cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. WELCOME to the 25TH ANNIVERSARY season of Grockles. My next live cricket at Taunton after the Kent game will be in

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Grockles.com
A Month Out
Grockles.com (IP Logged)
04 March, 2019 03:03
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/03/2019 13:30 by Grockle.

Bagpuss
Re: A Month Out
Bagpuss (IP Logged)
04 March, 2019 08:34
Reminder that it's one down, three up in the Championship this season, establishing a 10-team CC1 for 2020.

MESSAGES->author
Grockle (IP Logged)
04 March, 2019 10:04
We need to acutely aware of that prospect all season I think.

(Sm72)

Loyal of Lhasa
Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
04 March, 2019 16:38
Thanks for a cheerful and positive prelude to whet the appetite for another great season.

I noted the wording at the head of the Messages page:

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Somerset will be looking once more for the chance to become Champions of the CC1 in ...

and I thought how good it would be to see a similar paragraph in twelve months from now, with just a tiny tweak to the word order:

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Somerset will be looking for the chance to become Champions once more of the CC1 in ...

LoL

Seventy-one Seasons a Somerset Supporter

MESSAGES->author
Grockle (IP Logged)
04 March, 2019 17:45
It hss been there for a couple of seasons LoL so I'd be very happy to change it for that next year. Having re-read what I wrote now I'm not sure if your 'positive' comment was tongue in cheek or not. The mood walks a fine line between excitement and something else not so happy!

I put it down to being an old Economist who follows too much news about Donald J.

(Sm72)

Somerset LaLaLa
Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
05 March, 2019 08:08
"The 50 over competition has been downgraded..." in a year England may be World Cup champions. You couldn't make that up Grockle

MESSAGES->author
Grockle (IP Logged)
06 March, 2019 02:47
Well you could SLLL but no one would believe it as fantasy

(Sm72)

MESSAGES->author
Grockle (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 09:50
Here's the most comprehensive explanationof the 100 for you all.

[www.espncricinfo.com]

(Sm72)

Wickham
Wickham (IP Logged)
16 March, 2019 04:14
I think I prefer concise descriptions of the 100 and I have a few pithy descriptions of my own.

Bobstan
Bobstan (IP Logged)
16 March, 2019 08:22
Ah, pithy with a 'th'.

The whole concept is pith poor.

Somerset LaLaLa
Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
18 March, 2019 22:33
Club announcing free entry for NHS employees on day 2 (Saturday) of the Kent game.

So there should be plenty of assistance for anyone else who suffers being out in the cold all day

Clarence Parker
Clarence Parker (IP Logged)
19 March, 2019 09:05
Well, I think it is a very fine gesture by the Club to acknowledge the hard work, professionalism and dedication of our wonderful NHS - an organisation which I will fight to the last to defend.

Shepton Paul 2
Shepton Paul 2 (IP Logged)
19 March, 2019 13:57
I saw stuff on Facebook yesterday about SCCC's link-up with the NHS - there's an obvious Joverton gag there from which I shall refrain...

Clarence Parker
Clarence Parker (IP Logged)
19 March, 2019 14:22
Oh, come on Paul - don't be a spoilsport.

Bagpuss
Bagpuss (IP Logged)
25 March, 2019 13:07
I recommend you all to an article on Being Outside Cricket - A Hundred Reasons Why (The Hundred Won't Work)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net