cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Time to the New Year

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Current Page: 16 of 18

Re: Essex Machine
Roger ivanhoe (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 18:46
Thanks Tom.

Ronniesabre (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 18:47
He has said he will edit. I'm glad you are happy . Personally I want better for the club and being happy with what we have been served up with is partly why we just accept things and we don't move on. Notts were garbage last year. Changed Coach, couple of shrewd signings and maybe a treble of sorts. Let's replicate .

AGod (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 18:55
And Essex were tripe under Paul Grayson- fired him, appointed Silverwood etc ..

AGod (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 18:56
SP - there was no need for a (sic) before God. The word should be capitalised.

Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 19:03
SP: Did you mean to leave Davies (major?) out of your team for next year?

LoL

Sixty-nine Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Roger ivanhoe (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 19:10
Ron, I did not say I was happy, I just thanked Tom for his edit which he was did without issue.

Shepton Paul 2 (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 19:26
LoL: you're right, Davies should've been in that list.

AG: the "sic" was a subtle reference to the comment coming, not from God, but from AGod. Oh never mind, it was just a gag.

Grockle (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 19:46
If Notts 'did it with a couple of shrewd signings' Ron then they must have kept faith with a great deal of what was already there and re-organised. All for that happening at Taunton.

(Sm72)

AGod (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 20:33
Bye bye City based team!!!

Hurrah!!!

Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 20:42
Daily Mail always good for a laugh

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

cricketharris (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 21:15
Pleased to see Hose didn't contribute much in the T20 final today and was in the losing side. From the Daily Mail article it is easy to see now what "turned his head".

AGod (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 21:26
I have no personal animus vs Adam but am always thrilled to see City based teams lose. And to hell with the ECB.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2017 21:53 by AGod.

Grockle (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 21:42
Can we please lose the offending word AG. It is quite obvious that all players who play for a county with a city on in are not.... so please clarify or remove. Thanks.

(Sm72)

AGod (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 21:55
I assume the above is fine, Grockle.

Some here may have a problem vs AH. Some may wish him well. My view is ambivalence

wsm fan (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 23:27
More unsubstantiated speculation then.

Jim skippered T20 side after being told not wanted next season. So doesnt back up logic that IF myby wasnt to be here next year we wouldnt pick him.

Nobody has answered why he hasnt played in any 2s game of late? When was his last red ball 2s game?

We havent had any information he is fully fit or not for red ball cricket. Just a tweet from the club saying "as far as we know he is fit" no idea who controls the tweets, not Matt or Myby one assumes.

I think it far more likely there is a reason we arent aware of as to why he isnt involved rather than the default Matt is clueless position.

Squad due 3pm Monday so we have another 39 hours to speculate unknowingly yet.....

My 11 is (assuming Jamie Jim & Johann unavailable & we dont sign an overseas!)

Tres Eddie Tom Hildy SD Tregs Craig Dom Jack Timmy G VanMk
No need for 3 spinners so rvdm out. Giving Rouse a break & unless seamers paradise Tregs 4th seamer & Dom over Josh.

AGod (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 07:31
You still seem to be wilfully ignoring the fact that, per Mybs himself, he was def fit at time of Surrey game as said as much on the radio.

Your desperation to defend Maynard consumes you. Matthew does not know what he is doing.

Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 07:34
Regarding wanting to see City based teams losing, Taunton is almost a city. From Wiki "Taunton was named as a 'Strategically Important Town or City' in the government's Regional Spatial Strategy". And keeping on topic, Chelmsford is now a city

wsm fan (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 08:12
You AGod seem to be ignoring that was 4 weeks ago and he hasnt played red ball for 2s in that time either, why not?
Its all assumptions as so often.
You are intent on blaming Matt for evrrything you can.
I agree he has to be accountable for our results he isnt purposely trying to get us relegated by not picking players who you KNOW would obviously help save us.

Nailsea_Fizz (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 09:42
Quote:
AGod
Sorry, Nailsea, but there are many people who have deep misgivings about Mr Maynard, not just me.
Sorry to spoil that little idea of yours.

Agod, I'm fully aware that you aren't the only one that harbours misgivings about MM's hand on the tiller but you are the chief band leader and the relentless banging of the Maynard must go drum makes scrolling through this site a bit tiresome.

Just my observation.

AGod (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 10:16
I wanted to see the team that, ludicrously, carries the name of a city lose, SCCC la la la.

Current Page: 16 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net