probably won't be the last.

It may do for Jamie in the end as he seems to have the more serious problem but should we put him on the market with this issue there are a number of counties who would pay for the treatment and play him.

Maybe they should bolt their backs before they start. Un-natural sporting action creates injury issues shock horror.

The things kids do to become famous aye?

(Sm72)

AGod (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 15:08
The back injuries are undoubtedly a concern, Tom S, but good bowlers don't grow on trees.

Far from getting rid of bowlers, this club will - if we go down- probably have to consider improving the contracts of certain players to ward off interest from CC1 sides..

The injuries to LG and Jove might limit interest in them this winter, I suppose. Two spinners and Cove very likely to be in demand and will, presumably, be more tempted to go if we're in the wastelands of CC2.

brt1919 (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 15:12
I was tempted not to bite by Tom's post, but I failed. Both are far too talented to just dump. I'd agree that you probably wouldn't take a risk on signing them if they were approaching or over 30, but I'd hope Somerset keep hold of them for a few years yet & see whether their maturing/operated on bodies can handle the demands.

Goto Page: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net