cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. WELCOME to the 25TH ANNIVERSARY season of Grockles. My next live cricket at Taunton after the Kent game will be in

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

TRM
Women's County Cricket Day - Bank Holiday Monday 6th May
TRM (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 14:52
Hi folks.

Apologies for invading your forum!

Some of you may be aware that Women's County Cricket Day takes place on 6th May. With the distinct reduction in weekend (and Bank Holiday) county cricket this season, it seemed like a good opportunity to encourage county members and supporters all over the country to go and watch their women's team and show your support!

Somerset play at home to Durham that day at Taunton Vale. It's a 50-over game in the Royal London One-Day Cup (or County Championship, if you prefer). 11 am start. Admission is free!

If you can't get to the match that day, then Somerset have the following home fixtures throughout May and June:

50 overs

Sunday 5th May v Wales (Taunton Vale)
Monday 6th May v Durham (Taunton Vale)
Sunday 2nd June v Devon (Taunton Vale)

T20

Sunday 9th June v Essex (10.30) and Taunton (4.30) - Taunton School
Sunday 23rd June v Scotland (10.30) and Devon (4.30) - Taunton Deane CC

You can read more about WCCD here...

[www.crickether.com]

And you can follow us on Twitter - @womenscricday

MESSAGES->author
Re: Women's County Cricket Day - Bank Holiday Monday 6th May
Grockle (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 16:21
Welcome any time TRM. It's a Somerset cricket forum so you have as much right to it as anyone plesse don't apologise.

Thanks for the info.

(Sm72)

TRM
TRM (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 16:37
Even if I'm not actually a Somerset supporter...? (Sm6)

Bagpuss
Bagpuss (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 16:45
Some would argue that a few of our regular posters don't seem to be Somerset supporters...

wsm fan
wsm fan (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 17:48
I would certainly concur with that Bagpuss 😉

mikeindex
mikeindex (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 19:58
Welcome to Grockles TRM. You are not the first avowed non-Somerset-supporter to venture here, many of whom survive.
Many thanks for your announcement of the ladies' county programme which might otherwise have passed some of us by. I would recommend women's cricket to any true lover of the game, and anyone intending to watch cricket at Taunton Vale - a magnificently equipped club ground with no pretensions to first-class amenities - to take (as a minimum) a folding chair with them.

MESSAGES->author
Grockle (IP Logged)
09 April, 2019 01:00
Not a requirement TRM.

We are an independent Somerset cricket site first and foremost. Anything Somerset related and lots of things not have passed through the portals and your stuff was more relevant than quite a lot.

We do have many supporters online but it's never been a necessary qualification.

(Sm72)

TRM
TRM (IP Logged)
09 April, 2019 09:01
Your all very kind!

I'm actually a Worcs supporter, but would claim Somerset as a 'soft spot' - numerous holidays in the West Country, and born in 68, so Ian Terrence Botham was a huge hero during my formative years.

Been following England's women for a few years - first time I watched them was actually at Taunton in the 2009 World T20 - I steadily went pink in the Trescothick Stand one Sunday afternoon...

A few of us felt the county game deserved a bit of promotion so we've cobbled this little campaign together 'Heath Robinson' style to see how far we get. Some great support from some counties so far (Somerset most definitely included) and it has definitely exceeded our expectations, but as far as translating into spectators at games goes, our ambitions are very modest. If anyone fancies watching Somerset on 6th My at the Vale then please go along - I hope you enjoy it and would be very interested in feedback afterwards.

Sloop John B
Sloop John B (IP Logged)
09 April, 2019 09:15
All power to your elbow TRM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net