cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Rogers and Not Out

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Final Caption Competition
30 January, 2012 20:24
Pic 1 : Seaxe Man is suitably unimpressed by Lower Pav (and Kev's) advertising of sun tan lotions. Being 98 years old he needs no such products himself.

Pic2 : Kev " For Christ's sake some one take me to the loo!!"

kimmy (IP Logged)
30 January, 2012 22:09
Picture 2...

Kev "I'm not lost.... I'm on my way to division one!!!!"

Kimmy

Always look on the bright side of life... de dum de dum de dum de dum dum

Vic. (IP Logged)
31 January, 2012 08:46
"Is that Liverpool you can see over there LP". "Not sure my eyes are that good Kev". "Certainly is" says Seaxe_Man "thats where the County Champions come from".

Vic. (IP Logged)
02 February, 2012 09:47
Poor old Kev is not raising much money for Breakthrough Breast Cancer by busking at Headingley, but then he was singing the Manilow classic:
One voice, singing in the darkness,
all it takes is one voice.

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
06 February, 2012 14:55
We are closing the competition at some stage towards the end of the week. The standard has been high and we are unsure how long it will take for Adelaide to make his mind up. Any more efforts to make Adelaide's task harder will be welcome.

The winner will either judge the first competition next season or will receive a miniscule prize that for certain purposes have been registered in my kitten Josie's name.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

07 February, 2012 20:22
For those little cover up drives

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
08 February, 2012 07:16
Test

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
08 February, 2012 07:26
I know this is the wrong thread, but main site has been down since at least 1pm yesterday, and is affecting all cricket sites on sportsnetwork, but not their rugby and football sites.

I have descovered a 'non Jonathan' way to get on the site.

Type bergasconi (any thread title will do, but bergaconi is best, as it's unusual) into Google. Make sure you click on the RUGBY network link to that thread. That then takes you to that thread (with sale sharks headboard) Go to bottom of page, and click on message list, and you are on the middlesex room menu page. It won't let me post, because I'm not registerd to post on sale sharks, and it might be unfair on their mod if 20 of us suddenly registered to join, so i didn't bother. Might be an option though!

Vic. (IP Logged)
08 February, 2012 11:58
Kev outside the Yorkshire offices having been told that his application for the second team scorers position had been unsuccessful.
Sorry would need to keep up to date with ECB vacancies to follow this.

Vic. (IP Logged)
08 February, 2012 13:21
Kev having received the news that he can't buy out of his contract with sportsnetwork.

adelaide (IP Logged)
16 February, 2012 15:59
Apologies to everyone who is waiting with bated breath but I have barely got time to access the computer at the moment, let alone judge the competition properly. I hope it won't be too long, but if anyoone else (who has not entered) is able to do it I really won't mind.

Adelaide

lower pavilion (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 01:52
I have been asked to step in and be the judge, as one of the pictures is unfortunately of me,and I did not make an entry. I am of course happy to do so.

After some deliberation I have made up my mind and advised the senior moderator of my decision.

I will leave it to him to gently break the news.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/02/2012 01:54 by lower pavilion.

lower pavilion (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 12:20
I have been asked by the moderators to post my decision.

As there are two pictures, two really miniscule prizes are to be awarded.

Picture 1. re Lower Pavilion holding the sun tan lotion. Award goes to Barmier Kev. Fix you all cry! Not at all say I. It is his posting with the reference to Scott Newman.

Picture 2. re Barmier Kev standing outside the loo.The award goes to Diamond Ruled Ok. It is his posting re Barmier Kev asking someone to take him to the loo.

Barmier Kev will give himself the miniscule prize in a very private and personal moment. No doubt the miniscule prize to Diamond will be delivered in the fullness of time.

Thanks to everyone for taking part.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/02/2012 12:26 by lower pavilion.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 12:29
Congratulations to both,and well done LP in doing your judging as i quick stand-in.
All the captions had some great comments again this year and im sure loads will be taken during the coming season.

Vic. (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 13:11
HaHa congratulations to the winners.

17 February, 2012 17:07
Honoured once again for coming up with toilet humour, I really should give up driving for a living and get a job with that firm based in Brentford.

Thanks to LP for sitting as the "honoury assizes" at short notice and I hope Adelaide is not indisposed into the season,his input like Seaxe Man (Roy get your PC fixed!!)'s is missed.

For my prize I would like our resident groundsman to judge the first comp of the next closed season,some of his gags have been crackers this winter.

Well done to all who competed and the mods for running this fun thread throughout the winter, now bring on the cricket.

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 19:19
More decisions. Do I award myself a miniscule prize or do I judge next time after season competition? Or should I share either or both of these with Diamond?

Maybe 1st one next season a photo of me awarding myself a prize?

Glad that many enjoyed the theme.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net