cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 25TH ANNIVERSARY season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket after Notts at Taunton will be in

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

MESSAGES->author
Re: fixtures 2019
Grockle (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 00:28
Laat buses out of Taunton are gone by 8ish.

(Sm72)

Roger ivanhoe
Roger ivanhoe (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 16:01
7pm start for floodlight games leaves it very tight to comply with the conditions of the floodlights receiving planning permission.
Any delays before or during the match the umpires will not be able to add time, as sometimes happens.

wsm fan
wsm fan (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 16:51
We have some scope for dimming the lights at the end.
So making safe for spectator ecit but not on full power and illuminating the Taunton skyline after the last ball

wsm fan
wsm fan (IP Logged)
13 December, 2018 16:06
Champo away v Essex at Chelmsford now starts SUNDAY June23 not the Monday

Somerset LaLaLa
Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
13 December, 2018 21:30
But that's on a weekend?

Bagpuss
Bagpuss (IP Logged)
14 December, 2018 09:31
So far Surrey, Gloucestershire and Derbyshire have each moved one of their home matches to a Sunday start. Essex have moved two.

Mike BOS
Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
14 December, 2018 09:41
I wonder if this is due to complaints from members about there is not much cricket at weekends.

The ECB are looking like mugs if the clubs are able to do that.

MESSAGES->author
Grockle (IP Logged)
16 December, 2018 19:19
They look like mugs anyway so nothing new there.

(Sm72)

BeefyRoberts
BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
21 December, 2018 11:16
MTWD poster popping on!
Middlesex have moved 2 county games as well,both to start on a Sunday.
1 game at Lord's and one at outground Radlett.
It still puzzles myself,and probably every county member across all 18 counties why the fools at ECB didn't arrange the moved fixtures to start on a Sunday originally.

Somerset LaLaLa
Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
21 December, 2018 11:40
Counties get a lot of £££ from corporate hospitality which is more lucrative during the working week, or
The ECB want to get rid of the championship, or
They couldn't organise, well anything really

Good luck to Middlesex next season

cricketharris
cricketharris (IP Logged)
21 December, 2018 17:06
Seems very strange to me that the fixtues weren’t initially issued to the counties in draft form for their “approval”. Surely the first they saw of them wasn’t when they were published to the general public. How it good it was when each county issued draft lists, soetimes two or three, before the final list was published. Now Big Brother ECB want to dictate every minutiae for no sensible reason.

Ajay
Re: 2019 FIXTURES
Ajay (IP Logged)
26 January, 2019 14:44
For those of you that like to watch some 2nd XI cricket the 2019 fixtures are now available on the club website.

Quite a few days of home cricket in late March and April.

3 days at Taunton Vale starting Monday 25th March anybody!

cricketjerry-mouse
cricketjerry-mouse (IP Logged)
26 January, 2019 22:59
Somerset have done well to be awarded the home match with newly-promoted Kent as the first of the championship season, followed a fortnight later by the home 50-over fixture.

For both Kent`s skipper Sam Billing and their most experienced player,Joe Denly, will be away with the IPL at the time.

Billings could also miss the return championship match at Canterbury in June and the T20 fixture there in July, as both clash with the ICC World Cup - and he must be a 50/50 shot to make the England squad.

wsm fan
wsm fan (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 13:28
£2m spent on posh new floodlights.

Ww have 7 T20s and only 4 start after 5pm!

6.30pm on a sunny July/Aug Friday i guess we may get 10 overs use a match!

We have 2 Saturday August T20s, direct clash with football season & club cricket so we start 6.30/7pm to try & allow many to attend?
Nope, Aug 10 4pm Aug 24 5pm, stopping loads of dual fans attending.
Can't believe Sky want a 4pm Saturday slot?

I'm clearly missing something?
The club can not possibly think 4pm 5pm Saturday T20s will be popular for a lot of our members?

Can anybody help?

I can come up with a cynical view its an ECB dictate to ensure T20 blast attendances are lower in 2019 to show the need for a new 100 ball franchise competition to save the domestic game but..........

MESSAGES->author
Grizzzly (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 18:33
Very good points WsM.

The ECB need some shine some 'light' of their own on their strategy, which presently seems foggy in more ways than one.

Grizzzly

Bagpuss
Bagpuss (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 18:55
Playing devils advocate 6.30 starts if you have youngish kids makes for a very late finish - close to 10, extends to 11 by the time you get home. And talking of transport this may also be a factor - public transport at weekends is even poorer than weekday evenings, and the council may have been less than generous with their park-and-ride hours.

Cleavo
Cleavo (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 22:10
Some good points made WSM fan.

The start and end of cricket season always overlaps with both the football/rugby seasons.

Maybe Sky are covering the two Saturday T20s starting at 4pm and 5pm. Sadly TV companies have far bigger say these days on all major sports without any thought towards dual fans who watch both cricket and football.

I’m certain they’ll be covering the 4pm one on Saturday 10th August as it’s part of a double header with the Western Storm.

Gloucestershire and Glamorgan’s home T20s also start 6:30pm on weekdays when trains run later as do a lot of other counties I believe.

We are able to use the floodlights for CC matches as and when required should the light deteriorate, so that is one major plus. Could make all the difference if we’re chasing the title at the end of the season.

Roger ivanhoe
Roger ivanhoe (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 09:00
SKY do have a dedicated Cricket Channel, so schedules should be easier.
However they also put games on Sky One main event and Sky Two sports, which I think are the normal channels available on the Sports package.

cricketharris
20 February, 2019 15:26
I see that, according to an announcement on the SCCC website, the T20 game against Glamorgan in August will be over in two hours. Dangerous to be so over-confident, I would have thought.

BristolRob
RadstockRob (IP Logged)
20 February, 2019 17:42
I suggest you read it again cricketharris!

The start time has changed from 17.00 to 19.00.

Two hours later than original start time.

SOMERSET THE TEAM TO WATCH.

cricketharris
20 February, 2019 18:42
Thanks, I’m easily confused

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/02/2019 18:45 by cricketharris.

wsm fan
wsm fan (IP Logged)
20 February, 2019 19:11
I was saying.....

Quote:
wsm fan
£2m spent on posh new floodlights.
Ww have 7 T20s and only 4 start after 5pm!

6.30pm on a sunny July/Aug Friday i guess we may get 10 overs use a match!

We have 2 Saturday August T20s, direct clash with football season & club cricket so we start 6.30/7pm to try & allow many to attend?
Nope, Aug 10 4pm Aug 24 5pm, stopping loads of dual fans attending.
Can't believe Sky want a 4pm Saturday slot?

I'm clearly missing something?
The club can not possibly think 4pm 5pm Saturday T20s will be popular for a lot of our members?

Can anybody help?

I can come up with a cynical view its an ECB dictate to ensure T20 blast attendances are lower in 2019 to show the need for a new 100 ball franchise competition to save the domestic game but..........

MESSAGES->author
Grockle (IP Logged)
20 February, 2019 21:40
Might be that the plan started when day/night CC1 was seen as more of an option given that they would be played in the almost 'winter' months?

No idea really not surprised about that either.

(Sm72)

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net