cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Time to the New Year

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11

Re: Somerset v Lancs CC1 - The Farmer speaks....
Scrumper (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 01:02
Scrolling to the bottom of these threads started is making my index finger very muscular.

Grizzzly (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 05:14
Out all day & only just catching up with the events of day 2.

Wow, can't ask for any more than that performance. Simply terrific. Our bowling attack is simply on fire right now. Really hope we can do similar damage today & get close to finishing things off.

I'd like to suggest a simple change for next season...........

......that our fixtures take place only during August & September !

Whatever happens over the next few weeks, we have got to find a way to start our 2018 campaign with the same discipline we have shown over the last couple of games.

Grizzzly

Old Boy! (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 08:31
Quote:
Tom Seymour
I had a pleasant conversation with a Lancashire committee man and amongst other things we discussed Jos Buttler. He, like many apparently at Old Trafford, considered Alex Davies to be a better keeper than Buttler, whom he said was more useful in White Ball rather than Red Ball cricket.

I would be delighted if Jos came back. I just hope he would give up his keeping role, and concentrate on becoming a proper top four batter. The England seduction has IMO lead him astray by being tempted up north by Giles, then being spewed out as we were afraid would happen by the England red ball 'experts'. Back with Somerset he could be our missing number three by learning how to bat properly.

Old Boy!

Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 08:36
We may have to bat again if wickets are harder to come by in the second innings.

It always bring a smile to my face when some don't understand the rules. As we all know when there has been a break in play because of the weather you can add up to thirty minutes play (8 overs) onto the end of the days play.

Yesterday we had the full thirty minutes added on at the end of play because we lost more than thirty minutes play earlier in the day. Because we had the spinners on we managed to get three extra overs in up to six o/clock. The number of people that got up to leave when the allotted overs were bowled at about 5.45 because the thought that the play was over was surprising, several people called out 'play is not over yet'

AGod (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 08:50
Yes, Mike. It may be too much to hope for to slice through Lancs so easily twice.

I think they'll get enough to make us bat again and we'll have a nervous day of dodging showers and trying to knock the runs off tomorrow.

Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 09:09
Lets hope not AG, the first hour could give us some indication on thing are going.

The covers are off the square I can't see the pitch! there are blue skies showing among the clouds.

Grockle (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 11:40
It's up as the front page so I may take it out of the main thread to make more room. Gonnna close this one down as well.

(Sm72)

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11

This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net