cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Time to the New Year

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10

Re: Glamorgan plus one T20
Dave65 (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 20:45
If Glamorgan win which is looking very likely

Grizzzly (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 20:48
Even if Middlesex win, their RR is much inferior to our own, which I reckon means we are through to the QF's !

Astonishing if so.

Grizzzly

AGod (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 20:50
Regardless, can we please not continue with Allenby? He seldom bothers to bowl, he doesn't score runs and Brian Close as skipper he is not.

Dave65 (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 20:51
I'm not a big T20 fan myself but the rain has certainly made the final round of group games very tense and exciting in both divisions, with so many teams being able to qualify.

doc h (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 20:52
We are going to qualify because only one of Kent and Surrey can overtake us and the others have an inferior run rate.

AGod (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 20:54
And it looks like it's bye bye to Alec 'my whole squad should play for England, even the Australian ones,' Stewart..

Scrumper (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 20:55
Looks like Notts away. That run rate did the job, thanks Tregs!

AGod (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 20:56
Or not, bye bye to Kent instead, who blew it.

Suits us better as we can beat Batty's mob but Kent own us in this format.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/08/2017 20:57 by AGod.

Dave65 (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 20:59
Glamorgan just stuttering slightly now, lost 3 wickets for 5 runs

Grockle (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 21:11
The messages seem to suggest we are in. As you say Grizzzly. This performance was exemplary.

So another step probably.

We will keep Jim. He'll be allowed to captain as far as we go unless he sees his own writing on the wall and calls it a day for himself (highly doubtful)

Seriously need to ask about Steve D as well. A stumping tonight but not a lot else when we need a powerplay opening bat.

We did this with about 9 men tonight.

(Sm72)

Grockle (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 21:13
Official

Notts v Somerset Thursday Trent Bridge

(Sm72)

AGod (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 21:14
LG and Mybs to open, for me, at Trent Bridge.

Remember Mybs taking Notts apart up there in the CC last year?

After today, probably bat Trego 3.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/08/2017 21:18 by AGod.

Dave65 (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 21:16
Away to Notts in the Quarter from what I have seen of the tournament Notts look the best team in it to date. But I thought that in 2011 when we meet them at Trent Bridge in the quarter final, so lets hope that the result is the same as that time.

AGod (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 21:16
SD has had a white ball season which is the stuff from which nightmares are made.

Shepton Paul 2 (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 21:21
Yep, all seem to agree we're through to play at TB. I'm pleased fir all concerned, but especially Trego tonight. You may say we won with only nine tonight, but tbh T20 games can often be won with only 3 or 4 players really showing up. Congrats to all involved.

Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 21:23
Never in doubt. I'd appoint Trego as captain for QF.

LoL

Sixty-nine Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Farmer White (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 21:24
Just back from a one off chance to see the film of the Hokusai (Old Man Crazy) exhibition. What do I find? Peter Trego hurtling Old Man Crazy like through the middle of the other seven counties chasing the last two qualification spots in the Southern Group like a skittles ball scattering pins in all directions.

Brilliant. Great Somerset tradition, last minute derring-do, and tables never lie.

Clarence Parker (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 21:33
I don't follow the intricacies of this stuff, but if we are through to the Quarter Finals, then congratulations are certainly due.

A cracking win tonight. Well done.

geordie moonraker (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 21:35
Well I'll be blowed. I watched it on cricinfo and went from despair (Davies 0) to joy(Trego and Hildreth) to exuberance (Waller Overton and van der Merwe) I still thought that even that comprehensive win would not dislodge Sussex, but what do I know. Roll on Notts and see what we can do with Hales and Patel

cricketjerry-mouse (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 21:36
Somerset posted comfortably the best run rate in the Southern group, with two of the three counties above us - Surrey and Hampshire - in negative country and top dogs Glamorgan only just scraping into the plus run rate column.

Posters have torn apart, at different times, both our batting and bowling performances in the Blast this season. But you can`t achieve a run rate of 0.491 without having good days for both disciplines more often than not - allied to a goodly number of close finishes even when you lose.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net