cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Winning catch. More of the same at Taunton, please!

Current Page: 88 of 96

Re: ON THE MOVE OR GOING NOWHERE.
Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
13 March, 2017 19:27
As Peter Siddle has had to withdraw due to injury, Nottinghamshire hope to sign James Pattinson as overseas player for 2017. Pattinson’s status as overseas player would come despite his older brother Darren having previously played for the club as a domestic player.

Harvey Hosein has extended his contract at Derbyshire until 2019.

14 March, 2017 20:32

21 March, 2017 20:08

23 March, 2017 18:58
Jason Gillespie will fill in as Kent’s assistant coach to cover the period until Allan Donald receives his visa.

[edited as link did not come out correctly]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/03/2017 19:08 by Jonathan Winsky.

28 March, 2017 19:09

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
28 March, 2017 20:23
Fabian Cowdrey has left Kent.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

05 April, 2017 18:56
Ian Bell has extended his contract at Warwickshire until 2020, which is very significant, as there are very few players, officials or sponsors who have entered into an agreement or contract with a county beyond 2019, when it is feared county cricket as we know it will end.

abdul (IP Logged)
09 April, 2017 01:07
Sam Evans who scored a 100 the other day against a county,signed a contract for Leicestershire.

Michael Burgess who played Uni last year and Leicestershire,is playing for Sussex,maybe on trial.

Mathew Cross from Scotland who was on the books at Essex,has been released,no surprises there.

abdul (IP Logged)
11 April, 2017 03:24
Interestingly Mathew Cross is playing for the MCC in 2nd xl cricket,i guess he never took his opportunities.Could be the same for Ryan Davies I guess.

[deepextracover.com]
Robson leaves Leicestershire.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2017 09:02 by abdul.

11 April, 2017 18:54
Angus Robson (Sam's brother) has left Leicestershire by mutual consent.

Career ave 2995 runs at 31.52

Seemed like he was doing okay for them- but not guaranteed anyone else would make him an offer. All a bit sudden. Maybe he was less than happy at Leicestershire's self inflicted 16 point penalty. Oh- and he doesn't seem to like the new coach much, either.

[www.espncricinfo.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2017 19:05 by chunkyinargyll.

16 April, 2017 17:58
Angus Robson is expected to sign a contract a Sussex until 2019. When I heard he had left Leicestershire, I doubted he would find another club, as it doesn’t look good for a player to leave arguably the County Championship’s weakest side. However, no-one past 50 more times between 2014 and 2016, so he could end up being a handy player for Sussex.

18 April, 2017 18:26

RadstockRob (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 02:15
J.W. I think you'll find that Hildy hasn't extended his contract.

Somerset County Cricket Club have extended his contract I believe.

19 April, 2017 06:51
That's being a pedant, Rob!

Somerset made Hildreth the offer, which he decided to accept. So he has decided to extend his contract, because he could have said, 'No thanks. I think I can get more money elsewhere'.

19 April, 2017 18:51

21 April, 2017 18:08

Current Page: 88 of 96

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net