cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Moving from Muscat Minarets back to Bicknoller Towers for good in

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

cricketjerry-mouse
Justin Langer
cricketjerry-mouse (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 10:46
Justin Langer was today named as the new Australian coach and will be in charge for this summers five ODIs in England. He has a four-year contract.

Grizzzly
Re: Justin Langer
Grizzzly (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 10:58
Yes, congratulations & good luck to him.

A bit surprising however to see him describe David Warner as "a really great young bloke".

Grizzzly

AG on apple
AG on apple (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 12:30
No surprise.

Quite how an acolyte of Steve Waugh is considered likely to bring about the much-trumpeted 'change in culture,' of the Australian team is unclear?

One suspects that the Baggy Greens will ultimately pay no more than lip service to changing the culture, and will swiftly revert to type (sledging for fun and all the other dumb stuff that they do).

Clarence Parker
Clarence Parker (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 13:34
"Dumb stuff" like thrashing England 4 - 0 in the Ashes, I assume you mean, AGod.

AG on apple
AG on apple (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 13:44
So, should we assume, Clarence Parker, that you consider things like sledging, ball tampering and then lying about it etc to be, in some way, shape or form, an intelligent way to behave?

Mr Langer was so devoted to Steven Waugh that he earned the nickname "mini-Tugga," and it was Waugh who used the expression "mental disintegration," to describe the Aussie approach to sledging etc of which he (SRW) was such a strong advocate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2018 14:02 by AG on apple.

AG on apple
AG on apple (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 14:01
Here is a particularly well-written piece about this, with which I wholly concur:

[www.theroar.com.au]

Clarence Parker
03 May, 2018 14:09
"So, should we assume, Clarence Parker, that you consider things like sledging, ball tampering and then lying about it etc to be, in some way, shape or form, an intelligent way to behave?"

Ask the England players who have done similar things in the past AGod.

In the meantime, please assume whatever you wish in accordance with your own history.

AG on apple
AG on apple (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 16:40
But we weren't talking about the England players, Clarence Parker.

We were talking about the publicly professed desire, at least on behalf of the cricket board, to clean up the act of the Baggy Greens (same being long overdue).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2018 16:56 by AG on apple.

Bobstan
Bobstan (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 18:37
I agree 100% with AT and just above 0% with CP. AG even.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2018 18:38 by Bobstan.

Clarence Parker
03 May, 2018 19:13
If only I knew who or what "AT" is, my education would be complete.

Bobstan
Bobstan (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 07:41
Had you read the correction or addendum that I added within five minutes of my original post you would now be a self-confessed totally educated person, Clarence Parker.

Clarence Parker
04 May, 2018 09:08
Well Bobstan, if you are an educationalist, I can assure you that having read the correction or addendum that you added to your post, I am still not "a self-confessed totally educated person".

Frankly, with the tone of your response, I am happy and content to remain in that situation.

AG on apple
AG on apple (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 16:35
Apparently, Justin Langer has already stated that 'Sledging certainly has its place.'

I agree that it has its place .. the nearest bin but, somehow, I don't think that that was what was meant.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net