cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Winning catch. More of the same at Taunton, please!

Current Page: 89 of 96

Re: ON THE MOVE OR GOING NOWHERE.
Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
24 April, 2017 18:47

adelaide (IP Logged)
26 April, 2017 10:52
Zafar Ansari has retired, only months after his Test debut.

I'd say he was probably not short of alternative career opportunities, so once his career started to stutter it's not that surprising that he has done so. Bit of a shock that it is right now though.

Adelaide

Surbiton crusader2 (IP Logged)
26 April, 2017 11:02
Well he didn't play against Warwickshire four day game but played against Lancashire in the following one. They have a promising spinner Amar Virdi coming through. Good luck to Zafar in whatever you do...

SC2

26 April, 2017 18:56

08 May, 2017 18:51

10 May, 2017 18:37
Durham have signed Gareth Harte on a contract for the remainder of the season. He has previously played for the 2nd XI of a few counties, including Middlesex.

16 May, 2017 18:48

18 May, 2017 18:22

adelaide (IP Logged)
22 May, 2017 18:25
Just spotted that James Kettleborough played for Northants against South Africa in their List A match. Is he on trial there? Bit odd given that he didn't pull up trees in his first stint there.

Adelaide

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
22 May, 2017 18:38
I saw JK make 60 odd against us a few years back (the one year Northants were in Div 1) He really looked the part on that day, so I was quite surprised he wasn't able to nail down a regular place with either Northants, or Glamorgan.

I don't think the same rules apply to tourist games-, as you do sometimes see triallists in these games (so don't need to be on a contract)

Edit to add- It seems the one and only Chesney Hughes (formerly Derbyshire) also turned out for Northants. He's a bit hit and miss, but usually did something special once a year (whilst being distinctly mediocre the rest of the time).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/05/2017 18:51 by chunkyinargyll.

adelaide (IP Logged)
22 May, 2017 21:05
Sangakkara announces this is his last CC season, so over the weekend we were privileged to watch his last (long form at any rate) match at Lord's. What a way to go!

23 May, 2017 18:11

25 May, 2017 19:28

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
01 June, 2017 08:40
Tom Kohler-Cadmore almost certainly moving to Yorkshire. Worcestershire have left him out of team for match v Sussex. I can see their point. If someone decides they want out then they aren't part of the future anymore.

[www.espncricinfo.com]

05 June, 2017 19:37

adelaide (IP Logged)
08 June, 2017 13:40
Quote:
chunkyinargyll
Tom Kohler-Cadmore almost certainly moving to Yorkshire. Worcestershire have left him out of team for match v Sussex. I can see their point. If someone decides they want out then they aren't part of the future anymore.
[www.espncricinfo.com]

He has now signed for Yorkshire with immediate effect. But can't play against Worcs (in T20?) and is cup-tied for the RL.

Just spotted that four of the England U20 footie team this morning against Italy had double-barrelled names. It's completely lost its upper class connotations. What I worry about is when two double-barrelled persons produce offspring; are they going to be stuck with quadruple-barrelled names?

Adelaide

Current Page: 89 of 96

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net