Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 25TH ANNIVERSARY season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket after Notts at Taunton will be in

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Notts Semi 50 overs Sunday
Discussion started by Grockle (IP Logged), 10 May, 2019 19:48
MESSAGES->author
Grockle
10 May, 2019 19:48
The games are coming thick and fast.

We finish a quarter on Friday and move to a semi on Sunday.

Same team?

(Sm72)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/05/2019 17:15 by Grockle.

Roger ivanhoe
Roger ivanhoe
10 May, 2019 20:17
Cannot see Jason Kerr and Tom making any changes.

AGod
AGod
10 May, 2019 23:09
Trent Bridge has been phenomenally flat. So the question is - do you maximise your bowling options in the hope of containment, or pack your side with the maximum possible amount of batting so you can go all out batting attack for as many of the 50 overs as possible?

wsm fan
wsm fan
10 May, 2019 23:16
£53 for coach ticket Sunday from Taunton 🙈🙈🙈
£12 for ticket in advance, only £1 for kids
In comparison £25 was Worcs today, im guessing 800 there today, maybe 1000 maximum, including several 100 away fans.....

Cleavo
Cleavo
11 May, 2019 07:56
Quote:
wsm fan
£53 for coach ticket Sunday from Taunton 🙈🙈🙈
£12 for ticket in advance, only £1 for kids
In comparison £25 was Worcs today, im guessing 800 there today, maybe 1000 maximum, including several 100 away fans.....

At least the club are putting on a travel and ticket package at short notice for supporters. Some counties wouldn’t bother. Very tempted to go!

Poor crowd at Worcester yesterday, but a number of factors for this. Ticket prices, dodgy weather forecast (although got incredibly lucky), the fixture was on a working day at short notice so difficult for supporters to get time off work.

Completely understandable as to why there was a low turnout.

cricketjerry-mouse
cricketjerry-mouse
11 May, 2019 09:34
Even lower turnout at Lord`s, despite Mark Ramprakash doing his best for his Sky TV masters by commenting - `the crowds in the stands are cheering`.

Perhaps he meant both of them - not the stands but the spectators.

cricketjerry-mouse
cricketjerry-mouse
11 May, 2019 10:53
Nottinghamshire opener Ben Slater, who has been out injured since the Warwickshire match on April 23, is back in contention for tomorrow`s semi-final.

He returned to action with 49 against Leicestershire Seconds on Thursday.

MESSAGES->author
Grizzzly
11 May, 2019 14:49
Squad unchanged from Worcs..

Good luck lads !

Grizzzly

MESSAGES->author
Scrumper
11 May, 2019 19:51
Notts squad of 15...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6TJZNLX4AEW_YF?format=jpg&name=360x360

cricketjerry-mouse
cricketjerry-mouse
11 May, 2019 20:02
Former England ODI international Harry Gurney, who has told Nottinghamshire he is only playing white ball cricket this summer, has flown home from the IPL and been parachuted into the squad for tomorrow`s semi-final. One can only guess what the player who has `filled in` for him in the eight group matches thinks about it all.

Also among the 15 named are Joe Clarke, who is still waiting to hear whether he faces further ECB Discipline Committee proceedings in the wake of the rape trial of his former Worcestershire colleague Alex Hepburn, and Alex Hales, like Clarke also recently suspended from playing for England at any level.

Squad: Ball, Carter, Chappell, Clarke, Duckett, Gurney, Hales, Fletcher, Moores, Mullaney (c), Nash, Patel, Pattinson, Slater, Wood.

Captain Steve Mullaney is well known as one of the nicest and most principled men on the county circuit. I wonder what he thinks about it all.

MESSAGES->author
Grockle
11 May, 2019 20:05
I thought you could not be involved in the knock out stage if you had not taken part in the group stages.

(Sm72)

MESSAGES->author
Bagpuss
11 May, 2019 21:05
I think that only applies to overseas players

AGod
AGod
12 May, 2019 11:01
No live feed from T Bridge yet?

AGod
AGod
12 May, 2019 11:05
Found it, very badly signposted, no sound yet:

[live.trentbridge.co.uk]

cricketjerry-mouse
cricketjerry-mouse
12 May, 2019 11:15
Nottinghamshire are without their overseas player, fast bowler James Pattinson, who has been recalled early ahead of the Australia `A` tour of England.

Mike BOS
Mike TA1
12 May, 2019 11:21
BBC com seems to be three balls behind the live stream.

But BBC radio five sports extra is one ball ahead of the live stream.

Take your choice what you like.

AGod
AGod
12 May, 2019 11:30
My BBC com is one ball behind, Mike.

I prefer it that way (assuming it can't be synched).

Nothing worse than watching the feed, thinking "this is going well," then hearing about a dismissal that you haven't yet seen!

cricketjerry-mouse
cricketjerry-mouse
12 May, 2019 11:36
I would have thought there is nothing better than hearing about a Nottinghamshire dismissal before you have seen it.

AGod
AGod
12 May, 2019 11:44
Some suggestion of the odd slight stickiness in the pitch at times. But as little lateral movement as expected.

Looks at least a 350 deck to me, very possibly 400.

cricketjerry-mouse
cricketjerry-mouse
12 May, 2019 11:47
With off-spinner Matthew Carter going for 24 in his second over, Notts captain Steve Mullaney is almost certainly going to have to fill in as sixth bowler.

AGod
AGod
12 May, 2019 11:50
Ouch, that was a really good ball from Gurney to account for Tom B, after a fine knock.

CJM - no, when we're batting, it's an unpleasant surprise to hear about an unseen dismissal - when they are batting, it ruins the great surprise to hear about it before seeing it!

AGod
AGod
12 May, 2019 11:54
Samit really rattling through....... need to avoid letting too many overs from him go by too cheaply.

AGod
AGod
12 May, 2019 12:00
13 from that Samit over, though interesting to see the slip in and Sam immediately creating a chance vs Peter.

AGod
AGod
12 May, 2019 12:10
The "underlying," run-rate, excepting one over of Banton vs Carter carnage, is currently only 5 rpo .. which Notts will be happy with.

Both Samit and Fletcher have bowled well.

We shall need to find ways to score more quickly against non-Carter bowlers (I assume MC will not be back).

Perhaps we can capitalise on Mullaney having to bowl?

AGod
AGod
12 May, 2019 12:16
Sadly a rather good first over from Mullaney, too.

I thought there were a few poor balls, earlier, from Jake Ball but, otherwise, Notts have bowled tidily.

AGod
AGod
12 May, 2019 12:24
Ridiculous decision re: Sam Curran (England will prevent him from playing against us) - the man has spent weeks on end playing 20 over games - how can he possibly need a rest!?

MESSAGES->author
Bagpuss
12 May, 2019 12:36
Now if only those pesky Indians were playing the Hundred™ he'd be fresh as a daisy.

AGod
AGod
12 May, 2019 12:41
An ugly smear from Azhar... but, I think that it shows that he knows, full well, that we need to accelerate rather dramatically. The past 5-6 overs have all been a little too sedate for my taste.

We have to aim for at least 375, IMO.

AGod
AGod
12 May, 2019 12:45
Completely mis-timed from Hildreth, by the looks.

Nailsea_Fizz
Nailsea_Fizz
12 May, 2019 12:50
Quote:
AGod
Some suggestion of the odd slight stickiness in the pitch at times. But as little lateral movement as expected.
Looks at least a 350 deck to me, very possibly 400.

And presumably you will write off out batting unit if we don't make 400.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.