cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Somerset will or won't be Champions of the CC1 in

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Grizzzly
Abba - 14th September
Grizzzly (IP Logged)
22 July, 2018 17:11
Plenty of marketing being done for this event, which is only four days before our potentially vital Championship home game v. Surrey.

Forgive my ignorance, but is there not a risk of damage to the playing surface & outfield ?

The timing od the show does seem less than ideal.

Grizzzly

AG on apple
Re: Abba - 14th September
AG on apple (IP Logged)
23 July, 2018 12:35
I'd say there's a super chance that having all of those people trooping over the outfield, could cause a major problem, which would be a tragedy.

Then again, maybe it might liven up the pitch so much that Jamie Overton might be able to make the Surrey batsmen dance like queens, and thus sending Surrey back to Kennington via Waterloo with their tails between their legs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/07/2018 12:38 by AG on apple.

Nailsea_Fizz
Nailsea_Fizz (IP Logged)
23 July, 2018 13:49
I thought the Bee Gees did tragedy

AG on apple
AG on apple (IP Logged)
23 July, 2018 13:55
So they did. My bad.

Not forgetting 'Steps,' of course..

MESSAGES->author
Grockle (IP Logged)
23 July, 2018 14:07
Can we please forget Steps?

(Sm72)

Shepton Paul 2
Shepton Paul 2 (IP Logged)
23 July, 2018 21:51
Tres has made a whole career forgetting steps...well, at least it makes a change from my Rory Burns gag.

Wickham
Wickham (IP Logged)
24 July, 2018 07:23
Is this Zaheer Abbas?

Mike BOS
Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
24 July, 2018 07:38
Like the Surrey match - The winner takes it all.

AG on apple
AG on apple (IP Logged)
24 July, 2018 09:42
Very good!!

cricketjerry-mouse
cricketjerry-mouse (IP Logged)
24 July, 2018 18:33
At least Somerset supporters won`t suffer as much as Lancashire ones from the appearance of two pop has-beens - a West End Abba tribute concert and Liam Gallagher.

Old Trafford staged its last county championship match of the season today on July 24 (the 118-run defeat by Yorkshire), with the ground closed for the rest of the summer to prepare for the L.Gallagher concert and to protect the outfield for next year`s World Cup.

Four of their last five c.c.matches are away, and the fifth at Southport.

And to add to today`s woes, Lancashire were deducted a point for a slow over rate, and now sit just a point above a relegation place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/07/2018 18:38 by cricketjerry-mouse.

MESSAGES->author
Scrumper (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 00:48
Are we really going to fill the ground with these ABBA mimics? We sad people we have become.

Clarence Parker
Clarence Parker (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 08:20
Isn't it better to fill the ground with "sad people" than to have to pay more for Club membership next season? As a member, I would hope so . I wish the Club every success, tolerating people who may think that watching cricket all day is for " sad people." Take a chance on me.

Grizzzly
Grizzzly (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 15:39
This would seem to sum things up:

[www.youtube.com]

Don't mind the event. Just a bit concerned that it may mess up the playing area, four days before the match v. Surrey.

Wonder what the Head Groundsman thinks ?

Grizzzly

Roger ivanhoe
Roger ivanhoe (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 17:09
I was told that the Stage area will be in front of the C.A. Pavilion, making use of Long Room, CA Seating, and Botham Stand etc

Also understand only around 1500 tickets will be sold.

Those details may well have changed as that was the info given to me a couple of months ago.

Loyal of Lhasa
Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 20:35
I can only assume that this function is some sort of tribute to ABBAs Ali Baig, once of our parish.

LoL

Seventy Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net