cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Time to the New Year

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Current Page: 12 of 12

Re: Somerset v Lancs Part 3
sandhills (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 20:19
AGOD please write yourself a note not to reply to any ECB or Surrey job advert to market the 4 day game.
I do hope our players go out and try and look for a win. You never know!

Also well done to all the team this week especially Mr Davies and the Capt. The bowlers were awesome and have been all season. Congrats to the coaching team . I think that's 3 wins 1 draw and 1 loss in the last 5.

I also want to wish the team Good luck this coming week, apparently we have already drawn at the Oval so with that luck it won't take much to turn it into 16pts.

AGod (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 08:29
I think the other thing, WSM is this:

On the rare occasion when the pitch doesn't provide for an unequal struggle between bat and ball, that's generally because it rags square! For obvious reasons Surrey are likely to do their utmost to avoid such an eventuality vs Leachy and Dom!

wsm fan (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 09:03
They can try all they like but we will have 11 players turning up who will be trying to win.
Batters make mistakes.
Pressure has an effect.
It may well end up a 500 a side draw.
But we will give it a big go im sure.
Jack especially doesnt just need the pitch to get wickets. He is clever and patient and with 400 on the board he has time too.
Weather appears well set so lets see how we go maybe.
Even on a road are we confident our batters can bat for 4/5 sessions!?
The last 8 days of our season will produce plenty of drama i have no doubt.....

Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 09:30
wsm fan. thumbs down

AGod (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 11:18
I take the point that we cannot, necessarily, be confident that our guys will bat for four/five sessions. I think it's more probable that they'll only bat three or so but that they will probably score pretty quickly so would still arrive at a fair total.

I don't necessarily think it will be 600 per side and then shake hands, more like 400 and 350 vs 400 and not enough time to get the runs or wickets.

Bagpuss (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 09:48
I await the match thread "Kennington is Killing Cricket" with bated breath.

AGod (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 10:40
Such a post would be positively posthumous.

I suppose, to be fair, Surrey's results away from home also suggest that they have simply been very much stronger in batting than in bowling. But, still..

Current Page: 12 of 12

This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net