cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Somerset will or won't be Champions of the CC1 in

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

philboulter
T20 Finals day prices
philboulter (IP Logged)
28 August, 2018 18:48
I am somewhat confused - tickets are on sale tomorrow for the finals at £76, and yet I have just logged on to Edgebaston and they are available for purchase (I stopped just short of clicking the confirmation) for only £26?

Obviously it is better to sit among the cidermen (and women) - but £50 extra!!!!!!

MESSAGES->author
Re: T20 Finals day prices
Grockle (IP Logged)
28 August, 2018 19:47
I don't think they will get cheaper at Taunton Phil

(Sm72)

Bagpuss
Bagpuss (IP Logged)
28 August, 2018 23:12
The £26 price us for U16 tickets. Plus if you try to click to carry on it says no ticket available.

doc h
doc h (IP Logged)
29 August, 2018 13:03
If you haven’t got a ticket by now you won’t get one. Phone lines are closed

doc h
doc h (IP Logged)
29 August, 2018 15:47
An utter farce at the County Ground today.
A queue of about 70 people, most of whom were there by 1145 for the 1200 ticket sale
. Waited for 2 hours, then about 20 of us were told that they had run out.
They closed the phone lines about 1300
Badly mismanaged , could they not have polled how many tickets were required and held them back? Maybe opened the phone lines a bit later?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/08/2018 15:50 by doc h.

Roger ivanhoe
Roger ivanhoe (IP Logged)
29 August, 2018 15:59
With only 500 tickets available it was clearly obvious that many supporters would go away disappointed.
With people queing from 8.30 this morning, it really is not the clubs fault.

With 70% of the tickets for the T20 final sold before the season started its was going to be a lottery.

Worcester members faced the same problems today.

Railboy
Railboy (IP Logged)
29 August, 2018 16:15
ECB launched the sale of these tickets on Mumsnet a couple months ago, snapped up quickly.

Yet another huge slap in the face for supporters of cricket clubs. How do we register a vote of no confidence in the administration of OUR game?

phantom74
phantom74 (IP Logged)
30 August, 2018 12:59
Quote:
doc h
An utter farce at the County Ground today.
A queue of about 70 people, most of whom were there by 1145 for the 1200 ticket sale
. Waited for 2 hours, then about 20 of us were told that they had run out.
They closed the phone lines about 1300
Badly mismanaged , could they not have polled how many tickets were required and held them back? Maybe opened the phone lines a bit later?

I believe Somerset get a lot of things wrong ticketing wise, but this time I'm not sure any fault can be put at the club
With only 500 tickets being available it was clear from the start that there would be more demand than actual ticket availability.
Considering ticket sales started at 12, to keep the phone lines open as long as they did is a surprise, what amazes me people think they can stroll up 15 minutes before they went on sale and still get one of the limited numbers of tickets.

By the way I am in the same boat as you, I didn't get a ticket either

phantom74
phantom74 (IP Logged)
30 August, 2018 13:01
Quote:
Railboy
ECB launched the sale of these tickets on Mumsnet a couple months ago, snapped up quickly.
Yet another huge slap in the face for supporters of cricket clubs. How do we register a vote of no confidence in the administration of OUR game?

Seeing that individual tickets are on resale sites STARTING at £150+ the clear message going forward is to buy a required number of tickets and if they are not required just put them online to resell and also have the added bonus of a nice profit being made

MESSAGES->author
Grockle (IP Logged)
30 August, 2018 13:17
Sorry you didn't get one Phantom. You are right, you won't be alone.

With a capacity of 24,000 I don't see why an allocation of 2000 per club would have been unreasonable. There would still be people who didn't get them but the fans of the clubs would be there in force and have a decent chance, the second level ticket sites would not make a fortune and there would still be 16,000 tickets for the ground to sell for it's own coffers.

Just greed as far as I can see and a total lack of concern about the actual point of the event in the first place. The Tv rights are where the money is why fleece the live punters as well.

(Sm72)

Kilmainham
Kilmainham (IP Logged)
30 August, 2018 20:51
I disagree with some here. In my view the club are at fault. With only 500 tickets available there is no way the policy they opted for should have been given the light of day. Members queuing up in person, others in a queue on the phone (if they got through at all), after which it all came down to first come first served policy which meant the clubs line about a 48 hour priority window policy was a farce if people were turning up and buying face to face whilst others battled with the luck of the draw on the phone line. Did they not also realise that many would be at Headingly.

I am really pleased to hear that both Farmer and WSM got tickets as you both deserve this.

If in the future should this situation regarding shortage of tickets arise again, all that needs to take place is this. All members that are ELIGIBLE to apply have a window of opportunity to register their application. Once that is closed if there are more members applying than there are tickets, then a random ballot will take place to determine the sucessful members. It really is that simple.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/08/2018 22:33 by Kilmainham.

wsm fan
wsm fan (IP Logged)
30 August, 2018 23:10
Thanks Kilmainham & Wickham for their kind messages.

Delighted i was lucky enough to secure a ticket, just lucky dip on the phone.
Really don't see a satisfactory solution.
Supply was just no way near demand.

Maybe some kind of loyalty system.
I did all.7 home group games, the quarter final and Bristol & Cardiff away. No doubt some others did more away trips too.
For me loyalty should be rewarded but accept it's not straight forward and many would like to go more often but circumstances prevent doing so.

Only 16 days to go.....

MESSAGES->author
Scrumper (IP Logged)
30 August, 2018 23:39
I see no point having an issue with SCCC given the joke ticket allocation.

MESSAGES->author
Scrumper (IP Logged)
31 August, 2018 20:19

MESSAGES->author
Grockle (IP Logged)
31 August, 2018 22:44
Gosh! They think fans are disgruntled because they dropped the allocation from 800 to 500!!

They really have no bloody idea do they?

(Sm72)

wsm fan
wsm fan (IP Logged)
06 September, 2018 20:30
I heard of a colleague in another office today having purchased 4 tickets for £800 in total!
2 of their party pulled out so he was offering them for £400 the pair, they went inside 45mins!

Popular party we have got ourselves an invite too here!

MESSAGES->author
Grockle (IP Logged)
06 September, 2018 22:12
There was a Radio report on Viagogo the secondary ticket site today which is fighting to keep its nose in the trough across Europe at the moment. A big stink over Ed Sheeran tickets which it is selling but the artists management won't accept at the venues.

It is just a joke that this is allowed - it is legalised touting like Wonga.com is legalised loan sharking.

(Sm72)

Bagpuss
Bagpuss (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 10:13
The club have just posted on Twitter they have 14 tickets that they will ballot at midday today. Details on the news page of the club site.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net