cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Time to the New Year

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Re: Thursday T20 QF @ Trent Bridge
geordie moonraker (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 19:20
I'm not sure the crowd agrees!!

hantssabre (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 19:22
This is shutting the crowd up! Patel and Taylor in looks like a good chance of a run out

Grockle (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 19:23
Rvdm!!!!!

"This the greatest ground you'll ever see at Trent Bridge" Flintoff

(Sm72)

hantssabre (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 19:38
And there's the run out!

Grockle (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 19:40
Brilliant Hants.... oooh SKY pundits are struggling with this one

(Sm72)

24 August, 2017 19:41
Well played Hantssabre

Grockle (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 19:43
Never mind Notts have a HUGE batting lineup it seems. Not over until it is over

(Sm72)

hantssabre (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 19:47
Notts bat down to No12 so shouldn't be a problem!

hantssabre (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 20:14
Close but not close enough unfortunately

24 August, 2017 20:16
That was quite a good effort I thought.

Grockle (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 20:18
We've been talking about the effect of big overs. 19 off the 18th has done for us I think but a decent attempt to defend a low score put the wind up the Notts cricket and commentary team. Too many errors when the score would not allow them.

Please Botham. Don't post that we are 'rubbish' on TV tonight. We don't win that often but we made Notts fight for it and can hold our heads up with pride.

(Sm72)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/08/2017 20:19 by Grockle.

Scrumper (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 20:43
I suppose we missed JM runs tonight, he's been our main man. We fielded well. No overseas players is MM's fault?

Dave65 (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 21:05
Sadly the game was lost in the first half with an under par total. Putting Van Meekeren in for Allenby seemed like an odd replacement given that Allenby has hardly bowled this season and batted top 3 and Van Meekeren is a number 11. As soon as I looked at that line up I though we were at least batsmen light and what does Maynard see in Leask to keep picking him because I have watched him for a couple of years in the seconds and seen nothing to suggest that he is good enough 1st XI cricket.

A good effort with the ball by the two spinners as always & Gregory as well (with the ball and in terms of captaincy), also a very good effort in the field. But Van Meekeren and Overton were both shocking with the ball, why oh why were they (particularly Overton) obsessed with bowling half way down the wicket, when surely they must have watched how Notts bowled and seen how short the boundaries were square. I don't think England will be calling Craig back up to the T20 squad in a hurry after that.

But well done to Notts and their overseas captain Dan Christian he did what a side wants their overseas player to do stand up and make a difference in the big games.

Roger ivanhoe (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 21:18
Dom Bess might have been an option in Allenby's place, but we were at least 25 short, and very hard to defend against that Nott's line up,even getting those early wickets always someone likely to make some runs.

geoff_k (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 21:25
Like Leicestershire we were condemned by an inadequate total although the conditions probably didn't allow for the usual high scores you get at Trent Bridge. Still we made a good fight of it at least for a while. I think Flintoff is a graduate of the Danny Morrison School of Commentators. Also Freddie, it's Trego not Trago for goodness sake!

Grizzzly (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 21:42
Home to see the result did not go in our favour. Ho hum...

A shame, as we seemed to be building momentum again, but suspect the difference was JM having a bad day instead of a blistering one.

Bit surprised to see that Leask played.

Ah well, back to proper cricket and the upcoming challenges that will come with it.

Meanwhile, I guess Lewis has played his last game of the year. Let's hope he get's fixed up good and proper by the start of next season, and also that we are then still playing in the first division.

Grizzzly.

Grockle (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 21:52
Somerset are responsible for the Corey Anderson choice so it isn't all Maynard's fault. He is to blame partly but the committee who authorised the salary didn't do homework that was pretty obvious to people here. The PCB have their own level of blame for our international player issues.

I can't understand leaving Allenby out injury or not. But not going for either a three spin option or choosing a batsman with a future at Taunton rather than Leask. Eddie perhaps? Even Tom at a push Banton or Abell.

But it's done and the CC1 is now the only game in town.

(Sm72)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/08/2017 22:46 by Grockle.

Botham (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 22:01
Frock le, you're getting obsessed. I didn't watch it or comment, but still get a mention.

Grockle (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 22:10
Who is this "Frock le" of which you speak? It was just a reference in case Mr B. It is your usual response. You may have agreed tonight so it wasn't a criticism. They certainly didn't look inept tonight. If they fight and lose I'm OK with that. Surprised you didn't keep track. Over now though.

(Sm72)

tidegoingout (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 22:54
We put up a good fight but Notts were better. They bowled really well throughout and have so many decent options. I think they varied the pace well. Being in the crowd post Trego catch felt a bit hostile, more like football, especially when Trego challenged a spectator about what he just shouted. That really got things going. Most sides have one bowler who gets hammered in a T20 game but we had two and it cost us. I think the strong T20 sides have really got it sorted these days and finals day will be classy. We aren't strong enough to be there.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net