cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

RIP JT Murray Middlesex legend

Current Page: 87 of 107

Re: ON THE MOVE OR GOING NOWHERE.
Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
01 February, 2017 19:55

10 February, 2017 19:43
Glamorgan’s Mark Wallace has announced his immediate retirement.

At Lancashire, Liam Livingstone has extended his contract until 2019, while Saqib Mahmood has extended his contract until 2018.

14 February, 2017 20:00

20 February, 2017 18:52

abdul (IP Logged)
21 February, 2017 18:17
Junaid Khan signed for Lancashire as their T20 pro which is strange James Faulkner is their T20 pro,then their is Ryan Mclaren.Might it have to do with his British wife and UK passport.
Anyone know or has Faulkner pulled the plug.
Can't have all 3?

22 February, 2017 18:41

adelaide (IP Logged)
22 February, 2017 20:11
When I first saw Sidebottom play for England I thought he was unfit and struggling to bowl sufficient overs, an impression probably reinforced by his wild hair. Either I was hopelessly wrong or he got the message at some stage, or he would not still have been bowling so effectively at 37. He was still pretty effective in the Championship decider! I suppose you could say that he got Yorkshire across the line in 2015 with his very first over and us across the line last year with his first baller and (irony of ironies) by getting their score over 350 in the first innings.

Great pro, one I think we'll all miss.

Adelaide

28 February, 2017 18:58
Jack Brooks has extended his contract at Yorkshire until 2018.

Quote:
abdul
Junaid Khan signed for Lancashire as their T20 pro which is strange James Faulkner is their T20 pro,then their is Ryan Mclaren.Might it have to do with his British wife and UK passport.
Anyone know or has Faulkner pulled the plug.
Can't have all 3?

Cricket Australia have refused James Faulkner permission to play for Lancashire due to a knee injury.

01 March, 2017 18:57

02 March, 2017 06:10
Another county looking to produce "local talent" , nothing wrong with that I say.With recent retirements of long term established players at the county he must be close to being made skipper as an all rounder who plays in all three formats.

03 March, 2017 19:13
Steve Patterson has extended his contract at Yorkshire until 2018.

South African Marchant de Lange is close to signing for Glamorgan. He is set to not be considered as either a Kolpak player nor an overseas player due to his wife having a British passport.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 14:47
So,the Mexicans have resigned the cricket prostitute.
He must have more visas in his passport than Michael Palin.
How do they get around the pay cap?
Brown hatters=Brown envelopes?
I can imagine Piers Morgan has got his Mexican membership done and got a private box ready for his mates fan club...Glad I won't get an invite

dingy bags (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 19:06
Mexican & KP: a marriage made in heaven.

Deserve each other.

08 March, 2017 19:49
Although he has his critics, Kevin Pietersen’s return to county cricket is great news for those keen for publicity to be drawn to England's Twenty20 tournament. Also, the fact he seems to play in every other major country’s Twenty20 tournament would have made it strange for him to not play in the tournament that takes place in what he considers as his home nation. I agree with every word of Michael Vaughan's Tweet about this: “Delighted @KP24 is back playing Cricket in the UK .He is box office and cricket needs those characters,shame he didn't sign for a big club!!”. Unfortunately, Piers Morgan was too unhappy about Arsenal to have mentioned Pietersen on Good Morgan Britain today.

Seekkuge Prasanna has once again signed for Northamptonshire’s Twenty20 campaign in 2017.

08 March, 2017 22:15
On Twitter, Edward Bevan of BBC Wales has pointed out that a London derby with Brendon McCullum and Kevin Pietersen on opposite sides is likely to create more interest than a match between two city-based sides. However, the team Bevan follows aren’t so opposed to the introduction of city-based sides, with Glamorgan chief executive Hugh Morris in favour of the concept.

09 March, 2017 05:56
Quoted as saying it was the only club he would play T20 for. Probably the only one that could afford your wages or would actually have you you arrogant tssoer.

No malice against Notts or Hampshire in that comment then KP ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2017 05:58 by The Diamond ruled ok.

11 March, 2017 20:10

12 March, 2017 07:06
T20 Bren Gun signed up . CC Adam in place and 50 over stuff no doubt a signing or two to come but with the squad we have and our young talent coming through I do not expect any "KP to Surrey" type signings before the season starts.

Would have liked to have seen "Gorgeous George" in a Middle shirt this season but he's signed up for the lot at the Bowel hasn't he?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2017 07:11 by The Diamond ruled ok.

Current Page: 87 of 107

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net