cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Time to the New Year

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Player of the Year 2017
Grockle (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 16:42
Now that Middlesex have finally worked out their issues about 2017 we can finish off our assessment by looking for our Player of the season.

There are effectively FOUR awards to be made and I need nominations please.

The monthly recipients of awards are automatically in the running for all of them

This year that is;

DEAN ELGAR
LEWIS GREGORY
CRAIG OVERTON
JACK LEACH

So can I have nominations besides these players for the following awards please

CC1 PLAYER OF THE YEAR

50 OVER PLAYER OF THE YEAR

T20 PLAYER OF THE YEAR

PLAYER OF THE YEAR.

I'm going to take nominations until the end of this month and then run the polls in early November

Does anyone remember us running a June poll? I thought we had but there is no sign of it. Any suggestions?

(Sm72)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/10/2017 17:06 by Grockle.

Re: Player of the Year 2017
Grockle (IP Logged)
21 October, 2017 08:56
As this has been up for 3 days with no response I am starting to assume that people aren't interested or the fields are pretty sparse of candidates.

I'll go with Player of the Year only if this carries on for the rest of the week.

I have to admit I find adding anyone to the PoY field than the 4 already there is difficult.

(Sm72)

Bagpuss (IP Logged)
21 October, 2017 09:39
If you are doing separate 50 over and T20 polls then RVDM and Johann Myburgh should be included.

Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
21 October, 2017 09:49
How about predicting now who will be player of the year for 2018?

Grockle (IP Logged)
21 October, 2017 10:01
Well we predicted at the start of this year who we thought was going to be the most significant player of 2017 and you could argue the prediction was right but for all the wrong reasons because the candidate most people chose was

STEVE DAVIES

I'll do it again at the start of 2018 and see what we come up with but we have to have an idea about the full rosta before we can do that sensibly

(Sm72)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/10/2017 10:03 by Grockle.

mikeindex (IP Logged)
21 October, 2017 11:34
I haven't posted, not for lack of interest but because I have no other candidates to suggest.

Grockle (IP Logged)
21 October, 2017 17:09
Yep it is s little sparse.

(Sm72)

Old Boy! (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 19:27
CC1 Elgar
50 over RVDM
20 over None
Player of the Year Leach

Old Boy!

mikeindex (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 12:26
Beautifully as Jack bowled all season, as is his usual custom, my Player of the Year is Craig Overton who bowled consistently magnificently while hardly ever (unlike Jack) having conditions in his favour.

AGod (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 12:30
It has to be a bowler and I think either Craig or Jack would be suitable choices.

Cove improved dramatically in the white ball stuff, as well as being consistently at the batsman in the red ball stuff so I think he is the logical choice.

If we were to have a Young player award then Eddie Byrom would be the obvious pick, IMO.

For separate white ball awards, then probably Elgar in 50 over and Mybs in T20.

AGod (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 12:31
A fairly poor indictment of our CC season that Old Boy's suggestion that a man who only played in 6/14 games be CC1 player of the year, does NOT look ridiculous.

Grockle (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 16:07
I'll sort the poll out over the weekend just to oficially close the season down.

(Sm72)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net