Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Let the 2019 season begin

Current Page: 6 of 12
Re: Departures
chunkyinargyll 08 September, 2011 09:36
Sorry about Ben Scott, as there is now a seperate thread dedicated to his memory I have put my thoughts there.

BIG EASY- Would you like to be my agent?

chunkyinargyll 08 September, 2011 10:01
Kyle Coetzer has left Durham, and signed for Northants in a two year deal.

THE BIG EASY 08 September, 2011 15:29
Quote:
chunkyinargyll
Sorry about Ben Scott, as there is now a seperate thread dedicated to his memory I have put my thoughts there.
BIG EASY- Would you like to be my agent?

25% on all of your future earnings and you've got a deal!

ANDRE VOS/DAVID WILSON/NICK EVANS ARE HARLEQUIN LEGENDS

chunkyinargyll 10 September, 2011 21:40
The highest profile casualty so far this season-

Hampshire's official site confirms Dominic Cork will not be offered a contract for next year.

I think he still wants to play on- but who will have him?

Rumour mill says maybe Essex. We shall see.

chunkyinargyll 12 September, 2011 10:00
Lou Vincent not offered new contract by Sussex. (source The Cricketer)

Mart 12 September, 2011 19:14
Vincent has been released by Sussex as it was in the local paper The Argus last Thursday.

Prior, Rayner, Rana, Machan, Wernars and Arif also out of contract for Sussex.

Hopefully Machan, Prior and Rayner will stay although I'm far from confident about the latter staying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2011 19:15 by Mart.

chunkyinargyll 14 September, 2011 20:53
Vikram Banerjee not offered new contract by Gloucestershire (official club website)

chunkyinargyll 16 September, 2011 15:15
Nic Pothas released by Hampshire (official county website)

chunkyinargyll 20 September, 2011 13:55
Glamorgan have released 34 year old batsman Michael Powell in his benefit year, and Nottinghamshire have released 21 year old Akhil Patel (brother of Samit). These days players seem to be released younger than in the past. I would have thought he was worth another year or two before the decision was made.

David Brown is another Glamorgan player who is leaving.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/09/2011 15:30 by chunkyinargyll.

chunkyinargyll 21 September, 2011 14:20
Warwickshire have released 21 year old spinner Maurice Holmes. He was suspended from 1st team cricket earlier this season because of a suspect action (source The Cricketer)

comebackgatt 21 September, 2011 15:32
Hants have signed Aussie Simon Katich for next season, while Gregg Smith has turned a new contract at Derbyshire to join Essex.

chunkyinargyll 21 September, 2011 16:05
BBC website says Yorkshire have relaesed David Wainwright, Lee Hodgson, and Ben Sanderson. Funny how it's appeared on the BBC before Yorkshire's own website!

Mart 21 September, 2011 19:19
Yorkshire have released David Wainwright, Ben Sanderson and Lee Hodgson and offered Joe Root, Moin Ashraf, Gary Ballance and Azeem Rafiq two year contracts and Junior Pro or summer contracts to Alex Lees, Callum Geldart, Alex Lilley, James Wainman and Dan Hodgson.

adelaide 21 September, 2011 21:02
Quote:
chunkyinargyll
Nottinghamshire have released 21 year old Akhil Patel (brother of Samit).

Perhaps they ran out of pies.

Adelaide

chunkyinargyll 22 September, 2011 10:12
Northants have released Mal Loye.

The Diamond ruled ok 22 September, 2011 20:11
40yr old Dominic Cork has announced his retirement from cricket.

chunkyinargyll 23 September, 2011 10:12
Lancashire batsman Mark Chilton has announced his retirement (jump before you're pushed?)

Fozzie 24 September, 2011 17:54
Someone who isn't leaving - Gary Keedy has signed a new contract for Lancs, rather than join Warwickshire as had been speculated.

The Diamond ruled ok 24 September, 2011 18:12
Northants releasing Mal Loye is one of those "end of an era" stories. I have watched that guy since he was young usually pasting our attack all over the park, a thorough pro and good luck to him in what ever he gets to do in the future,if he does it as well as his cricket he is sorted.

Jonathan Winsky 27 September, 2011 09:27
thecricketer.com report that Leicestershire have agreed deals with Wayne White, Nadeem Malik and Matt Boyce, offered contracts to Ned Eckersley, Paul Dixey and Rob Taylor and have re-signed Abdul Razzaq for their Twenty20 defence. As has been known for ages, Tom New is being released despite having a year left on his contract and despite showing admirable patience in waiting for Paul Nixon to give up the gloves.

Current Page: 6 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net