cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

4 more to Buck

Kent v Middlesex at Beckenham
Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 14:38
Middlesex are currently playing their first pre-season match of 2012 v Kent at Beckenham. The latest score can be followed on the club's official website, Twitter or Facebook pages.

Our line-up is (there are 12 players named, so I assume 11 will bat and 11 will field): Sam Robson, Dawid Malan, Adam London, Neil Dexter, Tom Scollay, John Simpson, Ollie Rayner, Steven Crook, Tom Smith, Toby Roland-Jones, Anthony Ireland and Robbie Williams

Kent's line-up is (there are 13 players named, so I assume 11 will bat and 11 will field): Rob Key, Sam Billings, Michael Powell, Alex Blake, Ben Harmison, Sam Northeast, Charlie Shreck, Matt Coles, Adam Shaw, Thomas, Adam Riley, Fabien Cowdrey and ex-Durham fast bowler Mark Davies, who is likely to sign for Kent soon, as has been tipped for some time on wearekent.org.

Don't ask me what Thomas's first name is or whether I am certain of the first names of some of Kent's other players.

The latest score I can get is that, having been inserted, Middlesex are 214-3 after 36 of our 40 overs, with the batsmen out being Robson (10), London (40) and Malan (104). Congratulations on AC on scoring a ton.

Photos of the ground can be viewed here and here.

Re: Kent v Middlesex at Beckenham
chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 14:46
I think AC was out for 128, JW. Also Dexy made 37. Only a warm up but a good start.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 14:46
At close it is 257-4,am doing a mini report in the sun to be put up later hopefully.
Not saying much more as yet will spoil the reading later!

Beeamazed (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 15:23
I'm confused.
Where's Moggy?
Weight training at Luffbro....?(Sm100)

23 March, 2012 15:29
As I'm sure you know Bee the IPL starts at the same time we play Somerset in a couple of weeks time. Not much point wasting a place in the line up for someone who won't be available when the serious stuff starts.

(Sm1)

Beeamazed (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 15:36
Oh ,
I'd forgotten about that past its sell- by date tourney.
Hope he doesn't get too many splinters in his bum...winking smiley

23 March, 2012 16:30
The latest score is that Kent are 95-1 after 20 overs, so they need 163 from the remaining 20 overs. Kent would prefer to have more runs on the board and we would prefer to have taken more wickets, but it is great that the rate required is now 8.15.

The wicket to fall was Sam Billings, who was caught by John Simpson off Robbie Williams for 19.

I was thinking that Eoin Morgan might have played in this or some of our other pre-season matches, although I knew it would be unlikely. As it is a one-day match, he could have used it to prepare for the IPL. However, as he doesn't think highly of competitive county cricket, I don't know what he would make of a pre-season friendly.

23 March, 2012 17:14
You said it Jonathan- 'He could have used it to prepare for the IPL'. Why would we want to help him prepare for a competition that means he will miss the first 7 or 8 weeks of our season.

dingy bags (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 17:46
We've won.

23 March, 2012 17:47
And the result of the match is that Middlesex have won by 21 runs, so a hopefully that will stand us in good stead when the competitive matches start in a fortnight's time.

23 March, 2012 17:53
The bowling figures were: Steven Crook 1-32, Toby Roland-Jones 2-31, Robbie Williams 2-34, Anthony Ireland 0-33, Ollie Rayner 0-22, Dawid Malan 0-26, Tom Smith 1-39 and Neil Dexter 0-15.

23 March, 2012 18:26
A good all round work out, with everyone chipping in.

Look forward to Beefy's report in due course.

23 March, 2012 19:29
Good result for the lads. I just hope Beefy's little ginger head didn't get too badly burnt in the sun.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 13:23
Re: Kent v Middlesex at Beckenham new
Posted by: beeamazed (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2012 15:36

Oh ,
I'd forgotten about that past its sell- by date tourney.
Hope he doesn't get too many splinters in his bum...

Seems the Indians like us BA. Giles Clarke has just signed a £400mill deal to show county cricket on Indian TV...presumably with the nod from the BCCI...

They just don't wanna see us go broke....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net