Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 25TH ANNIVERSARY season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket after Notts at Taunton will be in

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
nelliec
nelliec
17 April, 2019 19:37
Banton has got to be a direct replacement for Myburgh but to open with who assuming Trego bats at 3.Ali rather than Davis or Byrom would be my choice.

AGod
AGod
17 April, 2019 19:42
I guess another one in the eye for Grumpy Gus then?

Great to see Banton is such explosive form.

Shame about Surrey.

Onwards and upwards.

mikeindex
mikeindex
17 April, 2019 21:40
Having left Tom B out of my starting XI for Friday on Facebook I have reviewed my position. Whom to leave out is trickier - we simply have far too many good players.
Strangely, no remotely close matches in today's games - and all won by the side batting first. I share the general sympathy for Surrey - Worcs' game was another that might have been expected to be one-sided the other way.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 17/04/2019 21:50 by mikeindex.

cricketjerry-mouse
cricketjerry-mouse
17 April, 2019 23:48
The Banton and Byrom centuries and Ben Green`s 7-42 were achieved against a Middlesex side of near championship content (six played in their last cc match) and on home territory.

Surely Banton is a cast-iron selection for Friday now, and on the back of Green`s useful batting last season as well as his seven wickets today, I would take a punt on him and not play a spinner this early in the season.

MESSAGES->author
Scrumper
18 April, 2019 00:17
What about Byrom?

nelliec
nelliec
18 April, 2019 08:20
We haven't even considered Bartlett. Is this the year the three 'B"s all establish first team status.

MESSAGES->author
Grockle
18 April, 2019 09:05
What is the UK start time tomorrow people?

(Sm72)

Mike BOS
Mike TA1
18 April, 2019 09:30
Nothing on the clubs website, on the BBC fixtures it says start is 11am.

Roger ivanhoe
Roger ivanhoe
18 April, 2019 10:52
In the Fixture listing on club site start time is shown as 11.a.m.

But the match v Essex on Friday the 26th Which is being shown on Sky start time will be 1.p.m. also time shown on fixture list on club site.

MESSAGES->author
Scrumper
18 April, 2019 13:37
A picture on facebook shows the left hand side of the Botham stand covered with black side screen, so I guess the wicket is just west of centre.

I assume they've fixed the problem with the family/Ondaatje stands?

Somerset LaLaLa
Somerset LaLaLa
18 April, 2019 13:38
What is the UK finish time tomorrow people?

The way we're playing it's time to put the idea to rest of Kent as our unlucky team

wsm fan
wsm fan
18 April, 2019 13:50
Yes Ondatje all fixed.

Bumper crowd expected.

Loads of guest passes will be in action.....

wsm fan
wsm fan
18 April, 2019 15:07
15 man squad.

Quicker to list who isnt in.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/04/2019 15:11 by wsm fan.

cricketjerry-mouse
cricketjerry-mouse
18 April, 2019 15:11
Three spinners included in the 15-man Somerset squad for tomorrow, Jack Leach, Dom Bess and Roelof van der Merwe, but only one likely to play.

George Bartlett and Tom Banton named among the batters.

Squad; Abell, Ali, Banton, Bartlett, Bess, Brooks, Davey, Davies, Gregory, Groenewald, Hildreth, Leach, C.Overton, Trego and van der Merwe.

Kent will be without Australian-born fast bowler Grant Stewart, injured playing for the Seconds on Monday, but may include former Somerset all-rounder Calum Haggett.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/04/2019 15:17 by cricketjerry-mouse.

mikeindex
mikeindex
18 April, 2019 17:06
I'd be inclined to save Azhar and both Jacks for the longer stuff, play Dom and choose between Josh and Tim for the last spot (pretty much a toss up)
Is Jamie still not fully fit or is he deemed unsuitable for the 50-over format?

nelliec
nelliec
18 April, 2019 17:11
Ali Probably open and let everyone bat around him one would assume.
Order will probably be very flexible after Banton and Trego dependant on state of game.
Very strong Batting line up with Cove at 9 or 10 if Van De Merve plays

mikeindex
mikeindex
18 April, 2019 17:47
It strikes me as nonsensical to bat Cove at 10 when we could bat him at 9 (still pretty low for his ability) and give ourselves an extra bowling option.

cricketjerry-mouse
cricketjerry-mouse
18 April, 2019 18:06
Kent have now named a 13-man squad for tomorrow. They will be without Daniel Bell-Drummond because of a family bereavement, while Mitchell Claydon is on the injured list.

Kent from: Kuhn (c), Blake, Crawley, Dickson, Qayyum, Klaassen, Milnes, Podmore, Renshaw, Riley, Robinson, Rouse and Stevens. Batting appears somewhat reliant on imports Kuhn and Renshaw.

nelliec
nelliec
18 April, 2019 18:54
A lot depends on whether we can get 24 overs out of Abell,Trego and Roelof.
More Likely Cove , Gregory , plus 2 from 4 of what's left.
If Bess plays Cove would still be at 10!!!

MESSAGES->author
Grockle
19 April, 2019 10:59
Tom B opening with Ali and Dom in to turn the ball with RvdM.

(Sm72)

MESSAGES->author
Grizzzly
19 April, 2019 11:51
A bit surprised we are playing two spinners on what looks like a greenish strip.

Azhar looked pretty rusty in his brief stay to put it mildly, but some wonderful shots from T.B. who is using his height to great advantage.

Lovely atmosphere at the ground. Can’t help feeling a bit sad that the ECB are about to destroy the competition and with it the enjoyment of thousands of fans.

Grizzly

MESSAGES->author
Grockle
19 April, 2019 11:56
Well done Tom Banton. First of many 50s we all hope. Very confident start.

(Sm72)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/04/2019 11:57 by Grockle.

MESSAGES->author
Grockle
19 April, 2019 11:58
How long are you in country this year Grizz?

(Sm72)

MESSAGES->author
Grizzzly
19 April, 2019 12:07
Until mid June and then again for the month of September.

Thought I should be here when we win the Championship. Unless of course we’ve wrapped it up long before then !

Grizzzly

MESSAGES->author
Grockle
19 April, 2019 13:32
I'll see you at the Essex game if that is the case then sir. I'm back in the gap between your visits so hope the cricket and cider are good.

Tom Banton can open for me in white ball cricket if anyone wants to know. He seemed to be in another game to the rest. Such confident murder at times. He looks taller and less 'timid'.

Anyone think though that it might be an option to change Ali and Hildreth around and have James opening with Tom?

Storming century for a Somerset man with a future I think. Steve..... I'd score some runs in the CC1 - It isn't Jos you have to worry about.

Lewis also going from strength to strength in his season with a 50 in his first white ball game.

(Sm72)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 19/04/2019 13:34 by Grockle.

MESSAGES->author
Scrumper
19 April, 2019 13:44
Superb catch Lewis gone. 320 will be a good score now.

MESSAGES->author
Grockle
19 April, 2019 14:19
Dom's got it to 330 but mis-hooked it to the keeper.

(Sm72)

MESSAGES->author
Grockle
19 April, 2019 14:20
Well done to Cove - 28 ball 50 but a sensible one

(Sm72)

MESSAGES->author
Grizzzly
19 April, 2019 14:32
That sounds good Grockle.

Nice innings by Craig as well.

Will it be enough ? It ought to be and in times past it would be a cakewalk, but who knows these days.

A lot will depend on a certain M Renshaw methinks.

Grizzzly

MESSAGES->author
Scrumper
19 April, 2019 15:27
Cove's just hogging it now!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.