cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Somerset will be once more looking to become Champions of the CC1 in

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

mikeindex
cricket around the world
mikeindex (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 11:45
Nice little site here live-streaming the Afghanistan v Ireland Test match (where our former great hope George has been distinguishing himself with the bat, unlike most of his team-mates):

[www.cricketworld.com]

Not just visuals, they have moving cameras, replays and quite sensible commentary.

Loyal of Lhasa
Re: cricket around the world
Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 19:53
The tragic events in Christchurch in the peaceable land of New Zealand can in no way be laid at that country's door. Cricket lovers will be relieved that the Bangladesh team did not arrive at the mosque five minutes earlier and the decision to cancel the Test Match and allow the visitors to return home is entiely right in the circumstances.

LoL

Seventy Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Wickham
Wickham (IP Logged)
16 March, 2019 04:19
I completely agree, LoL.

Christchurch has still not recovered from the effects of the earthquake and this horrific attack is another bodyblow. Jacinta Abernathy’s, who seems a most impressive woman, spoke very well about this being an attack on the whole country.

Shepton Paul 2
Shepton Paul 2 (IP Logged)
16 March, 2019 13:41
Hear hear, Wickham's and LoL

Farmer White
Farmer White (IP Logged)
16 March, 2019 16:40
An exceptional response by the NZ Prime Minister, and a very young Prime Minister at that, to an incident, the horror and iniquity of which are beyond description. May the survivors of the incident, including the Bangladeshi cricket team who came so close to being in the mosque, and the families and friends of the victims who lost their lives, find some peace. Although how is beyond imagining. May their faith bring them some relief. Beyond that words fail.

Shepton Paul 2
25 March, 2019 17:20
Wow! Jos just Mankaded by Ashwin at IPL. Yes, he's out, but I hate that. Absolutely hate it.

Loyal of Lhasa
Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
25 March, 2019 17:56
That will teach you not to watch the IPL!

LoL

Seventy Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Shepton Paul 2
25 March, 2019 18:09
I know LoL, I know - serves me right đŸ˜•

cricketjerry-mouse
cricketjerry-mouse (IP Logged)
25 March, 2019 18:17
Anyone who saw the IPL running-out of Jos Buttler at the IPL today will have little doubt that Ravi Ashwin has overtaken Murali Kartik as the most unpleasant Indian cricketer on the international circuit.

Jos (69 from 43 balls) was taking the game away from the Kings XI Punjab when Aswin stopped in mid-delivery, waited for Buttler to move out of his crease - and took the bails off.

It doesn`t come more calculating nasty than that. On the only previous occasion it has happened in the IPL, the bowler apologised to the batter at the end of the match. I`m not betting my mortgage on Ashwin doing the same.

Strange that the two most notable victims in recent times - Buttler and Alex Barrow - used to open the batting together at King`s College, Taunton

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/03/2019 18:43 by cricketjerry-mouse.

btry1
btry1 (IP Logged)
25 March, 2019 21:30
perhaps its because they can't get buttler out any other way
#cutitoutashwin

Bagpuss
Bagpuss (IP Logged)
25 March, 2019 21:32
To be Mankaded once in one's career may be regarded as a misfortune, for it to happen twice looks like carelessness.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net