cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Time to the New Year

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Fixtures 2018
RadstockRob (IP Logged)
17 November, 2017 20:04
28/29th November.

Probably two different announcements as has happened previously.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/11/2017 20:12 by RadstockRob.

Re: Fixtures 2018
Grizzzly (IP Logged)
17 November, 2017 23:25
Ear close to the ground Rob ?!

Thanks for the heads up.

Grizzzly

Tom Seymour (IP Logged)
17 November, 2017 23:35
Not saying that you are wrong, but what is two announcements going to tell us that one can't?

We know the split into Divisions etc and presumably the Tourists schedule, so why have 2 announcements presumably one for red ball and one for white ball?

A glass half - empty or a glass half - full?
Regardless, both glasses need filling up.

Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 12:31
One will include Middlesex in CC Div 2 and the other will include Middlesex in CC Div 1

LoL

Sixty-nine Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Old Boy! (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 18:04
I expect the two announcedment will be first:
All the matches to be played on proper cricket grounds - Test grounds
and the second announcement will list all those less imortant matches
(Sm100)(Sm105)(Sm110)(Sm122)(Sm119)(Sm120)(Sm159)on non-test grounds

Grizzzly (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 20:04
I'm hoping our first games will be in late July, as we only normally turn up for the season around then !

Grizzzly

Bagpuss (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 12:19
T20 fixtures announced on 28th, the championship on 29th. No idea,about 50 over games but as their future is as a 2nd XI competition played to a large extent on outgrounds I'm guessing the ECB isn't choosing to prioritise them.

Grockle (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 12:51
Well at least the professionals won't have to complain about playing too much cricket. Shame really because it's the format we seem to be able to play internationally!!

Why don't the media....whoops Central body not like the one day format? Does it take up too much schedule....whoops budget?

(Sm72)

Old Boy! (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 20:25
Me thinks you are right Grockle!
Old Boy!

wsm fan (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 19:54
T20 fixtures out tomorrow 5pm
Real fixtures then follow 11am Wednesday

Tom Seymour (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 22:39
In the CC, start with Worcestershire at home and end with Notts at Trent Bridge is my guess.

Roger ivanhoe (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 08:57
Not sure that is a guess Tom, just what I was told also.😀

Tom Seymour (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 14:32
The fact is Roger, if I claim to have been told that by a 3rd party after having attended a recent AGM, it is "Moderated to remove unsubstantiated events at the AGM."

We all know it is a fact; a fact not worth disputing IMO.

A glass half - empty or a glass half - full?
Regardless, both glasses need filling up.

Grockle (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 14:50
But of course Tom those facts weren't moderated because they weren't unsubstantiated and so that part of your post remains. Comprehension problems?

(Sm72)

nelliec (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 17:14
No shocks with the T20 fixtures.3 Fridays,3 Sunday’s and one on a Wednesday probably to satisfy SKY TV.

Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 12:10
Always good to get the T20 fixtures early so that one can plan one's holidays.

LoL

Sixty-nine Seasons a Somerset Supporter

JuliaW (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 12:35
I see all the CC games in September are in midweek again. Obviously a deliberate ploy to discourage those of us who have to work from attending games!

I would love to see/hear a good reason for this particularly whackadoodle scheduling.

AGod (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 13:17
Yes, LoL, that's certainly the only time of the season when one should aim to get away.

Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 13:51
One home Championship game from mid June to September (Essex), this isn't good for the next generation of Somerset test players over the long school holidays. Or anyone that enjoys coming along to cricket for the sun. Or is around for a few weeks in the summer. Or wants to gain experience of playing in warmer conditions

Grizzzly (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 16:05
Agree completely.

Of 14 Championship games, 9 (i.e approx. 2/3 of the total) are played in April/May & from 29 August onwards.

Weeks and weeks of the peak months sacrificed to T20 & vast swathes where Taunton will not be used at all.

What a dreadful waste.

Ah well, some good Championship stuff in April, May & June for yours truly to look forward to.

Grizzzly

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net