cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. WELCOME to the 25TH ANNIVERSARY season of Grockles. My next live cricket at Taunton after the Kent game will be in

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

MESSAGES->author
Number Two ?
Grizzzly (IP Logged)
27 December, 2018 18:21
So who is most likely to nail down the number two slot as we head into 2019 ?

Byrom ?

Bartlett ?

Banton ?

Abell ? (In which case who gets number 5 ?)

A.N. other ?

I have a sneaking feeling that GB may step up to the plate, albeit right now the role appears wide open for the taking.

Grizzzly

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/12/2018 19:29 by Grizzzly.

Bagpuss
Re: Number three ?
Bagpuss (IP Logged)
27 December, 2018 18:41
Azhar Ali?

MESSAGES->author
Grizzzly (IP Logged)
27 December, 2018 18:58
Assumed he would open with MT.

If not, change the question to "Number 2 ?"

Grizzzly

Railboy
Railboy (IP Logged)
27 December, 2018 18:58
Yep, I assumed Azar Ali for No 3. I think it’s opening berths that are up for grabs. I think Tom Lamonby and maybe even Will Smeed will also be in the equation with those above.
Personally I would like to see the skipper resume his role at the top of the order and the young tyros battle over no5 as well as keep the pressure on Tres and Steve Davies.

MESSAGES->author
Grockle (IP Logged)
27 December, 2018 19:24
Yep Azhar Ali at three.

Eddie or Tom B at 2 I would imagine

Depends whether they think Tom would be a number five or six with Tom Abell

(Sm72)

MESSAGES->author
Re: Number Two ?
Grizzzly (IP Logged)
27 December, 2018 19:31
Have changed the thread Title, given AA will be at three.

I think my brain has had too much Xmas pud. !

Grizzzly

cricketjerry-mouse
cricketjerry-mouse (IP Logged)
28 December, 2018 09:49
Ben Green. He was in possession late last season until injured - and gives yet another bowling option.

Angell Face
Angell Face (IP Logged)
28 December, 2018 12:15
I'd go for Byrom initially. He gives me the impression of a man who is very reluctant to give his wicket away, just what you want from one of your openers. I didn't see it but I'm told that his half century at Guildford last year was a very gutsy performance.

Farmer White
Farmer White (IP Logged)
28 December, 2018 13:29
As was Byrom's innings against Essex at Chelmsford where he played Wagner's leg theory better than anyone. These were my impressions at the time:

"Byrom repeatedly got up on his toes, lifted his shoulder, got the bat above the ball and played it down to fine leg for a single. It must have taken an enormous well of skill, guts, concentration and focus to play those balls like that. He never looked entirely comfortable, I am not sure anyone would against that mode of attack, but he gave confidence that he had found the technique to combat Wagner."

Farmer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net