Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Let the 2019 season begin

Current Page: 105 of 116
Re: ON THE MOVE OR GOING NOWHERE.
chunkyinargyll 08 September, 2018 16:03
What I want to know is....

How did our coaches miss the obvious talent of Adrian Shankar?

Worcestershire soon signed him up after those three centuries in Sri Lanka.

(Sm106)

Edit to add- I've just remembered it was Lancashire that first gave Shankar a contract.

How could they get it so badly wrong? Suggests whoever was hiring (and not hiring) new talent around 8-10 years ago was pretty clueless at spotting 'talent'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2018 16:24 by chunkyinargyll.

chunkyinargyll 09 September, 2018 07:11
Trescothick staying for another year at Somerset-

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

BeefyRoberts 09 September, 2018 08:47
Tresco only stay one more year?
He is one seriously classy player,any bets he stays for another year after 2019?

Jonathan Winsky 11 September, 2018 20:34
Darren Stevens has signed a contract at Kent for 2019, and will therefore play past his 43rd birthday next April.

Re: On The Move or Going Nowhere
Seaxe Boy 12 September, 2018 00:32
Marcus Trescothick (Somerset) (b.25.12.75) and Darren Stevens (Kent) (b.30.04.76) are the two eldest cricketers remaining active in first-class cricket aged 42.

chunkyinargyll 12 September, 2018 10:22
Matt Milnes leaves Notts, and signs three year deal with Kent.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

chunkyinargyll 12 September, 2018 11:37
Warwickshire sign Craig Miles from Gloucestershire for three years.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Seaxe Boy 12 September, 2018 20:49
[twitter.com]

BBC Newcastle report the possibility of Paul Collingwood's retirement aged 42.

dingy bags 13 September, 2018 11:12
Just wondering if he has a coaching job lined up...

Pure speculation but will start a separate thread, just for fun.

Seaxe Boy 13 September, 2018 11:30
Sky News have confirmed Paul Collingwood's retirement from first-class cricket this morning.

chunkyinargyll 13 September, 2018 12:39
The merry-go-round continues, with Zak Chappell leaving Leicestershire for Notts on a three year deal.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

We must be one of the only counties that has not signed anyone, or had anyone leave that we want to keep in the last few weeks.

Jonathan Winsky 13 September, 2018 20:03

dingy bags 13 September, 2018 20:58
Chunky - I am wondering if we feel we can sign anybody before we appoint our new head coach, who might have his own ideas.

With Franklin and Compton finally (I assume) off the books, we have some money to pay decent bunce for good players. That is unless our wretched season is going to make a dent in our income from sponsors.

We need to spend wisely but surely the new man has to have a say.

chunkyinargyll 14 September, 2018 15:49
Leicestershire have released Ned Eckersley, Mark Pettini, Tom Wells, and Rob Sayer.

[www.leicestershireccc.co.uk]

The decision to release Eckersley seems particularly tough. One more contract would probably have seen him get a benefit, and unlike many, he stayed loyal to Leicestershire. I'm sure he would have had offers in the past to change counties, but he stayed put, has one iffy season, and he's gone.

Most of the time I feel sorry for Leicestershire. They find good players, and someone comes along and nicks them. Have a loyal servant, and dump them if they have one poor year.

Seaxe Boy 14 September, 2018 22:51
Quote:
chunkyinargyll
Leicestershire have released Ned Eckersley, Mark Pettini, Tom Wells, and Rob Sayer.
[www.leicestershireccc.co.uk]

The decision to release Eckersley seems particularly tough. One more contract would probably have seen him get a benefit, and unlike many, he stayed loyal to Leicestershire. I'm sure he would have had offers in the past to change counties, but he stayed put, has one iffy season, and he's gone.

Most of the time I feel sorry for Leicestershire. They find good players, and someone comes along and nicks them. Have a loyal servant, and dump them if they have one poor year.

Eckersley is another example of a former Middlesex 2nd XI cricketer who moved on, in order to seize an opportunity elsewhere. I wish Ned well in securing a new contract.

Leicestershire have two younger wicketkeepers on their books (Lewis Hill and Harry Swindells).

Lifer 17 September, 2018 21:06
Very unlikely to sign players before new coach arrives though we are starting to release players

chunkyinargyll 21 September, 2018 13:02
Peter Trego has signed a one year white ball only contract with Somerset.

[www.somersetcountycc.co.uk]

Current Page: 105 of 116

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net