cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Time to the New Year

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Current Page: 1 of 38
Rooting for you to beat Middx and stay up next week
WS55 (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 14:09
Gulp. So it's come to this -- Champions and Runners-up will be head to head to avoid relegation next week. Just so you know, there'll be at least one Yorkshireman (me) cheering you on to win, and win well, against Middlesex -- even though a draw would guarantee Yorkshire's safety.

You didn't deserve to lose against us in June (see my post on last page of 'The Yorkshire Test'). If that helmet had been two inches to the left on June 11th, we'd now be on 137 points and you'd be on 135. One of us would probably have been relegated, and either way I wouldn't be coming to Taunton again next year.

But if you can win next week, and we get the few points we'd then need to stay ahead of a beaten Middlesex, I'll be able to enjoy your hospitality again in 2018. I'd much rather come to Taunton than go to Lord's!

So good luck guys. (Your team is better than a lot of you grumbling Grockles seem to think!)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2017 14:40 by Grockle.

Re: Rooting for you to beat Middx and stay up next week
Angell Face (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 15:18
Thank you WS55 and yes, some of us think our team is OK. And even if it wasn't, we'd still be cheering the lads on!

Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 15:38
I certainly hope WS55 will have reason to visit Taunton next summer. I actually think the "grumbling Grockles" do not constitute a "lot" of us, though they do tend to take up a lot of space on the site.

LoL

Sixty-nine Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Grockle (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 15:56
(Sm160) LoL

(Sm72)

Grizzzly (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 16:20
Well said WS55 !

Grizzzly

Scrumper (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 22:42
What's the injury news on Tregs? Could LG play as a batman or has he gone under the knife? Why am listening to S-Club-7?

Bagpuss (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 23:32
Last picture I saw of Lewis last week he was wearing a hospital gown so I think Monday will be a wee bit soon for him!

wsm fan (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 23:51
Tregs struggling per Matt but will do anything to play if at all possible.
It will turn so rvdm has to be the replacement, 1st innings runs the priority, win thoughts become live after we match their batting points.....

Scrumper (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 23:51
Dammit. Can you hold a bat Baggie?

Wickham (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 07:19
She could sever the handles from the Middlesex bats in a trice, if that helps, Scrumper.

Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 08:31
The most depressing part of the cricket season is when the steward puts the final stamp on the card that all members get for a free scorecard.

We all know it is the final game of the season. (Sm117)

Division two don't depress me, we have been there before and we didn't stay long, anyway we are not there yet.

Come on Somerset you can do us proud.

Grockle (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 09:02
Lewis has had pins put in his back. They didn't put anything in me but 6 weeks later I'm still working on the wound healing so it is highly unlikely that Mr Gregory.will be playing cricket in the near future.

(Sm72)

AGod (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 09:09
Needless to say there should be no question of gambling on Pete's fitness for such an important match - there's no way we should pick him, IMO, having seen the level of discomfort that he was in on Friday, unless it was just a cramp or muscle spasm.

Grockle (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 09:20
Looking for some inspiration today and I find the Women's T20 final highlights on OSN cricket at midday.... the girl's game is getting some worldwide coverage.

(Sm72)

Grockle (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 09:36
Is the Western Storm bowler Dibble related to ex Somerset Adam?

(Sm72)

Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 09:58
Yes, sister I think.

Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 13:30
Good luck to all the sides in the final round and within the spirit of the game. Tom, long may you continue as Captain whether we will be feeder division or not. It's the players that matter, not the celebrity of DoC which is a football copy. Middlesex shouldn't have been deducted the 2 points, so we must win well. Hope these crucial games for so late in September don't lead to any more injuries and everyone else can get the time off college or work.

Roger ivanhoe (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 16:48
Somerset will pick a starting XI from the following 13 man squad:
Tom Abell (c), Marcus Trescothick, Eddie Byrom, George Bartlett, James Hildreth, Steve Davies (wk), Roelof van der Merwe, Craig Overton, Dom Bess, Jack Leach, Tim Groenewald, Paul van Meekeren, Peter Trego.

Peter Trego is a doubt for the match after picking up an achilles injury on Friday at the Kia Oval.

Grockle (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 17:32
So its Meerkat or RvdM. I'll take the latter please

(Sm72)

wsm fan (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 18:11
Pretty clear Tregs is out.
I agree RVDM straight swop at 7.

Per Midx site we have a new signing Joe Leach playing!

The absolutely huge news is no Rayner.
Proper spin options now Sowter & Patel who have 1 championship wicket between them in 2017 (jack & dom 76!)
Part time options of Malan Voges Stirling.

If we can just win that toss & post 250 i cant see how things can go wrong.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/09/2017 20:39 by wsm fan.

Current Page: 1 of 38

This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net