Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 25TH ANNIVERSARY season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket after Notts at Taunton will be in

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10
AGod
AGod
25 April, 2019 12:41
It never rains, but it pours...

cricketjerry-mouse
cricketjerry-mouse
25 April, 2019 12:44
Doesn`t look good for Sam Billings. He had to have oxygen after injuring his shoulder fielding in the very first over.

AGod
AGod
25 April, 2019 12:54
Was he in line for the World Cup squad? I've lost track.

hantssabre
hantssabre
25 April, 2019 13:19
Billings not in the provisional 15 and with Buttler and Bairstow the keepers would think it’s unlikely he would get in. Highly overrated player on my opinion anyway.

MESSAGES->author
Bagpuss
29 April, 2019 11:35
Alex Hales has been dropped from England's squad for the ODIs v Ireland and Pakistan, as well as from the World Cup squad following the revelation that he is currently serving a 21 day ban for failing a second time testing for a recreational drug. The ban would have been served before the first England match at the end of this week.

James Vince has been called up as his replacement.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/04/2019 11:36 by Bagpuss.

hantssabre
hantssabre
29 April, 2019 13:31
Where did you find the news of James Vince Bagpuss only cant see anything official anywhere yet?

MESSAGES->author
Bagpuss
29 April, 2019 16:43
I heard it on a BBC news bulletin. Now saying Vince in for Pakistan ODIs. Jason Rpy out pf the Ireland ODI and the Pakistan T20 with a back spasm. Duckett and Malan in for the Ireland match and Duckett for the Pakistan T20

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/04/2019 16:50 by Bagpuss.

Somerset LaLaLa
Somerset LaLaLa
29 April, 2019 17:13
So Malan not playing at Radlett and Vince won't be seeing us on Sunday?

cricketjerry-mouse
cricketjerry-mouse
29 April, 2019 22:51
Is that the Duckett who would have scored a king pair for Notts against Somerset in the recent championship match, if he hadn`t been dropped first ball in his second knock? In fact, he managed 0 and 4

cricketjerry-mouse
cricketjerry-mouse
29 April, 2019 23:13
It would be difficult to think of a more pusillanimous coverage of the current England one-day squad troubles than that on the Nottinghamshire website.

It lauds to the hills the late selection of Ben Duckett for the squads against Ireland and Pakistan, but conveniently fails to mention he is replacing county colleague Alex Hale, discarded because of his drugs ban.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 30/04/2019 00:14 by cricketjerry-mouse.

MESSAGES->author
Grockle
30 April, 2019 01:08
Is that also the Ben Ducket who hasn't exactly covered himself in personal glory with behaviour abroad while furthering his international career. Hasn't he been sent home before now?

(Sm72)

nelliec
nelliec
30 April, 2019 09:35
The ECB are already downgrading the Royal London with the Irish and Pakistani internationals already taking the best players away from their counties.This is obviously why it was brought forward this year!!!!

cricketjerry-mouse
cricketjerry-mouse
30 April, 2019 10:12
Ben Duckett was suspended from a Lions tour of Australia, Grockle, after touring beer over James Anderson`s head in a Perth bar.

Hugely ironically, he was replaced on that tour by Joe Clarke, now a Nottinghamshire team mate, who himself was suspended from Lions participation, along with Yorkshire`s Tom Kohler-Cadmore, in January of this year, after unsavoury evidence emerged at the first rape trial of former Worcestershire colleague Alex Hepburn.

Bobstan
Bobstan
30 April, 2019 10:35
John Arlott always used to say that he had only ever known two professional cricketers who were bad people. I wonder whether he would be able to say that now.

Somerset LaLaLa
Somerset LaLaLa
30 April, 2019 18:52
An interesting read from Vic:

[www.theguardian.com]

Wickham
Wickham
01 May, 2019 04:24
A comment (in Vic’s piece) by a former Somerset Chairman which we can all applaud.

Sloop John B
Sloop John B
01 May, 2019 08:39
Indeed Wickham. Even with expletive!
Had forgotten Fred's role in setting up pca.

Shepton Paul 2
Shepton Paul 2
01 May, 2019 08:58
Thanks for that link SLLL. I'm intrigued by the photo: is it a Somerset team walking off (Rumsey was slightly before my time so I don't recognise anybody), and where is it? Looks a bit like Guildford, but not convincingly so...?

Wickham
Wickham
01 May, 2019 09:06
Yes, they are Somerset players. The player on the right is Graham Atkinson and I think the other two are Brian Langford and Terry Willetts, but I stand ready to be corrected.

Clarence Parker
Clarence Parker
01 May, 2019 10:54
I think that the player to the rear is Brian Roe, and the one to the fore could be Brian Langford.

I agree with Graham Atkinson.

MisterMurph
MisterMurph
02 May, 2019 08:50
Do Somerset have a 2nd overseas 20:20 player? There is a fantastic young South African who hasn’t made it in to the SA WC squad but looks like he’ll play for Kent. As a hard hitting all rounder and more importantly a most humble and polite chap, I will wish Wiaan Mulder every success this year.

wsm fan
wsm fan
02 May, 2019 10:11
Azhar Ali to be the second T20 overseas player, you heard it here first!

Absolutely no source whatsoever just the longer it goes without announcing one the more likely the simplest option becomes Azhar......

Wickham
Wickham
02 May, 2019 10:43
I now think that CP is correct and that my initial view was wrong - on reflection, I agree that the player in the middle is probably Brian Roe.

Shepton Paul 2
Shepton Paul 2
02 May, 2019 14:06
Thanks chaps; anyone know WHERE the photo was taken?

Bobstan
Bobstan
02 May, 2019 14:18
I have no idea where it was, but I'd like it if Clarence Parker was able to say that it was at Clarence Park.

For the National President of the Pedants' Society: I do know that the conditional should be followed by the subjunctive.

Roger ivanhoe
Roger ivanhoe
02 May, 2019 14:21
Looks like Weston to me.

Bobstan
Bobstan
02 May, 2019 14:40
Ah thanks, Roger. I hope CP can still confirm this.

nelliec
nelliec
02 May, 2019 17:58
Looks like a very close finish between Hants and Sussex..AHants win would give us a better chance of winning the group I think

hantssabre
hantssabre
02 May, 2019 18:06
My money is on Sussex right now unless they can get Wiese out

hantssabre
hantssabre
02 May, 2019 18:51
Well that was close! Mason Crane saves the day for Hampshire

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.