cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Somerset will or won't be Champions of the CC1 in

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
MESSAGES->author
Essex 50 over
Grockle (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 11:53
Another of the quick fire 50 over games this afternoon from Chelmsford where we take on Essex.

We know Tom Abell won't captain so we assume Trigger will

We know Max and RvdM will take on the spinning requirements

We assume Matt Renshaw is now back but Lewis Gregory remains in 'resting' mode

Tim, James and Steve will keep their places

Tom Banton will stay unless we've missed something

The rest will be the Overton's or the Meerkat and Ben Green has been included in the squad as a possible bowling/batting bolster at eight.

It all gets going in a couple of hours or so. Not sure whether there will be a video stream.

(Sm72)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/05/2018 08:44 by Grockle.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Essex 50 over
Grockle (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 12:35
You know those posts when you think.... .'I've missed something' but you can't think what it is and it bugs you?

Johann Myburgh might just play today as well!!!

Ahhhhhhhh peace.

(Sm72)

MESSAGES->author
Scrumper (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 12:41
I think there's a stream here...

[essex.ukcricket.tv]

I had to register.

MESSAGES->author
Grockle (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 12:49
The SCCC Match Centre is now accessible from the left hand menu. Sixth option down I believe (I don't control the first 3). It really should be on the Grockles TV one but nothing works on that as far as I am aware.

Whoops I tell a lie. There is video there now!!

There is also a left side link to the Somerset YouTube channel where there is quite an archive of good stuff to browse.

(Sm72)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 25/05/2018 13:51 by Grockle.

MESSAGES->author
Scrumper (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 13:40
Same team as v Sussex.

MESSAGES->author
Grockle (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 13:48
Let's hope they get off to a better start

(Sm72)

Tom Seymour
Tom Seymour (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 14:06
The wheel fell off the wagon in the Sussex game, and with it a change in the fortunes of the club this season. I know some posters will resolutely disagree with this.

Psychologically, Somerset have been their own worst enemies in the past. We lost for the first time and we will now probably lose this one kind of mentality. Heads have already dropped.

I have seen it too often in the past, and I do not believe that in the continued absence of captain Tom Abell, Hurry & Co. will have the wherewithal to lift the side back to winning ways for the time being.

I may be right or I may be wrong. It is after all a 50 over slog, so one mistake could swing the game either way.

Consider that Renshaw's batting will be crucial today. Essex are a good side.

A glass half - empty or a glass half - full?
Regardless, both glasses need filling up.

hantssabre
hantssabre (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 14:12
Can’t hear any commentary on the live stream. Is it just me or is the Essex service not up to Somerset’s standard?

Phrench Phil
Phrench Phil (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 14:17
Quote:
hantssabre
Can’t hear any commentary on the live stream. Is it just me or is the Essex service not up to Somerset’s standard?
No, it's not just you, Hants, there is no commentary at present, although it does seem as if it is trying and, indeed, has just come to life!

hantssabre
hantssabre (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 14:19
Same for me too! Shame there’s no on screen score

hantssabre
hantssabre (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 14:22
That was short lived!

Mike BOS
Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 14:23
Live scorecard [www.bbc.co.uk]

One wicket for Craig

MESSAGES->author
JuliaW (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 14:24
I just questioned the lack of captions and had a reply from the Essex tweeter saying that they are not available for the game today.

I keep losing the comms as well but perhaps that is a local issue on my phone?

hantssabre
hantssabre (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 14:24
Going around the park rather though

Phrench Phil
Phrench Phil (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 14:43
Perhaps a sign of the times that, despite what is a very good picture, I am frustrated both at the lack of commentary and captions.
What I would have given just a few years ago to have only a picture.
On another note, JOVE has now given away three wides in his first six overs.

AGod
AGod (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 14:57
Is anybody surprised?

I don't think he's ready for the first team at all at the moment, should be getting the miles in in the seconds.

Phrench Phil
Phrench Phil (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 15:52
Does anybody watching, live or on the stream, know what object just fell from JOVE's back?
The umpire was able to replace it, once JOVE stood still to let him, but I cannot figure out what the object might have been.

BristolRob
RadstockRob (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 16:07
Is anybody else losing comms every over on live feed?

hantssabre
hantssabre (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 16:11
I’ve given up on it. Watching test match instead and listening to radio commentary

Phrench Phil
Phrench Phil (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 16:13
I see Sussex are just trundling along at 3.6/over in pursuit of almost 300 against Middlesex, now requiring almost 7/over to win with three wickets down and, as luck would have it, they are without Luke Wright, he who won their match against us last time out.

hantssabre
hantssabre (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 16:28
And the Hampshire match is abandoned at Gloustershire

Phrench Phil
Phrench Phil (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 16:31
Quote:
hantssabre
And the Hampshire match is abandoned at Gloustershire
Which means we can't go top again this evening, even if we do win.

AGod
AGod (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 16:33
Well deserved for Tim.

I think that, for the second match in a row, the oppo is liable to end up 30-40 above par, though.

I think we should swap Renshaw and Trego based on the batting order from the most recent match.

hantssabre
hantssabre (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 16:54
Think we will do well to win this match the way it’s currently going

RRANDREWS
Old Boy! (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 17:16
Haven't been able to watch much today but just seen Cove bowl 5 consecutive balls between the popping and blue line outside the off stump, and all hit for runs. Presumably we have decided that it isn't necessary to bowl at the stumps on a length, or fuller the way we did in the first 3 or 4 games. If that sort of present form gets back to the selectors, then he could have come to the end of his test career. Such a shame because I had high hopes of him.

Old Boy!

AGod
AGod (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 17:56
That was also the tactic employed vs Sussex - it failed then, too.

Suspect it's a 'tactic,' that has come from the coaches..

AGod
AGod (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 18:12
Does Steven Davies even have an average in double figures for SCCC in white ball since he joined us?

Awful.

AGod
AGod (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 18:22
Mbys gone and, if I were a betting man, I'd have my coin on a heavy defeat. A second thoroughly indifferent performance in a row.

wsm fan
wsm fan (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 18:43
We have had 10 overs. Still 40 to go yet, how about at least giving us until half way before slitting the wrists.....

rodders12
rodders (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 18:44
If we are honest with our injuries the squad is just not strong enough for this format. The bowling is just about OK if not very penetrative and our batting is very light - another season of false hopes I fear as for the last 66 - now prove me wrong chaps.........in my dreams !

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net