cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Time to the New Year

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Know Your Onions
Grockle (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 04:11
He's the Cory Anderson of a season. An injury waiting to happen. The Sean Tait of the Domestic game. Sad because he's also a great bowler but he makes Johnno seem constantly fit.

(Sm72)

Shepton Paul 2 (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 08:55
I think Onions was as good as an English-style seamer as you'd want - but I'm not sure he is any more. I think he's also said he's looking for some sort of guaranteed post-playing coaching role - not sure we can offer that, unless the DoC leaves and Kerr and Rogers each shuffle up a place. And I don't think a seamer is our priority!

Worthy of consideration, but I'd say I'm 70/30 against.

AGod (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 09:37
If Maynard stays then I'd be amazed if we pursued him as MM said no chance of overseas paceman as doesn't want to hinder development of what we have - so, by that logic, very unlikely to pursue Bunny either.

AGod (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 12:51
I tend to agree, Clarence, though if you were to ask me who we could sign to strengthen the bowling, I would have to concede that I do not know (so far as domestic recruits would be concerned). There may, as ever, be the odd Kolpak possibility e.g. players from South Africa or Barbados and maybe one or two other West Indian islands, but who knows.

Clarence Parker (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 12:55
You can think what you like, Sunshine.

AGod (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 12:57
Isn't it hard to argue against the notion that both JOve and LG have an unfortunate history with back injuries, Grockle?

Jamie has missed the lions' share of each of the last two seasons. LG has had numerous issues (I think this may be his third such issue?)

Of course, it is to be hoped that they "grow out of them," (these tend to be young men's injuries) but whether they will remains to be seen.

In the meantime, having a bit more cover would, IMO, be welcome. With the best will in the world, Josh Davey is no match-winner unless conditions are loaded in his favour, IMO. Van Meekeren did well in his one game (I think it was?) but it was one game nonetheless. And there is talk of Cove possibly going Down Under and a reality that Jimmy and Broad cannot go on forever.

Grockle (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 15:35
Not arguing about their back injuries.

It's the assessment of one of them in terms of specific bowling ability and therefore the reason for carrying on with treatment.

Lewis and Jamie may or may not be long for the bowling world. But in terms of skills should they wish to continue they are without doubt both worth the investment.

As I pointed out CP's opinion is different and specific to one of those players.

It is not in my opinion the view of the majority of this site or a completely objective assessment because of personal animosity.

Thanks by the way Clarence I do think what I like and will express it when I like.

(Sm72)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 26/09/2017 16:49 by Grockle.

cricketjerry-mouse (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 16:59
Graham Onions going to Lancashire, alongside Keaton Jennings

AGod (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 17:01
Cannot really see that track suiting him much, but we'll see.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net